Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I think because they’re so much taller than most of the Tunes MJ and LBJ would play centre, so we’re just looking for slots 1-4 here.

I always thought it was hosed up Road Runner didn’t play in the first movie because he’s easily the most powerful tune. I’d probably play him (her?) as shooting guard if he’s available, and then Taz as a Giannis style PF because I don’t think you can stop him from driving if he’s spinning.

My other two slots would be Lola and Bugs because iirc they’re the only good basketball players other than MJ on the Tune Squad in the first movie, but I would sort of have them play positionless and float around as needed.

Not sure who I would run as my bench, a lot of the tunes seem kind of fat, short, bad at sports, and get into too much trouble. Probably Foghorn to sub in for MJ and maybe the dog to cover for Taz.

Let me know what you think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I feel like Gossamer would be quite the asset.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Roth posted:

I feel like Gossamer would be quite the asset.

If it was a pure Tune team I think so, but he’s too redundant with MJ, LBJ and Foghorn imo.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Just draft the starting five from Shōhoku High School.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Slam Dunk is cool but the Looney Tunes would absolutely wax them I think. Bugs and Road Runner are basically gods when you think about it.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
You gotta realise that Bugs always wins unless it's funnier for him to lose, and Daffy always loses unless it's funnier for him to win. Road Runner's fast af but not much on offense.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
Why would you want Lyndon Johnson to be on a basketball team?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Ghost Leviathan posted:

You gotta realise that Bugs always wins unless it's funnier for him to lose, and Daffy always loses unless it's funnier for him to win. Road Runner's fast af but not much on offense.

The only time Bugs will lose is up against the Tortoise

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Foghorn's genius cousin is absolute getting a spot on the bench. Let him sit down and do his calculations for the first half of the game, and by the second he's going to have the ball just quantum materialize above the basket for half an hour.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Bugs loses against innocents or if he's being too aggressive against someone deserving. Animaniacs explains this more. He also can't really do anything against anyone too cute.

Id get more limitless Toons like Popeye, Arale, etc. on my team.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Darko posted:

Bugs loses against innocents or if he's being too aggressive against someone deserving. Animaniacs explains this more. He also can't really do anything against anyone too cute.

This is actually a plot device in Animaniacs iirc, where the Warner Siblings explain that while the Sound of Music reference nanny is driving them nuts, they can't raise a hand against her because she's not doing anything bad. ...so they bring in Slappy Squirrel, who has no compunctions at all.

Popeye is probably good because while he might get his butt kicked 90% of the match he always comes in clutch. Arale is a crapshoot tho. She might win on her terms, not yours.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Ghost Leviathan posted:

This is actually a plot device in Animaniacs iirc, where the Warner Siblings explain that while the Sound of Music reference nanny is driving them nuts, they can't raise a hand against her because she's not doing anything bad. ...so they bring in Slappy Squirrel, who has no compunctions at all.

Popeye is probably good because while he might get his butt kicked 90% of the match he always comes in clutch. Arale is a crapshoot tho. She might win on her terms, not yours.

They can't do much against Elmyra at first either because, while she's dangerous to animals, she's innocent *and* cute. I forgot how they turned the tables; maybe I'll go watch it in a bit.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Fleischer/ MGM/ etc. needs to be removed for the purposes of this discussion, y'all. The Tune Squad is explicitly WB (specifically Merrie Melodies) properties only. Other companies aren't relevant to the discussion. Besides, we all know that Droopy Dog would be endgame anyways, lending that discussion moot.

I'd have to say Bugs, Lola, Roadrunner, Taz, Speedy Gonzalez. Marvin the Martian could be a valuable bench player. My hope is that the sheer speed and agility of this team would offset the lack of a true big man.

Dora Standpipe from the Dover Boys short may also be a valuable asset for harassment.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Chieves posted:

Fleischer/ MGM/ etc. needs to be removed for the purposes of this discussion, y'all. The Tune Squad is explicitly WB (specifically Merrie Melodies) properties only. Other companies aren't relevant to the discussion. Besides, we all know that Droopy Dog would be endgame anyways, lending that discussion moot.

I'd have to say Bugs, Lola, Roadrunner, Taz, Speedy Gonzalez. Marvin the Martian could be a valuable bench player. My hope is that the sheer speed and agility of this team would offset the lack of a true big man.

Dora Standpipe from the Dover Boys short may also be a valuable asset for harassment.

New movie changes this and says it can be any WB owned property, which includes Popeye. Bugs just wants the team to be his friends. LeBron wanted Iron Giant + Superman for forwards and stuff.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Darko posted:

Popeye gonna rack up fouls and get ejected

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
those guys from Clockwork Orange seem like they could just kick the poo poo out of everyone

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Darko posted:

New movie changes this and says it can be any WB owned property, which includes Popeye. Bugs just wants the team to be his friends. LeBron wanted Iron Giant + Superman for forwards and stuff.

Well poo poo, I stand corrected. I disagree with the ruling, however.

5 Supermans is clearly the right answer here then. What a great conflict for a 120 minute film.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Chieves posted:

Well poo poo, I stand corrected. I disagree with the ruling, however.

5 Supermans is clearly the right answer here then. What a great conflict for a 120 minute film.

You can only have one superman.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Arrhythmia posted:

there are at least 52 multiverses in DC cosmology so you can actually have at least 52 supermans

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

there are at least 52 multiverses in DC cosmology so you can actually have at least 52 supermans

If you could have multiverse clones you would just go to another dimension and make a team of five LBJs, and skip the supermen. Jesus.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/RealNBAExpert/status/1415944260453601280?s=20

https://twitter.com/jason1749/status/1416080369036767232?s=19

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jul 16, 2021

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Arrhythmia posted:

Different actors? Plus the DCAU one?

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Chieves posted:

Different actors? Plus the DCAU one?

They go to the DCAU and meet DCAU Superman, then go to a singular Wonderwoman world with the Zimmer theme, and meet her, so yeah they all exist, so you get Reeve, maybe Routh, DCAU, Cavill, and your choice of others.

None of this is as fun as it should be.

The worst part of this stupid movie was definitely Casablanca.

Darko fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jul 17, 2021

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Elmer Fudd because he could just loving shoot everyone

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Darko posted:

They go to the DCAU and meet DCAU Superman, then go to a singular Wonderwoman world with the Zimmer theme, and meet her, so yeah they all exist, so you get Reeve, maybe Routh, DCAU, Cavill, and your choice of others.

None of this is as fun as it should be.

The worst part of this stupid movie was definitely Casablanca.

Casablanca was supposed to have Pepe le pew, so just imagine that

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Marvin the Martian, being a Looney Tune and an alien, is already the referee, being explicitly neutral

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Space Jam 2 was fascinatingly awful for capturing how much of modern pop culture is just recognizing things to feel rewarded, and how desperate Warner Bros is in general to be Disney.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Daffy the duck is still funny

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I do get the feeling we're watching megacorporations have collective long-form breakdowns.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
It’s amazing how quickly WB went from a neutral-positive “their movies are generally pretty good” to STRONG AVOID.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

It’s amazing how quickly WB went from a neutral-positive “their movies are generally pretty good” to STRONG AVOID.

Yeah it happened as soon as they gave Zack Snyder a Superman movie HYUK HYUK

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Please no Snyder arguing in the Space Jam thread

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Daffy the duck is still funny

He felt like the one character that felt like his actual character.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I do get the feeling we're watching megacorporations have collective long-form breakdowns.

One year involuntary break and they throw everything at their writers and scream “DO SOMETHING”

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Darko posted:

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Roth posted:

Space Jam 2 was fascinatingly awful for capturing how much of modern pop culture is just recognizing things to feel rewarded, and how desperate Warner Bros is in general to be Disney.

warner brothers has always been this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOFG_qmoH8I

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Space Jam 2 was pretty bad but the Tune stuff was funny imo. I like cartoons.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
My favorite part about this movie is how they did so much work to have the crowd of the audience be humans on one side and Characters on the other and then both sides seem to just cheer equally for both sides.

I feel like there was some company mandate humans couldn’t boo warner brothers properties and the flint stones aren’t allowed to boo humans, so everyone is just uniformly having a good time at the game

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

My favorite part about this movie is how they did so much work to have the crowd of the audience be humans on one side and Characters on the other and then both sides seem to just cheer equally for both sides.

I feel like there was some company mandate humans couldn’t boo warner brothers properties and the flint stones aren’t allowed to boo humans, so everyone is just uniformly having a good time at the game

Reminds of the anecdote where the people running Monk/everyone involved in the show were excited for there to be an episode on a cruise ship at some point but it ended up not happening because they started developing it and the company whos boat they were going to use had so many demands like the employees can never be shown to be providing bad customer service at any point and so on and it got to the point where one of their notes was asking if they could avoid having a murder take place on or around the boat at all and at that point the Monk people were just like gently caress this lol

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I wish my wife had waited to try and see this in theaters instead of just streaming it so I could finally tell people that I've walked out of a movie in-theater. It was basically a very long WB/HBO commercial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Snake Eyes is next week.