Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

MonsieurChoc posted:

Let's talk about the principal's hair.

He looks like Nathan Explosion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Junpei Hyde posted:

Hootcifer x Lulu for life

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Eda also gets her human swag from big slugs that eat the stuff and wash up dead on the beach, there's probably a thriving human curios trade beyond Eda's stand.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Abomination Coven guy needs a spinoff show with Beast Coven thing.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

sliami posted:

keston john my beloved :3:
Glory be to Darius Prime.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Black rectangle, does not fit the holy trinity, heresy.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

They get apple blood juice boxes at Hexside, so clearly in Boiling Isles culture it's acceptable to get kids on the booze early.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I Am Fowl posted:

Hooty definitely leaves big rear end gross owl pellets all around, right?

Yeah it's how they get their mail.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Raine actually made a cameo back in season one when Eda is looking through her old pictures from when she was a kid, granted their face is covered but it's clearly them.

And Raine has been confirmed as nonbinary.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I find it weird that goons of all people are finding it hard to believe that a nice and likeable kid who happens to act weird and have a lot of energy with no satisfying output can be a friendless social pariah and branded a troublemaker by disinterested authorities.

I mean the "nice and likeable" part is beyond all goons' experience so.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Alador fights Darius' genie form with a giant Abomination mech.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

They have a basement?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Henker posted:

Is this the first time Hooty has been acknowledged as a demon?

He's been called a house demon but this episode is the closest we've gotten to an explanation of what that actually means.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I like Lilith's custom stationary and that she breaks it out to be pen pals with Hootsifer.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hunter explaining that he's digging his grave and then offering to help Amity dig hers is top-tier comedy.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Auz.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Lilith figured out Harpy Mode like two weeks ago and just never got around to telling Eda.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The only thing the Raven Beast asks of Lilith for Harpy Mode is to perch outside Witch Home Depot and fly at the customers as they walk out, scaring the poo poo out of them.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

jassa posted:

Though I guess palismen work there, so now I'm second guessing myself.

Palismen have their own personal magic reserves to draw on, it's why Owlbert and [LILITH'S PALISMAN] can still do stuff despite their witches being tapped out and is probably why Hunter can do regular magic now.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Needs to end on Hooty's offended expression.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

So this is what Amethyst is up to while Steven's off doing who the gently caress cares.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Amity respects Hooty's craftsmanship.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Cattail Prophet posted:

In retrospect it's kinda messed up that becoming a bestselling author apparently wasn't enough to get King's dad to reach out. Just one more reason to ignore that episode for the sake of broader continuity, I guess.

There's more than a few elements from season 1 that clearly weren't thought of with season 2 in mind.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Cattail Prophet posted:

Eda's grudgby jacket? Wonder what that's about.

It's like when Gohan starts wearing Piccolo's clothes.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Tell me about the balusters.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I WILL FOOL THE COVEN

I WILL KNOW THEIR GREATEST FEAR

I WILL KNOW YOUR GREATEST FEAR

WAKE UP LUZ

WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I like Kiki's Elden Ring-rear end dragon.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I dunno, Lilith appears to have found her best life as a semi-alcoholic aunt who lives with her parents after leaving the coven.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Technowolf posted:

4/9 "Reaching Out" - Amity wants to prove herself to her father, and Luz thinks she’s found the perfect way to do it: Underground Witch Duels.
Fight Club to make dad love me.

I Am Fowl posted:

I wonder if that's why Willow was working out in the latest episode.
Nah apparently Willow just works out every morning.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Cool Aunt Lilith.

Madurai posted:

I think at this stage the only question remaining, "was it Wittebane or his unnamed companion" has been drawn out long enough.

I think it's obvious that Phil is Belos and Hunter is a hosed up golem thing made in his dead brother's image.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Everyone posted:

Another interesting bit was the relative indifference/hostility the Hexside students had toward the Emperor's Coven. In season one the Emperor's Coven folks were rock stars/superheroes and now, not so much. I wonder how much of that is coming from Luz and Eda influencing attitudes at Hexside.

Well with Lilith gone the Emperor's primary representatives are the psychotic hobbit and Hunter, who's popular perception varies from "kind of a dickhead" to "massive dork." The mystique of the Emperor's Coven is just gone now.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hunter is a creepy flesh golem clone of Phil's brother.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The single funniest idea is that Belos spent the past 30 years secretly terrified of Lilith because he remembers her kicking the poo poo out of him.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Larryb posted:

Off the subject, I just recently found out that Eda is only in her mid to late forties (she went gray pretty quick honestly, I’m assuming it was stress related).

It's strongly implied to be curse-related because she was going gray when she broke up with Raine and that seems to be at least 10 years ago.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Rappaport posted:

Camila somehow stumbles onto the scene right as Luz is chatting with Harpy-Eda (Heda?), gets scared for Luz and charges in, A Hilarious Misunderstanding ensues, and is resolved when Hooty explains the power of loooooooove (hoot hoot!) to everybody.

Camila meets Hooty and immediately demands that Luz never return to the Boiling Isles.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Batric is an actual bat Edric found back in season 1, it's not a palisman.

I want to see more of Cool Aunt Lilith's palisman, it's weird we don't know what it's called (also it looks way rattier than Owlbert which is funny.)

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hooty's origin story, the first rated R Disney production.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

KennyMan666 posted:

Something I saw pointed out elsewhere: These two girls from the flashback very much appear to be Boscha's mothers.

The one on the left showed up in the flashback to Lilith and Eda's coven try-outs back in season 1.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Everyone posted:

Looks like I was wrong and we got answers on all those fronts. God, Belos/Phillip is such an rear end in a top hat. Poor Hunter and poor Luz feeling "about to cry" bad for Hunter. I loved that the shadowed figures were obviously Raine, Beast coven head and Darius.

Raine: So we're just going to move on from the "Me and Eda tried to kill you both in a desperate murder-suicide" thing.
Darius: .......wait, what?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Everyone on the Boiling Isles is some level of alcoholic because they get the kids hooked on apple blood early in school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

In the Beginning, there was only Hooty.

Larryb posted:

As an aside, it’s never come up since the first episode but apparently Eda can survive being literally decapitated (likely due to her curse since we have seen her detach other body parts since then)
Apparently being able to detach your body parts is part of the curse because Lilith can do it too.