Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Eifert Posting posted:

We're about to get into camp and I want to know how you see your team BEFORE your favorite player blows his Achilles day one of camp. You can go into as much or as little detail as you like, but what I personally find the most interesting is:
  • Where do you see your team finishing?
  • Who should non-fans pay attention to?
  • What does the team have to fix or change to hit their ceiling?

Since I'm me I wrote a page and a half, but you shouldn't feel the need to keep to this format at all. I just wanna know where you're at.

Ladies and Gentlemen, your 2021 Philadelphia Eagles!

What looks promising:

I have no idea. :shrug:

I haven't been this pessimistic about the Iggles in a long time. It's possible that the WR corps isn't bad? I don't know how to divorce their play from the 2020 Carson Wentz poo poo show. Reagor and Devonta Smith are theoretically the highlights here, while Fulgham was impressive going deep last year but it remains to be seen if he was fluke. I suspect he's going to be like Greg Ward in the sense that they're both players you want on your roster but not as the WR1 or 2. Depthwise there's no way to know what guys like last year's late-round picks Hightower, Watkins are really like. JJAW was complete rear end and hopefully gets cut soon.

The RB room has a lot of names with Sanders, Jordan Howard and Kerryon but there's a reason those last two are not still with their original teams. Boston Scott is great as a change-of-pace guy and spot starter. it sound like the team thinks so too because word is that they're not going to lean on Sanders quite as much this year, and also drafted Phillip Gainwell in the 5th as a passing down back. If he produces and Howard and Johnson aren't poo poo/injured this could be a good RB stable.

Dallas Goedert. I hate him because of his stupid name but he's looked more than adequate.

This is not the worst offensive line in the world provided everyone can stay healthy.

What looks ominous:

This is not an impressive QB list to say the least. I really wants Hurts to be good but he doesn't have massive arm strength and doesn't even seem all that accurate. He's got wheels but seems like one of those guys who's done as soon as there a little more tape on him. Possibly even already. Flacco is now in the decent basement level backup QB tier. Nick Mullens is fine as a 3rd-stringer who could play alright for a game or two but you really don't want to find out.

We still don't have any DBs outside of Slay and he didn't seem to improve the backfield much, if at all.

Ertz is probably leaving... but might be kinda done anyway?

Who the gently caress is Nick Sirianni? Okay, I guess hire someone else further along the Andy Reid coaching tree since that worked out for you in the past but you just fired the coach who won you your first SB so :shrug:. This reeks of management getting a young, first-time coach who can be kept in check,

Keys to the season:

Don't gently caress up too bad. The division is still wide open because everyone else is wallowing in the same trash can. Just see what the rookies/young guys can do. That may be tough still because we may still not have a competent QB on the roster.

Guys to watch:

Devonta Smith would blow away in a light breeze and I'm worried he will be broken in half. He has a physique that can only be achieved by strapping Gumby to a torture rack.
This'll presumably be Jalen Hurts team to lose at the start of the season.
It's time to figure out if Andre Dillard can be a full time starter at LT or if the Jordan Mailata project has borne any fruit.
I really hope Travis Fulgham turns out to be legit. It's nice when late-round dudes work out. :)

Realistic best case scenario:

Something like 9-8 8-9 and winning the division.

Realistic worst case scenario:

4-13 and at the bottom of the barrel again. Switch best/worst case around if you'd rather play for draft picks.

My prediction:

6-11 and a 2nd place finish in the NFCE.

Accolades

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU