Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
My advice is just to get corona so you get some antibodies to protect you in case it mutates into something deadly. Worked for me. Now it's smooth sailing, there's literally nothing that can go wrong. Everything is perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Space jam 2 wasn't bad for a kids movie. I enjoyed the intial toon world sequence. The ip parade was pretty gruesome, hopefully we can break up these entertainment monopolies before too long.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Carlosologist posted:

https://twitter.com/unfilteredind/status/1417860818310422529?s=21

I appreciated this because it’s rare that the hot take artists get undressed in public for their stupidity

Truly. I've never seen that sort of clip for skip, stephen a, etc. The TNT guys would do it but you never see it for ESPN people

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
https://www.instagram.com/p/CRk46KDsHk4/
Shaq's lifelong quest to put Dwight Howard down has gone from laughable, to pathetic, to funny

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
The suns are young and have cap space, which means they can still threaten contention even if Chris Paul leaves. It's great to learn the finals shortcomings of your team before your core has aged out of their primes and everyone is making 40m a year.

Lebron is getting old, the warriors are done, the clippers are great but always teetering on a knife edge of injury luck. Denver is pretty much stuck with what they have. The suns can still add people and have time to draft players and have them develop.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
VIA Windhorst: Christian Wood was available and would have accepted an offer, but Team USA chose Javale.

Also part of Durant accepting meant that he had input on the team. Javale is friends with Durant and Draymond. Also made one of those "I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT KEVIN LOVE BEING PICKED FOR THE TEAM" things re Durant

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Veryslightlymad posted:

Why stop at Yugoslavia? Imagine a combined Balkans nations team. They'd blow the US out by 40.

Croatia is pretty bereft of top talent right now, Bojan Bogdanovic is their only NBA player. They have some youngsters coming up but no one in their prime. Montenegro has one guy, Bosnia doesn't have much past Nurkic (MV note, Luka Garza is only not on the Bosnian team because of draft prep) , it's basically all Serbia.
However then you get Slovenia and it's over. Serbo Slovenia team win

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Veryslightlymad posted:

I specified Balkans rather than Yugoslavia so that I could also squeeze in Greece.

If Greeks heard you call them a Balkan country you might wake up with a sheep's head in your bed, but yes, they'd be unbeatable.

PG: Luka
SG: BOJAN
SF: BOGDAN
PointForward:Giannis
C:Jokic

Aye yay yay

with plenty of bigs and enough guards to give anyone trouble

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Blue Labrador posted:

Daniel Theis has his contract up, right? If Holmes goes elsewhere, I think he'd be a solid, affordable pick up for the Kings, though I don't know if there's a lot of competition for Theis this offseason. I haven't read his name much at all, so I assume it's pretty plausible.

Last I've seen about it says he's in demand

quote:

On the latest episode of the HoopsHype Podcast, Scotto told Yossi Gozlan that he’s heard Theis is a starting-caliber player who will command above the mid-level exception this season.

From what I’m told, Theis is looking for the right balance of an opportunity to play, be on a winning team, and obviously have some respect shown through money. The value I’ve heard for him, expected value from talking about him with people around the league, he can command interest from teams above the mid-level in free agency thus far. Time will tell, ultimately, but this guy is a a starter and has got playoff experience, he can shoot the three if he has to, a leader in the locker room guy. He does all the intangibles for a team to win, we saw it in Boston when they were doing well, and it will be interesting to see his market, as well.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Burgerville is awesome, I’m horribly allergic to dairy like, cramps rashes abdominal dysfunction, but I would have one Burgerville berry shake per year, because it’s just that good good

[=“Strawberry Panda” post=“516456963”]
Whenever I remember Zoran Dragic played for the Heat in shocked because I do not think I watched a minute of him playing.
[/quote]

I don’t remember if this is real or something that I just imagined, but I feel like there was a stretch for the heat were So injured that zoran was getting a lot of playing time and he was actually decent for like two weeks. That was the highlight of his NBA career, being a zero minutes per game guy usually. Zach lowe may have even written about it at some point.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
https://towardsdatascience.com/which-nba-teams-are-best-at-drafting-20070ccd1702

This fellow attempted to quantify which teams have done well I would have done poorly in the draft over the last 12 years. Pretty good read

[quote="“Lockback”" post="“516460040”"]
I think it was literally one game at the end of the season:
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/dragizo01/gamelog/2015

But then he never played in the NBA again
[/quote]

I think you’re right, way to go, Zoran, way
to get that bone

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
The Timberwolves are losing Evan turners $28 million. It looks like they have a lot of Space, anyone know what they are likely to do, what would you like to see them do?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Lockback posted:

They really don't have much. 131 in guaranteed contracts oh a cap of 112 and a tax of 136. They probably won't do anything beyond minimum fill ins unless they make some trades, and I'm guessing they do some trades. They won't go into the tax unless it's a solid playoff team though.

I am really bad at reading sporTrac

Sucks to be capped up with such a bad team, but I guess we need to see what happens with potentially healthy Carl talents, D’Angelo, ant

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Spacebump posted:

I'm just trying to figure out why they went with JaVale over Christian Wood. I haven't watched a lot of Wood play and he could also be out of shape, but still feels weird. Trae Young also might have come in handy today for team USA. It didn't necessarily make sense for him to take one of the two spots that opened up but I would have liked to see it happen.

Shoes are always a factor. Windy alluded to the fact that after accepting a slot on the team Durant was given some degree of roster control, and love Is a buy out target for the nets, JaVale McGee is his friend

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
A lot of USA's loss to Greece is on Larry Brown refusing to play Lebron more, refusing to change the plays in response to the zone, and benching players when they tried to play differently. He's an all time loser.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Declan MacManus posted:

we already have a basketball robot and his name is kawhi leonard

One could say.. .these characterless AAU kids... these campers... these gamers... are our very own! "Basketball Robots" #TalkSoon

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Dexo posted:

Lmao in 4 years Mobley is going to be getting schooled by Wemby

Honestly the only things that could stop him at this point are injuries or getting a Klinefelter’s diagnosis

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

kingcobweb posted:

It should be against NBA rules to name your G-League team after something more powerful than your NBA team

https://bearriverblogger.com/a-squadron-of-pelicans/ it's one of those made up group terms for multiple pelicans

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Jonas is a low ceiling center, JJJ needs to move to center, he doesn’t get power forward privilege anymore, it’s time to make some high ceiling moves

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Calidus posted:

Who actually wants to take Bledsoe and his contract. He is one of 5 worse starting point guards? Is he salary filler for Memphis to make another trade?

He’s got that high three-point percentage, but as kibner will tell you he’s just a loving bum.

Can’t get to the basket because he’s afraid to jump. Can’t do anything when he’s inside the arc, not a smart passer, will not jump or move on de\ fence either, not a winning player.

That’s why the pelicans would be dropping down seven slots to part with him. If your team randomly slid from 10 to 17 in the lottery drawing you would be loving pissed off.
Historically 10 will have room bust wings who can become stars and big man who can turn into long time starters, 17 is more of a role player zone.

Remember when bledsoe was a defensive menace, all wingspan and athleticism? That's not him anymore
edited: iphone voice to text is shamelessly bad. It's like dragon YouTalkItTypes from 2005. Shamefully bad. I really am regretting leaving android, because my hands are too big for phone typing

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jul 27, 2021

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Shams Charania: Portland Trail Blazers forward Derrick Jones Jr. will pick up his $9.7 million player option for the 2021-22 season, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

a new study bible! posted:

Dallas panicking to get Luka happy

Seriously, Grim Anthony Davis in New Orleans times ahead for Dallas

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
A lot of guys aren’t who they are as established players until year 5 or 6

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

The spanish basketball team should be dqed from the olympics for trying to win by snitching. Snitching on a euro bball team drinking alcohol together. Pathetic

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

WhyteRyce posted:

If Kyle Kuzma were halloween candy, what candy would he be
Raisins! 🍇🌞🍭

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
They should put Woj in some type of hermetically sealed bubble and just let him frolic in there with his cellular phones, don’t bother going to him for a comment.

And like MV said the other day give Schmitz more TV time

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
If players didn't play passive aggressive emoji games there wouldn't be room for journalists to say a source said X or Y

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Hahahaa what the gently caress why are you doing this
don't do this

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
This is a really wild reaction to Lebron not wanting to be on ball all the time

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

But why

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Seems promising at least

Can Springer be a lead PG if Sixers trade Ben?

Honestly part of his fall. He’s a combo, Handles a little loose, passing isn’t that tight, just needs to learn more lead guard skills. I think he can, he’s still incredibly young

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Spacebump posted:

Is there anything specific that caused more Australians to be into basketball like Bogut’s career or did Australian player development just take a big leap in recent years?

Australian government has been pouring hundreds of millions of dollars into it

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I have a prediction, this crop of new young players is going to make the NBA better than ever ever

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

WhyteRyce posted:

You've said this before Zogo and honestly it's a lot of words that mean nothing and attempts to argue nothing in the context the lottery is fixed conspiracy discussions

Cuban is a libertarian shithead who was pitching a fit up and down about the NBA buying the Pelicans and also the NBA trading for Carl Landry when they were in the middle of the playoff hunt and I'm expected to believe that Cuban will have a Grinch Who Stole Christmas moment and do something completely against his previous actions so that *checks notes* the Pelicans can get Zion and save basketball in New Orleans.

I'll be out of town next weekend so I may not be around to read your reply

You only know Cuban's public persona. The NBA knows him as someone who's done tons of blackmail worthy things, with an organization that seemingly cannot stop sexually harassing any woman who walks past. They could lever him all sorts of ways if he didn't want to go along with a plot.

The NBA had a ref who was blatantly shaving points, players who called it out were fined. They're capable of lots of things. Lots of things are true, and many things are possible.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
With the Pistons waiving Co Jo among others, this team is insanely young. \
Jerami Grant has played 7 years
Jahlil Okafor has played 6 years
Wayne Ellington has played 12

(If he comes back) Rodney McGruder has played 5 years
Josh Jackson 4 years
Dennis Smith 4 years

I have no idea what the plan is for next year, but this team is going to be very young. I think there's more than just chasing Chet Holmgren, but in typical Troy Weaver style, I have no idea what.

If they waive McGruder, they have 22m in cap space. I'm not sure how much of that is left after signing all the picks. Mysterious

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Aug 1, 2021

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Bill simmons and kevin oconnor were complaining about the grizzlies recent trade and draft moves, on the latest Bill Simmons podcast.

I don’t think I’ve gotten the impression that most grizzlies fans dislike what happened. They might be a solid eight seat now but they need real NBA wings to have a future past that, and that’s what they tried to get

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

MourningView posted:

I don't really get trading up all the way up into the first to get Aldama and JV to Adams is a pretty big downgrade to me, but maybe there's a cap reason for that or something idk

I think draft twitter liked Ziaire more than the mainstream so kinda but no if they did their normal thing they would have stayed put and taken Springer.
And cosmis is the only draft twitter person I know who had aldama even close to where they had him, I think everyone generally was confused by that..

Fair enough, they probably did want Giddey and lost out, but you can tell the aim is to get better on the wing. I think Adams is better than JV.

I guess it comes down to the trouble with hitting it out of the park in the draft when your roster isn't a blank slate anymore. Once you have needs you can't just ignore it's harder to get 100% value without doubling or tripling on archetypes/roles in a way that makes sure one guy will lose out, which has ripple effects

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

xbilkis posted:

Dwight was useless in the Hawks series, I dunno why a Sixers fan would be torn up about him leaving

Not to put words in anyone's mouth, but they've suffered defensively when Embiid sits/misses long stretches due to injury, and he's always going to miss long stretches. There's a whole regular season you have to get through before the playoffs.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Red Rox posted:

Seems like Serge picked up his player option, which makes sense. Would prob not have done that if Kawhi was leaving?

As far as anyone knows, Kawhi is probably doing the lebron thing of signing 1+1's from now on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I am really sorry for saying that Josh Richardson would be good. He is a Miami Heat illusion. I don’t know how they loving do it over there, well I have some suspicions