Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Oh good someone made a thread

Anyway I love how much this show takes imagery from messed up renaissance paintings of hell and makes them cute and funny to look at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

The Walrus posted:

Solid Hero's Story journey with characters that are both heartwarming and hilarious. Strong doses of pathos when you least expect it. Great bad guys. Kick rear end fight scenes. Cute animals.

Solid Hero's Story- Ehh, probably not

characters that are both heartwarming and hilarious- Hell yes

Strong doses of pathos when you least expect it- Double hell yes

Great bad guys- Your definition may vary

Kick rear end fight scenes-https://i.imgur.com/aG9Ne6l.mp4

Cute animals- Too many to count

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
I love how in an episode all about Eda learning to accept her position as Luz and King's foster mom it takes the resistance less than a minute to start calling her "Mama"

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

paradoxGentleman posted:

Man, Darius was so fun to hate. I love that he thinks Alador's an hack. I bet he only likes artisanal hand-crafted abomination. His scary genie form was cool though, really sold the idea that these coven leaders are not to be messed with.

That man's name is Evil Gilmore and no I will not take criticism

EDIT:

paradoxGentleman posted:

Rain was okay. They didn't really capture me but it was neat to see some opposition to Belos' rule coming from the inside, so to speak. Was it just a fandom rumor, that they're nonbinary, or something that Master Terrace* herself confirmed?

And Eda calls Rain "They" a couple times, so nonbinary

DarklyDreaming fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jul 24, 2021

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

I Am Fowl posted:

Hooty definitely leaves big rear end gross owl pellets all around, right?

It's what the house is made of

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Everyone posted:

Seriously though, no specific spoilers, but that was quite a lot of plot movement on multiple fronts. Hooty is the best (and the worst).

He accomplished everything he set out to do, just nowhere near how he planned it :allears:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Funky Valentine posted:

I like Lilith's custom stationary and that she breaks it out to be pen pals with Hootsifer.

There is absolutely no reason for Lilith to have matching levels of "Bird aesthetic" but she chose to do it anyway and we love her for it

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Mine cart chases aren't as fun as video games led me to believe :negative:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Madurai posted:

"Too serial" seems like a weird one, and strikes me as still trying to optimize for broadcast viewing in a world where that's less and less prevalent.

Not just broadcast, Disney needs to be able to wield the Owl House IP as a weapon against rival entertainment companies. Things we associate with serialized TV like character arcs, heel turns and dramatic twists that add new context to previous episodes are anathema to toylines, spinoffs and theme park rides who need characters and plots to be reduced to a quick blurb on the back of the box.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Everyone posted:

It's going to be funny as hell if the best way to "defeat" the villain is to just give him what he wants.

He probably does still want to be the Emperor of something. Do we just give him Bir Tawil?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

I Am Fowl posted:

It was a fun reveal that the Twins have been using glamours this whole time to jazz up their looks. Who wouldn't?

Especially at 16 because I looked like both of them at that age

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Pants Donkey posted:

So, if I had to guess, the serialized stuff gets in the way of how kids consume media these days, which is just randomly browsing through shows on tablets. So stuff that’s easy to randomly jump into will more likely keeps kids on Disney+ instead of going over to YouTube.

Similarly it's a lot easier to market a toyline/theme park ride/T-shirts if everyone knows that this character is staying in the easily labeled Hero/Villain section for ten years. Complicated character arcs muddy those waters.