Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

OrthoTrot posted:

None of these guys are earning anywhere near that much except maybe Knoxville. The new people in particular got paid very little for this one.

Bam claims that he would've been paid $5 million for being in Jackass Forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
considering how much Paramount spends on these movies, it would be very weird if everyone involved wasn't pulling, oh i don't know, at least 1 million per movie, starting with the second or third one. i'm like, certain that they all got a couple mil for Forever. or that they won't end up with that much from residuals and merch

edit: like yeah i could see the new guys "only" getting like 500k but Dave, Ehren, Preston etc

OrthoTrot
Dec 10, 2006
Its either Trotsky or its Notsky

precision posted:

considering how much Paramount spends on these movies, it would be very weird if everyone involved wasn't pulling, oh i don't know, at least 1 million per movie, starting with the second or third one. i'm like, certain that they all got a couple mil for Forever. or that they won't end up with that much from residuals and merch

edit: like yeah i could see the new guys "only" getting like 500k but Dave, Ehren, Preston etc

Poopies is on Steve-O's podcast saying he literally didn't get paid at all. He did it purely for exposure/love of the show.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

OrthoTrot posted:

Poopies is on Steve-O's podcast saying he literally didn't get paid at all. He did it purely for exposure/love of the show.

i mean, i feel like if that's true, it's because he's dumb or didn't ask for money. considering how much these movies make.

"hi i'm johnny knovile and today, we're signing contracts!"

truly their dumbest stunt of all lmao

but anyway i MAINTAIN that ehren and preston and dave got paid well. come on, surely

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
Around the time 3 came out I think, Steve-O mentioned on Stern or something that as far as pay goes Knoxville, Bam, and himself are one, two, and three.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Thinking they tried to pay Poopies but once it got to direct deposits and routing number he just gave up

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

OrthoTrot posted:

Yeah, Poopies got paid $35,000 flat for doing the movie, and Bam (of all people) wasn't happy about it. "He almost lost his hand to a shark bite for you, and all you can give him is 35 grand?!?"

well why not posted:

Managed to see Forever. Holy moly, Danger Ehran couldn't be paid well enough to do that. There's an entire coda of him getting hit in the nuts repeatedly. He surely must be retired after this.

As for Pontius, he's really a funny guy and works well as a 'second host' when Knoxville isn't on. Rachel filled a similar niche a few times, bringing the riffs to lighten the mood.

No-selling the taser to the tongue and the scorpion bites was intense. The taser was super impressive, but overshadowed by the insane guillotine Steve-O did right after.

Rachel's said that she was very much a learning process for Knoxville/Tremaine. They love her, but she's the first woman they've had, so there were a lot of discussions about what to involve her in and making sure that it didn't look like they were just beating up on a girl. She's said that there were times when Knoxville would pull her aside and go "don't volunteer for this" and the one thing she never wanted to do was cry on set.

OrthoTrot
Dec 10, 2006
Its either Trotsky or its Notsky

precision posted:

i mean, i feel like if that's true, it's because he's dumb or didn't ask for money. considering how much these movies make.

Well, he certainly didn't sound happy about the situation so I don't think that the problem was that he somehow forgot to ask for more. I mean, sure, these movies make money but these guys don't have a lot of bargaining power.

They mostly can't just walk away and do something else. Maybe Knoxville, maybe Bam, but it's not like Dave England or Preston could just threaten to take their ball and go home. Paramount are not worried about losing revenue to a theoretical Dave England solo project.

Also on Steve-O's podcast Ehren says he's doing well for himself because his primary income is flipping houses.

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Did anyone watch the shark week specials?

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

I have not but Poopies has brass balls for jumping right back on that horse.

He's dumb as a bag of hammers.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
to be fair it's a really endearing bag of hammers

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Poopies is a human golden retriever.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Bam Margera Hospitalized With Pneumonia, Put on Ventilator

quote:

Bam Margera is in a hospital battling a very serious case of pneumonia, complicated by COVID-19 ... TMZ has learned.

Sources close to the situation tell us Bam was hospitalized in San Diego earlier this week. He then tested positive for Covid while in the hospital ... and since then we're told doctors decided to put him on a ventilator. He's being treated in ICU, but his condition is stable.

:( I hope he pulls through.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Same. Mostly because of his kid.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

https://twitter.com/TheBSFC/status/1602070931349848069?t=Wc3JC_mogURnTLirMPM2Cg&s=19

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Vice dropped a mini documentary on Bam. It's actually really well done and sad. Very much worth a watch

https://youtu.be/CuluhA3S--U

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

precision posted:

Vice dropped a mini documentary on Bam. It's actually really well done and sad. Very much worth a watch

https://youtu.be/CuluhA3S--U

Someone mentioned CKY to me a long time ago, but I never knew just how much Jackass owed its existence to it.

I hope Bam can stay clean.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Bam Margera Joining 'Jackass' Co-Star Steve-O's Comedy Tour Following Recent Health Issues

IDK about you guys, but to me this sounds like a really good sign. :unsmith:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Hell yeah let's go Jackass 5.

Jackass V?
Jackass the Fifth?
5 Jack 5 rear end?

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

precision posted:

Hell yeah let's go Jackass 5.

Jackass V?
Jackass the Fifth?
5 Jack 5 rear end?

Jacka55, obviously. :colbert:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Released on Knoxville's 55th birthday!

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Knoxville has said that he promised his wife he's not doing any further Jackass projects because of all the TBIs he's incurred.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I think I said something like this earlier in the thread but I’d be cool with the new Jackass show mostly being the new blood taking all the hits and retaining whoever they can get from the OG crew as like hosts, peanut gallery, idea guys, with occasional participation however they’re comfortable with.

Forever very much served as their last big hurrah, they have nothing else left to prove, and it showed some new talent to pass the torch to.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Timby posted:

Knoxville has said that he promised his wife he's not doing any further Jackass projects because of all the TBIs he's incurred.

I mean he can still be there to give them poo poo, that's really his main specialty anyway

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

precision posted:

I mean he can still be there to give them poo poo, that's really his main specialty anyway

just lurking around, popping folks with a stun gun lol

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
the new crew gimmick will be that none of them will ever get through a "hi i'm BLANK and this is the BLANK BLANK" read without getting tasered or something dumped on their head by knoxville

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
If you haven't seen Jackass Forever yet, or just want to watch it again, it's now on Prime Video.

Still no word on a physical release for 4.5 though. :sigh: