Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

:kiss:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Magnificent.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
The end! No moral!

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
So we get the Bowie song in the credits right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU9-gTkYjVg

It's not bad, but it sounds like something he could knock out on a weekend. I wonder if they even asked if he wanted to see the movie first?

"It's called Cool World? Got it. See you monday."

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

what will i use to fill the hole in my life now that cool world is over,,

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
lol pencil dick is literally the last line. loving shakespeare

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013
that world was pretty cool

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
What a ride! Thanks, OP!

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
So vegas vinnie was doctor baby?

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
vegas vinnie was the way we made along the friends

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

OP, you let me know when you're done soaking up all these accolades and I'll send this masterpiece to the goldmine.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

This guerrilla marketing campaign for Cool World 2: Cool Worlder is weird, but I’m here for it.

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

credits

ralph bakshi is a horny mountain troll who became lost as a child and was adopted by new york city. his works are best known for tits, rear end, sex, drugs, jazz, wildly unsatisfying female characters, and poignant meditations on the jewish-american experience. cool world was his last feature-length animated film. he currently lives in the desert and is happily married to a noid.

frank mancuso jr. is the son of frank mancuso sr., who was the president of paramount studios during the production of cool world. bakshi's original script was a straightforward autobiographical piece about a noid who fucks a doodle and is hunted down by his murderous half-noid half-doodle offspring, described as "dark horror". acting at first without bakshi's knowledge, frank mancuso jr. removed the darker elements of the script and had it rewritten multiple times during production to orient it more toward family-friendly slapstick. at one point, bakshi punched him in the face.

kim basinger is a beloved american actress who was a sex symbol during the 70s and 80s. in the early 1990s she was famous for buying a small town. basinger was misled as to the tone and content of cool world, which she believed to be a light-hearted cartoon romp for small children. she participated heavily in the rewriting of the script, trying to get it closer to what she wanted: a movie she could show to sick children when she visited them in hospital.

brad pitt has been described as the most beautiful man in america. in 1992 he was just getting started; thelma and louise in 1991 got him noticed, and it is possible he thought cool world was going to be his big breakout role. this is why in some of the live-action segments he's full of enthusiasm and emoting like a madman, but in others it's clear that reality has dawned upon him. wikipedia politely states that cool world "did not further his career".

gabriel byrne has not been included in these credits, out of respect.

ian miller did the hyper-detailed eldritch background artwork seen throughout the film. he is a famous fantasy illustrator who worked with bakshi for decades. his portfolio can be found here.

barry e. jackson did the screaming cool world cityscapes. he is a famous production designer who also worked with bakshi for decades. his portfolio can be found here.

louise zingarelli (dec.) was responsible for the storyboards, which dictate the layout of every individual frame of animation. she also worked with bakshi for decades. zingarelli's work miraculously ensured that even though the film is artistically a mess, somehow - against all the odds - it remains visually coherent throughout. she also designed nails, who was clearly the animators' favourite character. more about zingarelli's valiant battle to save cool world can be read here.

goodbye

mahershalalhashbaz fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Nov 3, 2021

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010
Goodbye cool world

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
So jennifer was in the movie why?

also I looked at Gabriel Byrne's wiki page and lol, i guess hes not known for Cool World

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I don’t think this movie was very good y’all

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns
Gabriel Byrne is really good in In Treatment. However, Gabriel Byrne merely is really in Cool World.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Pictured: me ATM:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
This thread is the absolute only way to enjoy Cool Word. Thanks OP.

Pulchritudinous
May 19, 2005
It means "to reduce by one-tenth."

the coolest world was the friends we made along the way

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug
Amazing thread. Much cooler than the cool world.

Thank you, this was truly a surreal experience.

mahershalalhashbaz posted:

kim basinger is a beloved american actress who was a sex symbol during the 70s and 80s. in the early 1990s she was famous for buying a small town. basinger was misled as to the tone and content of cool world, which she believed to be a light-hearted cartoon romp for small children. she participated heavily in the rewriting of the script, trying to get it closer to what she wanted: a movie she could show to sick children when she visited them in hospital.
I really want to know if Kim Basinger ever tried showing Cool World to children in the hospital.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Goodbye, Cool World
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye

Goodbye, all you doodles
I hope Bakshi chokes on a diaper
Try to chaaaaange my mind
Goodb-

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
What a cool world it was after all.

Jack really did get completely overwritten by the noid transformation. Nothing was lost.

END CHEMTRAILS NOW posted:

I really want to know if Kim Basinger ever tried showing Cool World to children in the hospital.

Thanks, mahershalalhashbaz. You did a great thing here!

e:

I Greyhound fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Nov 3, 2021

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

I have extremely vague memories of seeing this in the theater and thinking it made more sense, if only a little, but now I wonder if the speed of the movie (and dullness) causes someone to fill in a lot of blanks in order to make sense of it, versus reading the play by play.

Like, I remember it being bad and boring (even for a kid in high school) but not so deeply incoherent.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

mahershalalhashbaz posted:

bakshi's original script was a straightforward autobiographical piece about a noid who fucks a doodle and is hunted down by his murderous half-noid half-doodle offspring, described as "dark horror".

haha, this is like bakshi's id made manifest on the page. i want this version of the film so bad

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013

Get away Mac!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqUL_XjGPvs

Too late...

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Thank you, OP.
This is the most I've ever enjoyed this hell ride.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

goodbye the cool world. i hope i never see you in motion picture format.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Good luck!
Thanks op. That was really something.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Wow, that sure is a movie. I wonder if the animators drawing the grotesque and crazy toons were jealous of the guys drawing Holly, or vice versa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003
:smug: Good morning, you're all just pretending to need this "medicine" because you're drug addicts.

:angel: Good evening, directed pharmaceutical use of amphetamines obviously enriches the lives of many itt and I just woul
rip to a real one