Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Space Jam: A New Legacy - A Mafia Game For 15 Players

Basketball champion and global icon LeBron James wishes for both of his sons, Darius and Dom, to follow in his footsteps, but Dom, a child prodigy in computer software, instead dreams of becoming a video game developer. LeBron's wife, Kamiyah, advises him to respect Dom's wish. While showing an interest in Dom's game, Dom discovers a glitch in his character after performing a specific move which causes the character to be deleted, to his chagrin.

Later, LeBron is invited with his family to the Warner Bros. studio to discuss a movie deal, but LeBron dismisses the idea, while Dom shows an interest in the studio's software, particularly its state-of-the-art A.I., Al-G Rhythm. Dom expresses an interest in a future with Warner Bros, leading to a blowup argument with his father at basketball camp when LeBron refuses to let him give up on the sport. Al-G, who has secretly become self-aware and desires more recognition from the world, lures the two to the basement and traps them in virtual reality. Taking Dom as his prisoner, he orders LeBron to assemble a basketball team made entirely from fictional characters owned by Warner Bros to compete against his own team in a day's time, telling him that he will only be released if he wins, and sends him through the virtual space where he lands in Tune World. Meanwhile, Al-G talks to Dom and begins to turn him against his father by playing on his resentments and helping him develop and upgrade himself and his game, which he secretly intends to use against LeBron.

LeBron finds Tune World deserted save only for Bugs Bunny, who explains that Al-G persuaded the rest of the Looney Tunes to leave their world and explore other realities. Using a spaceship belonging to Marvin the Martian, LeBron and Bugs travel to different worlds based on Warner Bros properties such as DC Comics, Harry Potter, Casablanca and Game of Thrones to locate and recruit the rest of the Looney Tunes, such as Daffy Duck, Lola Bunny and Porky Pig, into the "Tune Squad."

Over Bugs' objections, LeBron insists on coaching his new players on the fundamentals of basketball. The Tune Squad meet with Al-G's team, the Goon Squad, comprised of upgraded avatars of several active professional basketball players with superpowers and led by Dom. To further the stakes, Al-G livestreams the game and abducts countless viewers, including LeBron's family, into the virtual reality, and says that if the Tune Squad loses, the viewers will remain there for eternity and the Looney Tunes will be deleted permanently.

Tune Squad vs. Goon Squad. Who you got?

Unique Rules:
  • This game will have a subtle observer mechanic. Each day, observers can vote on which player should get the most 'style points' based on the best case made during the day. At the end of the day, that player will receive a hidden boon which is useable immediately.

Player List
  1. Amnistar (He/Him)
  2. b-minus1
  3. Grandicap (He, Him)
  4. Hal Insandenza (he/him/hal)
  5. Jen X (She/Her)
  6. Lampsacus
  7. Lotus Aura (they/their/them)
  8. Maerlyn
  9. ObamaAkbar. (He/him)
  10. Philip J. Fry (he/him/bro)
  11. Retro Futurist (He/him/opop)
  12. Somberbrero (He/him)
  13. The Ninth Layer
  14. Toalpaz (THEY THEM)
  15. Voodoofly (He/Him/Whatever)

Discord: https://discord.gg/SFrbcEmY

merk fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Jul 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Example Vanilla Town PM:

merk posted:

You are [Character], TOWN, Vanilla. You win when all threats to the TOWN have been eliminated.

Lurker Mechanics:
If someone is egregiously lurking, I will murder them without warning.

merk fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jul 21, 2021

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
We need more people!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
If we don't fill up by Wednesday, would anyone be opposed to making this a 15 player game?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok! Reformatting. Give me a bit!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok. Please join discord. I’ll launch this tonight.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Maerlyn posted:

I'll join as observer and replacement if needed?

You ok starting out playing? You're 15 if so.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olXYZOsXw_o

Day 1. Starts. Now.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Please note the noon Eastern Saturday deadline.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Phillip J. Fry replaces t a s t e.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Voodoofly posted:

##vote taste. He doesn’t know if he is in the game. Let’s help him out.

I ignored this vote because I am bad with votefinder.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Retro Futurist is probated for six hours!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
To be fair to all in case you don’t read that thread, I posted in the Discussion Thread seeking a replacement for a player in this game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
A gentle reminder that observers can vote for style points awards based on your casework and votes!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
There are currently two observers! One has an avatar of a pro wrestler!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Bif replaces Maeryln.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Deadline is soon! Make sure to get your votes in!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
ObamaAkbar was eliminated on day 1.

quote:

You are Bugs Bunny, TOWN, Mason. You are the backbone to this entire drat Looney Tunes franchise. It's great that they are bringing you back and are already on season 2 of the "new" Looney Tunes. I'm happy to see you on the screen again. Even though you had some racist history (Bugs Bunny Nips the Nips?) and a lot of not funny jokes, you're back and better than ever. Run this game like you have ran the cartoon world for the last 50+ years.

You may freely talk in the 'bugs-lebron' confessional. From a flavor perspective, you know that the other person in the channel is Lebron James. This is an unconfirmed masonry.
You win when all threats to the TOWN have been eliminated.

Night actions. 24 hours.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Twilight is always open in my games.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Somberbrero, Yosemite Sam, TOWN, Vanilla was killed n1.
The Ninth Layer, Foghorn Leghorn, TOWN, Vanilla was killed n1.

Most of the tunes (toons? Sorry, really, I didn't realize how dumb it is that they are the Looney Tunes and not the Looney Toons. It really doesn't make any sense. I read online why it is "Tunes" and it is ridiculous.) went to bed. Not all of the Tunes woke up.

Day 2.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Grandicap has won a boon based on spectator votes for this post: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3973684&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=6#post516417760

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I am taking suggestions for future deadlines privately. @ me in your confessional if you want a shorter or longer deadline.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
:redhammer:

Jen X, SCUM, Wet-Fire, Watcher was eliminated on day 2.

quote:

Jen X, Wet-Fire, Watcher (Fakeclaim: Lola Bunny). You are an elemental member of the Goon Squad granted with aquakinesis and pyrokinesis. That's literally what the Wikipedia entry says. I don't even know if those are words. You're voiced by Klay Thompson, so put up some 3s as you slam down this game for a scum win. Each night, you may target someone to learn whether any other players targeted them. Your results will be super clear.

You win when the scum have unassailable control over the voting mechanics of the game.

Night actions.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Again, the thread is always open for whatever discussion you want during the night. Go hog wild.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Bifauxen, TOWN, Lebron James, Mason was killed n2.
Philip J. Fry, TOWN, Granny, Day Vigilante was killed n2.

quote:

You are Lebron James, TOWN, Mason.

You are the hero of the movie. You are the new greatness. (You didn't win this latest NBA Finals, but that's not your fault, right?). This movie is your chance to show the world that you're a real superstar. Honestly, I think you deserved the shot to star in a movie like this after that hilarious display in Trainwreck. This movie, though, didn't really do it for me. I mean... it just didn't. I didn't need a commercial telling me how great you are.

You may freely talk in the 'bugs-lebron' confessional. From a flavor perspective, you know that the other person in the channel is Bugs Bunny. This is an unconfirmed masonry.

quote:

You are Granny, TOWN, Day Vigilante. Once per game, you may perform an unblockable day kill in thread by using ##kill [target].

Isn't it ridiculous that Granny is on the Tune Squad in this movie? Granny is maybe the most boring Looney Tunes character that exists. I get it. They want to have that funny scene in the trailer where Granny is doing all those moves on her walker like its a pummelhorse, but that's a dumb scene. We didn't need it. I bet they just want to sell Granny merch. Who would buy that anyway?

Day 3... starts... now.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Toalpaz posted:

Can a scum produce a good case? We know obs are not scum, that should be enough to trust their judgement on what is convincing. Scums will inherently be less convincing because they are always wrong.

Toal has won a boon. It is immediately useable, and they will learn what it is... right... now.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Lotus Aura, Michael Jordan, SELF-aligned, Serial Killer was eliminated on day 3.

quote:

You are Michael Jordan, SELF-aligned, Serial Killer (Fakeclaim: Speedy Gonzalez). You are the greatest basketball player of all time. You have six rings. You don't even know what a finals game 7 is. You've won league MVP five times. You make millions of dollars a year because you had the intelligence to negotiate a piece of the pie with Nike when they wanted to put you on a shoe. You're my hero. Sure. You're kind of an rear end in a top hat. You don't tip well. You have a major gambling problem. But let's brush that to the side and look at your greatness.

In any event, Lebron James is trying to be you. He's clearly not it. He had to switch teams a thousand times just to win a few rings. Who cares. This guy sucks.

You are going to destroy this entire movie.

Each night, you may target someone to kill them.

You win when you are the last remaining player in the game.

In this game, town are "TOWN" and scum are "SCUM". I will put a vanilla town PM in the op.

One more thing, you have a one-shot BP. I forgot about that.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Night actions.

As always, the game remains open.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Toalpaz, TOWN, Porky Pig was killed night 3!

Day 4.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

b-minus1 posted:

What an epic collapse lmao. Kill the serial killer today. It makes no sense to kill amni first. We will only have one, or potentially no kills tonight. Another night to get info before turboing amni tomorrow

##vote lotus

b- has won a style points boon as voted by the spectators! Since I forgot to do this, he will learn what it is... right... now.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Amnistar, SCUM, Al-G Rhythm, Serial Killer Cop (Fakeclaim: Yogi Bear) was eliminated on day 4.

quote:

Amnistar, Al-G Rhythm, Serial Killer Cop (Fakeclaim: Yogi Bear). You are the leader of the Goon Squad, Al-G Rhythm, played by Don Cheadle in arguably the worst performance of his career. You read lines that didn't make sense with about as much acting skill as my five year old son repeating YouTube movies back to me. You sucked in this movie. Don't you remember Hotel Rwanda where you were incredible? What the hell happened to your career.

In any event, you know there is a Serial Killer in this game. Each night, you may target someone to learn if they are a "SERIAL KILLER" or "NOPE."

You win when the scum have unassailable control over the voting mechanics of the game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Night 4 begins... now.

As always, the game remains open.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Retro Futurist posted:

Fortunately I'm sure Grandi will be protected tonight, and with presumably one scum left he's effectively a cop now so either way we get someone caught or confirmed town tomorrow

Retro Futurist has earned a boon! He will learn what it is... right... now.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Grandicap, Marvin the Martian, TOWN, Tracker was killed n4.

quote:

You are Marvin the Martian, TOWN, Tracker. Each night, you may target someone to learn who, if anyone, they visited that night. You win when all threats to the TOWN have been eliminated.

From a flavor perspective, let's quickly talk about how bullshit it is that you aren't on the Toon Squad in this movie, not even a referee this time. They put GRANNY in instead of you? loving GRANNY?! You're a tried and true staple of the Looney Tunes universe and you're downgraded to a boring scene early on in the movie where Bugs tricks you into stealing your ship? That's... man, that's cold. I hate everything about it. I hate this movie.

Day 5 begins... now.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Votecount for Day 5

Not Voting (5): b-minus1, Hal Insandenza, Lampsacus, Retro Futurist, Voodoofly

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 30th, 2021 at 3 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 23 hours.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
No more boons will be awarded.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Here is a question that you, in your sole discretion, may choose to answer or not answer. It will have no impact on the game.

Why are the 95-96 Chicago Bulls the greatest team of all time in any sport?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Full disclosure: Tonight is date night with Mrs. merk! I will be unavailable starting in about 1.5 hours. If there is a hammer, please be patient!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Lampsacus, TOWN, Michael B. Jordan, Vanilla was eliminated day 5.

Night 5 starts now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Game will open tomorrow at 7:45am Eastern assuming all night actions are in.