Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

The Walrus posted:

Only show like this I've ever really gotten into was Avatar, even something like Infinity Train didn't realllllly do it for me though I thought it was decent enough. Will I like this

Outlook hazy, ask again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Wendie Malick really pulling out the stops for this one.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

This is some good cartoons.

"Don't you talk about my MOTHER!" is such an obvious line, yet the delivery still carried it.

I Am Fowl posted:

Also, this.

Yes, definitely this.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

I like Lilith's custom stationary and that she breaks it out to be pen pals with Hootsifer.

Lilith absolutely writes letters like she draws glyphs, with her nose right on the paper.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Look at the precious cinnamon buns. LOOK AT THEM

https://twitter.com/DanaTerrace/status/1421698192886800389

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Amity got a promotion from Mittens to Boots!

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

...so when do we get to see Harpy Lilith?

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I was figuring it was medieval tapestry-inspired.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

So this is what Amethyst is up to while Steven's off doing who the gently caress cares.

Well, that and yelling at people in San Andreas

The adventures of "Marilyn" was something I hoped we'd be getting a lot more of since the first episode, so I'm glad we got to see at least a glimpse. We know Eda at least went to the movies some, since her reaction to "Dragonclaw Z" last episode.

Argue posted:

It totally is; some of the first character art they produced was her wearing the exact outfit Stan describes. She's never worn it on the show but she does own a cup with that same logo on it, so presumably it's part of a set. Give me a three-way GF/Amphibia/Owl House crossover Disney, please and thank you.

[/spoiler]

I think there's really no stopping it at this point.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Everyone posted:

I liked what we learned about Vee. I'm glad that "evil Luz" wasn't evil at all but kind of a mirror to Luz, going into a strange new world because her life in her old world sucked. I also liked Vee upbraiding Luz for leaving what Vee considered to be something like paradise. I suspect that Luz/Vee is more popular and gets better grades that Luz because she wanted to be the best "Luz" she kind to repay Camilla's unknowing kindness

As for Luz it was interesting that the second she established that Vee wasn't part of some evil Belos plot, she was perfectly happy to exploit her shifting ability to keep her mother in the dark for a while longer. Even after she learned that Vee was a Basilisk AKA the thing that had tried to eat Hexside. Also fun was Luz trying to warn Vee away from the "terrible" high school students and Vee just approaching them with no problem (partly because she apparently knew them from that camp). Still, it does make one wonder how much of Luz's social problem was kind of on Luz for not making real efforts to reach out to others because she was more interested in her magic/fantasy stuff.

It was the best of all possible outcomes for V in that her first experience on Earth was going to "how to be a normal human" class.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

You know that weirdo was hosed when Camilo got the sandal out.

What are the Vegas odds that Belos will get CHANCLA'ed before the end of the show?

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

The last 5 episodes get added to Disney+ today, right?

They were up last night!

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Holy poo poo the Hooty episode is amazing.

I love that Amity was actually into the tunnel of love stuff.

It's because she's a Wholesome Magic Sweetheart.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

"Too serial" seems like a weird one, and strikes me as still trying to optimize for broadcast viewing in a world where that's less and less prevalent.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

Tell me about the balusters.

Seriously, shoot my veins completely full of Lilith being a super-nerd even to the point of wearing her glasses again.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

TwoPair posted:

When they made the Dora the Explorer joke I half expected to see that Flora was actually played by a former Dora VA. Turns out it was only her mom.

Also I am very disappointed with the end of the episode. It was like, the most predictable plot twist and I think literally everyone called it.

I think at this stage the only question remaining, "was it Wittebane or his unnamed companion" has been drawn out long enough.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

It was good to hear from Viney again.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I think the biggest revelation was that Warden Wrath has eyes after all

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Larryb posted:

Just saying, we only have so much time left to pull the trigger on that particular plot point (though I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s something that happens closer to the end when Luz finally finds her true resolve)

Kind of curious what animal her palisman is going to turn out to be (something like a chameleon, parrot, or mockingbird could work seeing as her glyph magic makes Luz kind of a jack of all trades).

I thought the Vegas line was on it being a bat, since her phone decor, and all.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Larryb posted:

I look forward to them going full Gravity Falls in the end and weaponizing the Owl House (Luz, Willow, and Gus already accidentally brought it to life once after all).

Also at the moment I’m assuming the final boss of the series will be either whatever Phillip turns into if he can’t get his palisman juice, the Collector (who we still don’t really know much about), or the Titan itself

I support the use of Hooty in Baba Yaga's Hut Mode.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Tristesse posted:

The Brother (I'll call Grimwalker since that seems to be his name)

"grimwalker" seems to be the magical term for clone. We still don't know the brother's name.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Larryb posted:

On another note I wonder if Luz possesses some kind of latent magical ability despite being human as in the episode back in the first season where she accidentally brings the Owl House to life along with Willow and Gus, Eda and King have a discussion at the end about how it’d take a lot of power to pull a spell like that off at which point the former glances directly at Luz

It's possible all humans have latent magic, which would explain some things about how Wittebane operates.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Larryb posted:

I’ve said it before but I really want to see Luz and her mom team up and kick rear end together at some point

Also Steve the guard seems like a cool guy, let’s see more of him

Steve takes the Clawthorne name after he marries Lilith.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Larryb posted:

Also the Owl House is apparently his body (or at least the front door is)

Lilith specifically referred to him as a "house demon." It's unclear if that's a type of demon that has houses for bodies, or just any demon you keep in your home.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Sockser posted:

The new episodes finally hit D+, but you wouldn't know it

Animated shows are at the bottom of the Disney page
and Owl House lives on page 4 of that list

I don't want to read too much maliciousness into it but it's pretty hard not to

The entities who designed the UX for Disney Now! demanded that D+ be made harder to use.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Larryb posted:

Ah, I forgot if the others were implied to have gotten back by the time the Emperor’s Coven found the house or not. Still enough people left to put up a decent fight though

I think they demonstrated that the EC troopers deliberately waited until they saw Hooty leave; as they were packing up, Hooty said something about noticing movement around the perimeter.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

BioEnchanted posted:

I loved Eda's breakdown in the latest episode too where she was freaking out about getting Luz involved with a fight she should never have had anything to do with. That was a cool moment.

A point all too many shows with kid protagonists shouldering adult responsibilities just kind of ignore. It's nice to see it being dealt with.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Larryb posted:

I’m also holding out hope for Camilla meeting the demon realm group at some point as well.

We're all hoping for some chancla-ing to happen.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Larryb posted:

True, he despises witches after all and his whole plan as I understand it basically involves a complete genocide of the islands. It was likely a “keep your friends close and keep your enemies closer” situation as you said (she’s the only one who got to keep her palisman for example)

Kind of makes me wonder if there will be anyone still willing to stand by his side once the truth is out (maybe Terra, she seems similarly unhinged. I could also possibly see Kikimora adopt a “gently caress you, got mine” attitude if it means a perceived shot at glory, she kind of already does to be honest).

Kikimora being a demon instead of a witch might make her exempt from the drain.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I was under the impression that Hunter was needed as a spell component.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Cattail Prophet posted:

I wonder if Gus's voicework in the flashback at the start was leftover stuff that they had recorded from season 1, or if they had to do some shenanigans in post to get his voice back up to that register (or just had the VA force it for those couple lines I guess).

I didn't look at the credits, I just assumed they'd brought in someone else.

edit: also every appearance of Viney is a precious treasure

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Larryb posted:

(though I could also see King accepting his destiny and becoming the new guardian of the demon realm once all is said and done)

https://moringmark.tumblr.com/post/683419055396470784

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I was not really expecting Steve and King to have an entire Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance B-plot.

DrakePegasus posted:

”Maybe if we had time for 20 more adventures, but we don’t.” Oof.

Concur, oof. Dana backing up that dumptruck of salt already.

"I'm starting to think maybe... I wasn't good at my job?" for runner-up Oof.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Happy Landfill posted:

My god that kiss made me want to tear up. :ohdear:

And that twist at the end genuinely got me. The set up for it was so good having Luz whisper her plan to Gus, and then the thing with Amity's dad happening immediately after, you almost forget until the reveal happens. It's so good I don't even really have the words

I was surprised even though they showed "Luz" blatantly do Hunter's flash-step move to save Willow. I was all, "Wait, she doesn't have a power like that," and still didn't put it together before the reveal.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

All I really ask of this show is that the Clawthorne sisters get their mojo back so I can see Lily and Eda wreck faces as a team again.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Senerio posted:

An otter.

with a dark side

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Larryb posted:

Related, I’ve seen a few things online referring to Phillip’s brother as “Caleb”. Is this actually canon or just something fans came up with?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce9zEIee-Uo

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Larryb posted:

Apparently they had plans on going into more detail on the other covens (Healing for example) but that wound up being a casualty of Disney’s decision to slash the final season down. Given that little psychic gem she has I assume Odalia was part of the Oracle coven

She is. The other hint is that her usual blouse has a pattern of crystal balls on it.

Apparently "taking excerpts from chatroom convos and putting them over screenshots of TOH" is its own thing now, and I'm here for it:

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

And I still have no idea what the gently caress "based" means.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I'm sad that they won't have time for proper Human Realm Hijinks episodes, since it'd be an ideal opportunity for Amity to use her mean girl prowess on Luz' behalf.