Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
https://www.truehoop.com/p/bring-it-in-truehoop-coachspeak

Truehoop has a new podcast with David Thorpe and Ryan Pannone, the coach of the Birmingham Squadron, called coach speak. It's about x's and o's with the first episode eing about Pannone's approach to plays. Pretty good so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Rick posted:

Lmao

Okay my brain has just enough irony poisoning to want one of those, although where would I wear it?

strip club

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
https://twitter.com/PompeyOnSixers/status/1432785688982925323?s=20

well here we go

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Keep that wanker off my team

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Sixers fans now demanding the team keep Simmons

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Dallas needs a center that plays defense and a secondary ball handler for Luka. Sadly, Dallas would have nothing Philly wants.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Good way to drive down the 6ers dumbass asking price.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Athanatos posted:

Good way to drive down the 6ers dumbass asking price.

Morey really needs to update his Excel macros to take into account young socialite behavior when calculating value

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Take the Timberwolves crap platter. Take it.

But don't take the Golden State Crap Platter.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
here's the nut graf since it's behind a paywall

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Lockback posted:

But don't take the Golden State Crap Platter.
major agree

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

verbal enema posted:

Keep that wanker off my team

Kevin Love for Ben Simmons who says no?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Hield and Bagley and some picks is the right move don’t over think it Morey

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Glad the process failed

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Ben Simmons, come to my house (tiny condo). I'll let you be in charge of the remote and eat cookies before dinner.

Also Pistol Pete is Bill Clinton aka the first black player.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Metapod posted:

Glad the process failed

no remember it worked when they got fultz

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

How did anyone take the process seriously after the hinkie letter revealed that he is a giant schmuck.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

karmicknight posted:

Kevin Love for Ben Simmons who says no?

actually am ok with this

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

morestuff posted:

Sixers fans now demanding the team keep Simmons

I've been saying this!

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
The team will probably end up worse but I'm glad the issue is being forced and they'll hopefully be ending this at some point in the near future. Dejan knew all along.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The Sixers are a Nets injury and Embiid-Being-Able-To-Play-in-the-Fourth-Quarter-WIthout-Dragging-His-rear end away from the Finals so I kind of don't think their return has to be that great here, just some function and some picks to use as assets.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Waiting for Dame or Beal wasnt or isn’t the worst plan in the world but a good gamble doesn’t mean a guaranteed payoff

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Rick posted:

The Sixers are a Nets injury and Embiid-Being-Able-To-Play-in-the-Fourth-Quarter-WIthout-Dragging-His-rear end away from the Finals so I kind of don't think their return has to be that great here, just some function and some picks to use as assets.

Miami is going to be much better and despite his offensive problems (which were legit) Simmons was the only guy having success defensively against an Atlanta team which should probably be better. Also are you just assuming the Bucks are cooked or something?

They don't get a star back for Simmons they probably won't leave the first round.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
gently caress Bensimon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0B536JAzvg&t=1016s

Remember when they did this fake Ernie interview with Lebron about shaving his head. Hilarious

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1432797450474070022
Schrodinger's training camp

e: he corrected it

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Aug 31, 2021

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Rick posted:

Another poster who doesn't understand the bulls being BACK

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I'm back to being okay with Simmons and curry for McCollum and Covington

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/JDumasReports/status/1432801743297863680?s=20

:sickos:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I love this

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Man Memphis is a pretty cool city.

I might have to make my way down here for a Grizzlies game this season.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
So when does a team change it's name to the [City] Rich Pauls or [state] Klutch Sports

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Lockback posted:

Miami is going to be much better and despite his offensive problems (which were legit) Simmons was the only guy having success defensively against an Atlanta team which should probably be better. Also are you just assuming the Bucks are cooked or something?

They don't get a star back for Simmons they probably won't leave the first round.

I like Tobi + Embiid + all that depth over the Bucks and Miami. But it's personal preference not so much that I'm going to die on the hill.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Dexo posted:

Man Memphis is a pretty cool city.

I might have to make my way down here for a Grizzlies game this season.

Yeah it rules

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

karmicknight posted:

So when does a team change it's name to the [City] Rich Pauls or [state] Klutch Sports

Agents have always had absurd power in sports, and pull stuff ike this.

Rich Paul is just someone who has his name attached because of who he is.

Used to be Drew Rosehaus who was the agent Boogeyman especially in baseball, now it's Rich Paul.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I feel like the Sixers should be able to settle for a package built around a guy like Brogdon or VanVleet which would still leave em in a pretty solid place

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

VanVleet would be an awesome get for them

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

this is some bullshit.

shake-curry-korkmaz-harris-embiid LFG 😤

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

This news gets better all the time. I really hope Morey beep boop beeps his way into just not making a deal and having Philly fans tear into Simmons on his first home game

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Someone is pissy about a lawsuit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/JoelEmbiid/status/1432815051224850438?s=19