Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Marko Hart, Werewolf

So I've been eating poo poo since kindergarten after my family moved to Mom's hometown of Loserthrop, Georgia. I don't know if the thought never crossed her mind that her mixed white and Iroquois kid probably wouldn't be looked too kindly on in hillbilly country, or my Dad lost the argument THAT BAD he had to concede to this.

But here I am, and it sucks. It really sucks. It doesn't matter that I always follow the rules, that I always keep my mouth shut and stick to myself...I still end up eating poo poo from the other kids (AND sometimes adults because gently caress me I guess).

Things are changing though...I think I may have hit like a post-puberty growth spurt or whatever 'cause the next thing I know I wake up one morning looking lean and mean and ready to lift my Dad's car up off the driveway. I'm sizing everyone up where I go now, thinking if I can take them on in a fight (spoilers: you bet your rear end I can). Hell, I can literally smell if someone is about to start trouble with me.

My Dad says it's something in the family blood making me this way. That his father had it a lot worse than me. I don't know what that means exactly, but what I do know is this:

I played by your rules, and you gave me nothing. And even when I had nothing , you still had to take something from me. So no more. gently caress your rules. I'm taking what I want and you can't stop me.

quote:

Name: Marko Hart
Skin: Werewolf
Look: Feisty, Cunning Eyes
Origin: Ancestral Power

Stats
Hot: 1
Cold: -1
Volatile: 2
Dark: -1

Moves

Scent of Blood
Add 1 to all rolls against those who have been harmed in this scene already.

Unstable
When you become your Darkest Self, mark experience.

Sex Move
When you have sex with someone, you establish a spirit connection with them. Until either of you breaks that spirit connection, by having sex with someone else, add 1 to all rolls made to defend them. You can tell when that connection has been broken.

Darkest Self
You transform into a terrifying wolf-creature. You crave power and dominance, and those are earned through bloodshed. If anyone attempts to stand in your way, they must be brought down and made to bleed. You escape your Darkest Self when you wound someone you really care about or the sun rises, whichever happens first.

Backstory
You lack subtlety. Give a String to everyone.

You’ve spent weeks watching someone from a distance. Their scent and mannerisms are unmistakable to you now. Take 2 Strings on them.

Roman Reigns fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jul 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Marko Hart, the Werewolf

quote:

What strange events have happened to you recently?

So uh remember when I mentioned that I can smell trouble off of people? That's not an exaggeration. In fact...since I've been having these changes, I've been able to get all kinds of different scents off people.

And it's been making me hungry. Like I'm getting stomach pangs as if I haven't eaten in a day. And...um...in some cases some of the scents are making me horny as well. It's weird. It used to just be one or two girls I'm crushing on and now it feels like...well...everybody. Or almost everybody.

Then there's the nightmares. Since I've had my "growth spurt" I get this reoccurring nightmare where I'm being chased in the woods at night by some giant...beast I guess. And it catches up to me every time. And every nightmare it seems to catch me faster and faster.

The last one I had I woke up naked in bed--my clothes completely gone--and had the taste of blood in my mouth. I...I'm not sure what it all means. It has to be a coincidence, right?

Oh and there's my fight with Billy Bragg...

quote:

Who in town is realizing they made a mistake in tormenting you, and is now trying to get on your good side? Is it working?

Billy Bragg pretty much had my number since I was a freshman. Teasing and pranking eventually turned to racial slurs and then to him and his buddies catching me after school to beat the poo poo out of me. Or before school. Or sometimes in the middle of school if I'm outside the cafeteria after lunch. Billy's family was apparently related to some Confederate general in the Civil War, so you bet I got to hear a lot about Southern pride as he stomped my head in.

That is until he decided to pick a fight with me after these changes started happening to my body...

He and his friends had me cornered after school as per usual. Billy punched me in the stomach and then...well, what happened next is still kind of a blur for me. But next thing I know his buddies are gone, and Billy is laying on the ground in front of me with missing teeth, a swollen eye and a bit of his forearm missing...until I realized it was in my mouth.

Since I was outnumbered and they started the fight, the school suspended me of course. It was almost an expulsion but Mom has some pull with the school board and that didn't happen.

As for Billy? He's been doing his best to avoid me pretty much. He gets really quiet whenever he sees me and tries to avoid eye contact. One time I winked at him and he went home "sick" that same day.

I've been living in fear of him for two years. Now he knows what it feels like. And I'm fine with that.

quote:

What advice did your parents give you in dealing with bullies? Do you still care about what they have to say now that you can win fights?

"Just ignore them". "Find an adult". "Try talking things out."

Yeah no, this was pretty trash advice from my parents. Hard to ignore people who outright hate you for existing. Ditto if you want to "talk things out" with them. The most the school administrators did when I went to them for help was to put me on notice for getting the other kids in trouble for no reason.

Mom and Dad just flat out did not want me fighting at all. Said it would just make things worse for me, that I should wait and eventually bullies grow out of their behavior.

Dad especially lost his poo poo after what happened with Billy Bragg. He said that I was getting to end up killing someone and wind up in prison like Grandpa.

I do think about that from time to time but...c'mon! I'm not going to kill anyone. But I'm also not going to stop doing what I'm doing. I'm not going to say I'm happy where I'm at right now...but I'm not waking up in the morning feeling sad inside anymore. I'm not going to school with my stomach twisted in knots and my anxiety ramping up until I nearly have a heart attack. I don't have to look over my shoulder anymore. I can hold my head up high. I can look people in the eye. I can say what I want and how I feel now.

...Y'know what? I take it back. I am happy.

Roman Reigns fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jul 17, 2021

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Marko Hart, the Werewolf

Backstory

quote:

You lack subtlety. Give a String to everyone.

Old Marko was subtle. New Marko is tough and super cool and everyone knows it.

quote:

You’ve spent weeks watching someone from a distance. Their scent and mannerisms are unmistakable to you now. Take 2 Strings on them.

Alanis Winthrop. I mean, it's right there in the name. Winthrop. Future queen of the garbage kingdom. As soon as I learned who she is, I had my eyes on her from day one.

Maybe I'm being unfair thinking she's the enemy. She never did me any harm (as far as I know) and she's...very easy on the eyes. But she's not really helping me, is she? With her name she'd be able to bring the rest of these assholes to heel, and that'd make my life easier. But she's not doing that, and that makes her as bad as the rest of them.

Also...there's something else about her. Something that makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Something that causes me to growl and snarl on the inside. Not all the time...but it happens. What is that?

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

[Mr. Kelsey]

[] [] [] []
[] [] [] []
[] [] [] []
[Marko] [Ariana] [] [Alanis]

I guess Marko is joining the back row kids club, specifically in the other corner so he has a full view of the room and can spot potential threats.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

quote:

What has Danielle Everton asked you to help her with, and why?

Poor Danielle. We didn't really talk much at first, but she seemed sweet and pretty friendly. Then she hooked up with a Winthrop and, predictably, things turned to poo poo for her fairly quickly.

It's rough watching her walk into class. You can almost hear the air get sucked out of the room right away as she miserably takes her seat and goes quiet. Her friends still talk to her but they are obviously a bit more distant with her than before. Wonder how much of that is them, and how much is their parents telling them not to associate with the "impure" whore?

Ugh...

Anyway...Danielle's been asking me for rides after school in my (formerly Dad's) pickup truck. Usually to her house since she doesn't live that far from me, sometimes to the pharmacy if she needs to pick something up. Her parents aren't always available to do it and her friends...well...see above. But she needs every help she can get so when she asked me the first time, even though we were practically strangers to each other, I said yes without hesitation.

Man...gently caress Winthrop. Both the town and the family.

quote:

What do you know about Maria Aiza that no one else does?

So Maria came out to me as gay this past summer after we tried to make out at a bonfire party.

Alright, I should probably go into detail about this.

So last summer I was invited to a bonfire party out in the woods somewhere by Maria's friends. Lots of music, lots of alcohol, lots of first- and second base attempts to be had. It's a bit of a blur, but I recall seeing Danielle and Sammuel Winthrop there as well.

Anyhow, Maria's friends got her buzzed and pressured her into going off into the woods with me. Maria's gorgeous, so it didn't take much convincing for me to go along with it, drunk or otherwise. We just started kissing when she quickly broke it off and had a mini-breakdown. She told me she already had a girlfriend, that her friends didn't know, and that her family ESPECIALLY doesn't know, and asked me not to say anything.

Maria's a pretty cool person and even if she wasn't, I wouldn't throw her under the bus like that. So of course I said I'd keep her secret. Since then, she's been one of the few people in this school I'd call a friend. She never told me who she was seeing, but I figured that's on a need-to-know basis.

Unfortunately, I am also her go-to excuse that she isn't gay and I have to play along and pretend to be her...part time boyfriend? A reoccurring fling? Eh, I don't mind but sooner or later someone's going to catch on that she says I'm with her one night when they know I'm actually somewhere else at the same time...

quote:

How did Jeremiah Wolf lose his eye?

Well...I mean...do you really lose something you never had to begin with?

Sorry, that's a lovely thing for me to say. But Jeremiah had a birth defect and was basically born with only one eye.

All things considered, he's actually one of the more popular people in school. He's very nice and sociable, and a lot of people think the one eye is pretty cool. I should hang out with him more often.

'Course, now and then the dipshit bible brigade tries to tear him down. Lot of rumor spreading about how he really sacrificed his eye to make a pact with the devil, or that his parents actually did it. The screwed up part is that apparently adults believe this as well.

Really. gently caress Winthrop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

For better or for worse, Alanis does come across as pretty Coldhearted...