Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

banned from Starbucks posted:

Sweat suit
Horse cum
Piss snowcone
And poo poo cocktail (bungie port-o-potty)

We're the closest I've ever thrown up

Any of the visible making GBS threads or puking I skip

Pontius drinking the horse cum was the worst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Steve-o snorting wasabi.

Gah.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Keith Atherton posted:

That was in Portland Oregon right? I think Dave England or Ehren were living there at the time

That’s where they did the baby doll skit

Yeah, Hippo Hardware! That place is great but got way too expensive over the years.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Sweat suit is making me almost throw up, right now, merely thinking about it. It was that good.

And I never loving want to see that again.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I think the paper cut stunt gave me ptsd with eyeballs - i cannot stand anything eyeball + touching anymore, it makes me gag

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

King Vidiot posted:

Sweat suit is making me almost throw up, right now, merely thinking about it. It was that good.

And I never loving want to see that again.

It's a great bit. The suit idea didn't work out so instead of aborting it, they improvise and start sopping up the sweat. Oh god I almost barfed just typing that out.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I grew up watching the CKY movies, the TV show, all the various shows the cast had (shout-out to Wild Boyz).

The Jackass movies are some of my fondest movie going experiences. I really hope we aren't in lockdown when it comes out, as I'll be there opening night and want it to be a full house.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Vincent posted:

Got any details? I only know that he's gained a lot of weight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wK7Xb2pn0E

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
All this talk of favorite Jackass moments and no one brought up The Wind Tunnel, or Bam and a bunch of snakes in a horse trailer from Number Two.

Maybe my favorite segment ever?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

SilentChaz posted:

All this talk of favorite Jackass moments and no one brought up The Wind Tunnel, or Bam and a bunch of snakes in a horse trailer from Number Two.

Maybe my favorite segment ever?

“Are you crying?”

“Yeah!”

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
3D was the first I saw in theaters. It was glorious.

I always loved the chair. Not a bit but still hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Syc-Q7UcjPA

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

The flying paintball drone might be the most creative one ive seen.

Xinlum
Apr 12, 2009

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Dark Knight

Did anyone watch Stevos Gnarly special? It has some wild stunts. Big spoilers ahead. The tamest stunt of the night is SteveO hanging upside down while wee man staples his balls to his legs. Easily the nastiest stunt of all time is near the end where SteveO eats a condom Pontius jacked off into in front of his dad, shits it out, brings it out on stage like days later, and eats it again.

SteveOs YouTube channel and hot sauce are pretty legit too.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
What the gently caress was he thinking with the gunpowder stuff in his living room.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Xinlum posted:

Did anyone watch Stevos Gnarly special? It has some wild stunts. Big spoilers ahead. The tamest stunt of the night is SteveO hanging upside down while wee man staples his balls to his legs. Easily the nastiest stunt of all time is near the end where SteveO eats a condom Pontius jacked off into in front of his dad, shits it out, brings it out on stage like days later, and eats it again.

SteveOs YouTube channel and hot sauce are pretty legit too.

Jesus Christ

I'm gonna have to try and forget that I read that.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
fuckin hell steveo, drat, dude

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Did you guys ever catch Dirty Sanchez from the UK? It was just pure chaos and the guys were almost as watchable as the Jackass crew. There was some brutal stunts like dragging someones rear end over skateboard grip tape then pouring vinegar on it. Or some bet where the loser had to eat a bag of pubes on a pizza. One time they went to Thailand, got liposuctioned then drank it or something. Like - just balls to the wall insanity.

Here's their paintball record attempt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX3gbTBdbKY

Then they tell him it's all bullshit and theres no record for this. :lol:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Seeing the first Jackass movie in theaters when it first came out is one of my favorite movie-going memories, I don't think I've heard a packed movie theater laugh that hard since

That opening with O Fortuna and the slow reveal of the shopping cart through the fog :lmao:, everyone just immediately dying of laughter and just didn't stop until after the credits rolled (and Son of Jackass, of course, which is now kind of sad given it has Dunn in old man makeup :()

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I had no idea this was coming but am very eager for it now. Like already said thanks to We Hate Movies I've rewatched a lot of Jackass and was delighted to find it 100% held up. I can't wait to see these old men shoot themselves in the balls with nailguns or whatever the gently caress.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Freakazoid_ posted:

fuckin hell steveo, drat, dude

He did a comedy show around the country a couple years ago and played clips, the one that sticks out the most was he got a vasectamy (shown in graphic detail) and then IMMEDIATELY let Chris Pontius kick him in the balls, then went horseback riding without a saddle before he had even changed out of his hospital gown. And after the show he signed EVERYONE'S merch and posed for a picture. Super great guy.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
As someone who also has addiction issues and loved Jackass as a kid seeing Steve-O get sober and be so open about his issues while also remaining the same dumb goober he was in the old show genuinely makes me incredibly happy.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yeah, he's really got his poo poo together now - it's great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLOCxCpp5D0

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

sexpig by night posted:

As someone who also has addiction issues and loved Jackass as a kid seeing Steve-O get sober and be so open about his issues while also remaining the same dumb goober he was in the old show genuinely makes me incredibly happy.

That's a huge part of the appeal and longevity of Jackass. For the most part the dudes all appear to be super cool and chill guys with a lot of charisma. You can't help but cheer them on and wince while they tase their own balls.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Echoing the earlier sentiments about the dildo cannon in 3D. Probably one of the best theater-going moments in my life.

amaguri
Mar 27, 2010
There isn't much in this world that elicits a genuine belly laugh outta me... but I have incredibly fond memories of seeing the first Jackass movie in the theater and my face physically hurting from smiling and laughing so much. And it's really the platonic ideal of a shared movie going experience, absolute chaos in the best possible way. Lookin forward to this.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Jose Oquendo posted:

That's a huge part of the appeal and longevity of Jackass. For the most part the dudes all appear to be super cool and chill guys with a lot of charisma. You can't help but cheer them on and wince while they tase their own balls.

yea it makes sense their roots are literally just 'we were a bunch of skate park trash that thought videos of ourselves kicking our friends in the balls were funny and somehow we got on an actual network to do it'. It'd be super easy for something like that to feel fake and, for lack of a better word, 'insincere' if they weren't just kinda normal guys who were willing to get a snake to bite their dicks for a laugh because they genuinely thought it was funny.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Boywhiz88 posted:

I love talking Jackass. Especially the movies. I really find them to be art in their own way. From concepts to how they're shot, and by the 3rd they're incorporating new technology. I've actually never seen it in 3D, I don't think I've seen an actual BD-3D for it. Maybe I'm missing something obvious.

Never had a proper home release sadly, but during the push for 3D sky movies in the UK aired a print of it on their 3D channel and it was capped and can be found online. It’s quite glitchy (probably due to being a broadcast), but the 3D elements seem the same as how I remember in the theater.

Vintersorg posted:

Did you guys ever catch Dirty Sanchez from the UK?

They got a group of people my friend was involved with to do a stunt for them (as according to my friend they were too pussy to do it themselves). Said stunt involved jumping from a warehouse roof onto some boxes, which MTV full on refused to air for obvious reasons. They included it on the DVD, unfortunately the only version I’ve seen online just reduces it to this 40 second clip and not the 5 minute or so thing that it originally was.

https://youtu.be/iQu0lBv-kNY

My friend is the second one to jump, who pretty much managed to miss the boxes and probably didn’t die simply due to sheer adrenaline.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

amaguri posted:

There isn't much in this world that elicits a genuine belly laugh outta me... but I have incredibly fond memories of seeing the first Jackass movie in the theater and my face physically hurting from smiling and laughing so much. And it's really the platonic ideal of a shared movie going experience, absolute chaos in the best possible way. Lookin forward to this.

It's why I was kind of bummed out watching Borat 2 on Amazon Prime without the theatre experience. There were so many gags in that film that I KNEW would be funnier if I had hundreds of people laughing along with me. Being in my living room watching it on my smart TV wasn't the same. So glad Jackass Forever is going to theatres.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

We forgot about the other snake!

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
just dug out my old Jackass DVDs and realized I had almost* managed to forget about this horrific bit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOWx82rVkOo

*almost as in I had been saying "butter, lubricates the whole meal" for years without remembering why

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

The pacing of the first movie was just loving wild. I have very very vague memories of seeing it in theaters but it was like just laughing your guts up or dead silence as everyone sat on the edge of their seat.

But yeah the paper cuts were the worst for me because something about it seemed too real and familiar.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

banned from Starbucks posted:

Sweat suit
Horse cum
Piss snowcone
And poo poo cocktail (bungie port-o-potty)

We're the closest I've ever thrown up

I may have read this in the same way that the verses to "Sharp Dressed Man" are sang

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I have the DVD box set of all the TV episodes and started watching it the other night

Of course it was raw as hell at the beginning but some of the pranking strangers stuff is borderline mean now. I think it is great that after they got famous they had to get more creative and we got the bad grandpa and Spike Jonze’s old lady

It was weird seeing the CKY dudes again and a young and healthy Bam

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Jackass 3D, in cinema was ideal as it was at the peak of the 3D trend, with a packed audience of people just 110% psyched to be there. The crowd was going off like it was a concert.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

EL BROMANCE posted:

Never had a proper home release sadly, but during the push for 3D sky movies in the UK aired a print of it on their 3D channel and it was capped and can be found online. It’s quite glitchy (probably due to being a broadcast), but the 3D elements seem the same as how I remember in the theater.

They got a group of people my friend was involved with to do a stunt for them (as according to my friend they were too pussy to do it themselves). Said stunt involved jumping from a warehouse roof onto some boxes, which MTV full on refused to air for obvious reasons. They included it on the DVD, unfortunately the only version I’ve seen online just reduces it to this 40 second clip and not the 5 minute or so thing that it originally was.

https://youtu.be/iQu0lBv-kNY

My friend is the second one to jump, who pretty much managed to miss the boxes and probably didn’t die simply due to sheer adrenaline.

Holy shiiiiiiiiii

For reference, this is how a box fall is supposed to work
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6R3mHxM1g0

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

New trailer just dropped:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNq-QT2Jpng

Looks like some of the stunts are 'new and improved' versions of old ones, which I'm totally ok with. If this is truly the last Jackass thing ever, then it's ok to do some greatest hits.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Goddamn, hell yeah.

The Wiley Coyote gag made me laugh the hardest.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Inzombiac posted:

Goddamn, hell yeah.

The Wiley Coyote gag made me laugh the hardest.

It fooled me as much as it did whoever drove into it.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Looks great. I gotta drag my brother into a theater to see this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

Yeah this is probably gonna be the first movie I see in theaters since Covid started. I've been lucky enough to see every one in theaters and they're all easily in my top theater experiences.