Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

Ups_rail posted:

"spartacus and the sun beneath the sea"

Good Lord, thought I was the only person alive who had seen this.

Anyway yeah gently caress Disney.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Open Source Idiom posted:

I hope they take these last few episodes and just go full queer. They've already started tacitly setting up a Gus/Hunter ship, just pull the rip cord on that too.

I feel like that's reaching but you do you

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

TwoPair posted:

I feel like that's reaching but you do you

Hey now, I called this show being awesomely queer before most other goons and I've got the receipts to prove it, so I'm gonna call it again here.

But yeah, it's mostly in some of the blocking, there's nothing more textually significant.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Actually, it'll be a Hunter/Gus/Willow throuple as per the fan art by Dana

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Open Source Idiom posted:

Hey now, I called this show being awesomely queer before most other goons and I've got the receipts to prove it, so I'm gonna call it again here.

But yeah, it's mostly in some of the blocking, there's nothing more textually significant.

Hunter has two hands, Willow and Gus can share him

stellae
Oct 3, 2021

A lurker in poster's clothing
I don't think they'll go that route because Hunter is 16 and Gus is 12.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of I forget, do we know if Grimwalkers age or was Hunter just made in his current form?

Fair point on Gus and all joking aside I see Hunter as more of a big brother figure towards him, the latter hooking up with Willow seems plausible though.

Also in regards to the recent episode why was Odalia in the flashback before Eda left Raine to join the other coven heads (she doesn’t seem like the kind of person the former would ever willingly hang out with)?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 21:38 on May 30, 2022

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Larryb posted:

The Collector may have splatted Belos easily but I look forward to seeing what happens when he meets Hooty

OOOOH YOU WANT TO PLAY OWL HOUSE? I'M THE OWL HOUSE!

*the Collector explodes for no apparent reason and everyone's subplots instantly resolve*

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Funky Valentine posted:

OOOOH YOU WANT TO PLAY OWL HOUSE? I'M THE OWL HOUSE!

*the Collector explodes for no apparent reason and everyone's subplots instantly resolve*

The Collector turns into a magic super-powered version of Doofus Drake from Ducktales 2017

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Tiny Nose knew all along:

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

:thunk:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

I kind of figured, Tiny Nose looks really similar to how she draws herself

https://picturejasper20.tumblr.com/post/683055802884440064

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 06:20 on May 31, 2022

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of, has Dana done any voicework outside of this series out of curiosity?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Larryb posted:

Speaking of, has Dana done any voicework outside of this series out of curiosity?

Nope. She shoulda been smart and followed the Alex Hirsch method of "cast yourself in multiple roles" to turn this gig into a voice acting career after the show's over :v:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Happy Landfill posted:

I kind of figured, Tiny Nose looks really similar to how she draws herself

https://picturejasper20.tumblr.com/post/683055802884440064

Hey, she's had a name this whole time.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

On another note, I’m curious how the gang is going to ultimately deal with The Collector, he’s a literal god with the mind of a child and zero sense of right and wrong. That’s a pretty bad combination in my book (plus I’m pretty sure King’s dad sealed him away and did everything he could to hide his son from him for a good reason)

However, his Achilles Heel appears to be that he’s not very smart and it’s pretty easy to trick him (though if he ever finds out you’re as good as dead) which I imagine will play a role in his eventual defeat.

Alternatively as I suggested earlier, Luz could bring Camila back to the Boiling Isles with her (after all, who better to deal with an unruly child than a mom)

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Larryb posted:

Alternatively as I suggested earlier, Luz could bring Camila back to the Boiling Isles with her (after all, who better to deal with an unruly child than a mom)

Not a fan of the Twilight Zone, I take it?

Spoilering just in case :ohdear:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Rappaport posted:

I’ve heard of that particular episode (and know it from that one Simpsons parody) but never actually watched it, I assume things end badly (and to be fair, we are dealing with an amoral god child who can kill you with a flick of his finger)

Collector sort of reminds me of a slightly dumber version of Bill Cipher except he doesn’t really have any grand goals in mind besides wanting to play

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:30 on May 31, 2022

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Rappaport posted:

Send him to the cornfield Anthony

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also it just dawned on me why they had Kikimora working as a delivery girl last episode (Kiki’s Delivery Service)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
:aaaaa: holy poo poo

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Larryb posted:

On another note, I’m curious how the gang is going to ultimately deal with The Collector, he’s a literal god with the mind of a child and zero sense of right and wrong. That’s a pretty bad combination in my book (plus I’m pretty sure King’s dad sealed him away and did everything he could to hide his son from him for a good reason)

However, his Achilles Heel appears to be that he’s not very smart and it’s pretty easy to trick him (though if he ever finds out you’re as good as dead) which I imagine will play a role in his eventual defeat.

I don't know. I don't want Camilla to get "splutched."

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Everyone posted:

I don't know. I don't want Camilla to get "splutched."

Fair, I am still curious how exactly they’re going to beat him though considering he’s literally a god and being blasted with magic would probably just feel like a light breeze to him (maybe they find a way to reseal him or something)

As for Phillip the Blob, I imagine he’s only going to be a temporary threat at best (maybe he’ll fuse with Jacob or someone Venom style and/or eventually get eaten by Vee)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:35 on May 31, 2022

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Larryb posted:

Fair, I am still curious how exactly they’re going to beat him though considering he’s literally a god and being blasted with magic would probably just feel like a light breeze to him (maybe they find a way to reseal him or something)

As for Phillip the Blob, I imagine he’s only going to be a temporary threat at best (maybe he’ll fuse with Jacob or someone Venom style and/or eventually get eaten by Vee)

I imagine they "beat" the Collector by calling Mr. and Mrs. Q to come get the little bastard.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
I really liked Kikimora's turn. it shows more dimension to her that she doesn't just keep putting up with being hosed over. especially that last bit--if she was still all over Belos after he told her to gently caress off and die I would have been kind of disappointed. this is much more interesting and I'm wondering if she'll fully go over to the good side or not

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Everyone posted:

I imagine they "beat" the Collector by calling Mr. and Mrs. Q to come get the little bastard.

They definitely need to level the playing field a bit since as it stands this is a guy that could probably destroy the whole world by blinking, attacking him would be suicidal

Collector’s gullibility might contribute to his downfall however (King’s dad somehow managed to seal him away once in the past, maybe Luz & Co could figure out how to do it again) or as you suggested they go the Shaman King route where the malevolent deity is ultimately defeated by his parents coming down to give him a stern talking to

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
I know the solution.

King is going to pull a Mr. Satan and befriend the all-powerful god child

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Pyroi posted:

I know the solution.

King is going to pull a Mr. Satan and befriend the all-powerful god child

And then King will ride around on the Collector's back cheering as the Collector kills hippies Titan-trappers.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I am sort of curious whether the Collector or Belos will ultimately be the final boss of the series. The former is basically invincible and doesn’t really have any connection to the main cast aside from maybe King but the latter has currently been reduced to a sentient blob of goo thanks to the former

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Larryb posted:

I am sort of curious whether the Collector or Belos will ultimately be the final boss of the series. The former is basically invincible and doesn’t really have any connection to the main cast aside from maybe King but the latter has currently been reduced to a sentient blob of goo thanks to the former

I think Belos gets dealt with before they get back to the Boiling Isles. The Collector isn't so much the final "boss" (there's no fighting him. He disrupted the Draining Spell by moving the loving moon) as a final problem. He's a child who got lost. The former Titan imprisoned him because he couldn't think of anything else. The solution to The Collector is to get him back to his home somehow.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Makes sense, the only options at this point are to seal him back up in his prison (which might save the Isles but it’d do nothing for the Collector himself except piss him off again) or help him. Since one of the core themes of this show is accepting who you are I agree it’d be fitting if Luz and King helped another wayward child find his way home

Related, I kind of like how in the moment Collector appears in front of Belos after being freed his childish attitude and all his theatrics disappear briefly. He’s cold and calculating as he takes his long awaited revenge on the man that used him and tossed him aside

On another note, I wonder if this show will have a little timeskip epilogue at the end like Amphibia did (and if they do it might be cool if they used the beta designs for Luz & Co’s adult forms)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jun 1, 2022

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Belos will go down like the monster from "Toys In The Attic" from Cowboy Bebop when Hooty eats him thinking he's pudding.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

TwoPair posted:

Belos will go down like the monster from "Toys In The Attic" from Cowboy Bebop when Hooty eats him thinking he's pudding.

I would also accept Vee chowing down on him in the human realm (there’s probably enough magical residue to last her a good while)

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Larryb posted:

I would also accept Vee chowing down on him in the human realm (there’s probably enough magical residue to last her a good while)

Camila accidentally steps on him while investigating the old shack with the kids.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

In any case I hope they give Blobos the least dignified death possible (you’re already halfway there with The Collector oneshotting him with a flick to the face)

On another note I wonder if they’ll ever explain what the old shack in the woods actually is (Phillip and Caleb’s former home maybe?)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Jun 1, 2022

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

:ohdear:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

It seems Blobos jumped off Hunter at some point after arriving in the human realm (if you wait out the credits the last shot of the episode is him closing the door to the shack)

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I wonder how Blobos works vis a vis the "wolverine rules". I mean he doesn't obey the canonical Wolverine rule since it was heavily implied a small part of it was enough to be him, but what about the rest of the goo?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Rappaport posted:

I wonder how Blobos works vis a vis the "wolverine rules". I mean he doesn't obey the canonical Wolverine rule since it was heavily implied a small part of it was enough to be him, but what about the rest of the goo?

Yeah, about 95% of Belos is still splattered on the walls of the castle basement so I’m curious how much of Phillip is actually left in that little blob.

As others have suggested maybe he’ll run into Jacob the Curator and take over his body Venom style (apparently the Wittebane brothers were something of a big deal in Gravesfield according to Yesterday’s Lie).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

In regards to the Collector, I’m curious if he was complicit in the genocide of the titans or if the Titan Trappers started doing it in his name after he was sealed away

Though as I said, King’s dad probably hid his son away from Collector for a good reason

Larryb fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jun 3, 2022