Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Casnorf posted:

I sold one without a manual for $500 not too long ago and that one looks enough like the one I sold that, whoo, wouldn't that be a small world. Just woulda been super odd.

drat!

No I would never pay that much for a game because I am not a crazy person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Anyone got any recommendations for PS3 Move games? Any of the Lightgun ones good?

I've got a couple of Moves for PSVR, and was curious if it's worth picking up a Navigation Controller and Eye camera to try some of the old PS3 games that support it.

Raylax
Jul 21, 2021

Tshshshshshshshsh

Quantum of Phallus posted:

i keep meaning to play the og Dark Souls 2 on PS3, i never played that version so i'm only Scholared

I actually prefer the original over Scholar, I find the some of the difficulty in Scholar a bit over-the-top and artificial at points (but then I'm pretty bad at these games). Play it on Steam though if you can, the PS3 version is pretty rough on the ol' framerate

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
MOTORSTORM.

the series that most desperately needs to be brought back by Sony. Kick rear end arcade racing that really straddled that line between needing to manage your speed and racing lines without being too annoyingly fiddly. I still need to play Apocolypse, seemed a little unnecessarily XTREME but Pacific Rift is a top five racing game of all time

SSX

basically the same except snowboarding

my remaining PS3 games - mostly stuff that's not available anywhere else at this point - I think it's a pretty good set of games

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I never had a PS3 during its own lifetime. I got a Xbox 360 back in December 2007 as a friend had one and we played Gears of War. I didn't have a console since the SNES so I was completely disconnected with them (besides a launch GBA and a PSP1000 and PSP2000). I choose the Xbox 360 because I had a couple of coworkers I wanted to play Gears of War with, ended getting CoD4 aswell and I joined SA in time to join the MW2 goon squad to terrorize pubbies. Never had a beef or was a console fanboy and I could have gotten a PS3 but I've been a main PC user up until the PS4 Slim (2016) that got me hooked properly to console gaming.

This is my PS3 (launch backwards compatible):

I got it last year (on september) from a good friend and coworker that had it, fortunately, stored in a box and barely used. He just plugged it once or twice a year at his parent's when he visited them. He gave me the console and one DS3.

I had Demon's Souls (digital) from a sale years ago as I could play sometimes on a friend's PS3 and got one of the last PS3 sales making it 4.99€ and is the only game installed right now on it's 60gb drive. I started getting some used games last christmas and have a bunch I want to get for both collectors and curiosity. I want to get Haze, Wolfenstein 09 (I already beat it on PC) and a few others. I may go and try get CoD4 MW to complete the collection (I own them on my Xbox360). I want to get a bunch more games and of course, have a spare 250gb SSD HDD laying around unused from my PC and even if it doesn't really benefit I may go plug it or get a bigger spinny one. I'm wondering if it's worth going the "modding" route with it, if it lets me just install the whole disc and ignore the drive.

I'm open for suggestions and may try get some PS2/PS1 games aswell since this can play anything.

And yes QoP, that is TNA Impact! that I bought on release for my 360 and had to get it again on PS3. SEÑIOR JOE, THE NUMBERS DON'T LIE!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

grassy gnoll posted:

Resistance was better than people give it credit for. It's still an Insomniac game, so the weapons are interesting and the moment-to-moment shooting gameplay is still solid. The health system, with four smaller regenerating segments rather than a whole regenerating health bar, makes for tense but survivable fights.

Sure was brown as gently caress, though.

You could play the entire story game split-screen co-op, and I highly recommend it on Hard. A fun as hell experience, and the absence of story co-op is one of the main reasons I passed on Resistance 2. Resistance 3 had it again and was good, but it was a more focused sad dad cinematic experience.

R1 is still the king of brown games.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

BisterdDave posted:

Bionic Commando?

Vikar Jerome posted:

I assumed it was the remake of the nes game with the killer soundtrack

not Re-Armed, the reboot by Grin. It's actually my favorite PS3 game next to Warhawk (which I never owned physically).

Great music, incredible and immense level design, over the top funny rear end story, and the best skill-based swinging of all time. That said, people trashed it so hard at the time that the studio had to close. :( I wish this game had a PS4 port, I played through on every single difficulty level.

The [punch a car into the air] + [kick car at person] mechanic is still ingrained in me as one of the single most satisfying gamefeel mechanics of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBvszCs8jjc

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

not Re-Armed, the reboot by Grin. It's actually my favorite PS3 game next to Warhawk (which I never owned physically).

Just as you posted this, I was getting a copy (trusted seller and in great condition) off ebay. I beat that game on PC years ago and loved it. :dance:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Guillermus posted:

Just as you posted this, I was getting a copy (trusted seller and in great condition) off ebay. I beat that game on PC years ago and loved it. :dance:

I do believe it also has the most uncomfortably satisfying title menu screen I've ever come across.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
The multiplayer on that was also surprisingly fun. Very simple, arcade-y death match, but the awesome swing mechanics and dropkicking people off buildings made for some good fun. Usually matches would be trying to drop kick each other off of buildings and then trying to swing back up to drop kick someone else.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I do believe it also has the most uncomfortably satisfying title menu screen I've ever come across.

Talk about being lucky. The seller had Killzone 1 (PS2 for 9.90€) in amazing condition, Battlefield 3 (3.4€), Haze (6€) and the already mentioned Bionic Commando (6.54€). That's a great haul and I hope everything arrives well. I'll post a pic of my complete order!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Anyone got any recommendations for PS3 Move games? Any of the Lightgun ones good?

I've got a couple of Moves for PSVR, and was curious if it's worth picking up a Navigation Controller and Eye camera to try some of the old PS3 games that support it.

Tumble is cool, Dead Space light gun game and RE light gun games are good too. The Shoot is ok.

Sports Champions 1 and 2 are passable Wii Sports type stuff

Oh and of course Heavy Rain

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NH1iIL4Q3o

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the wii?????!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
we need chad back for ps5 commentary.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

To be honest if I was looking for a dildo I think a Move would be way better than a Wiimote

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Hal Insandenza posted:

To be honest if I was looking for a dildo I think a Move would be way better than a Wiimote

dildo not buttplug op

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The siren call of Alone in the Dark Inferno or whatever this weird game is called was too much. I’m back at it tonight! I think I nearly finished the first chapter so I’ll have to figure out how to play this whacko game again

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

dildo not buttplug op

drat maybe we are going to threademies in the PS3 thread too

I was in a local Play It Again Sports this morning looking to see if anyone had found my disc golf disc I threw in a lake (as well as turning in the 18 other discs I found when I was trying to find mine), and when I was looking through the bins there were a bunch where someone had written the name "dildo baggins" on the bottom which made me chuckle and this seems like an appropriate time to share that story

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Hal Insandenza posted:

drat maybe we are going to threademies in the PS3 thread too

:swoon: oh hell yes :swoon:

slagmatic
Apr 28, 2004

glowy melty swirling things!
Surprised no one brought up Warhawk yet, got really into this game and have always been hoping for a revival of the franchise. Very doubtful we'll see it in the BR era but you never know.

I've tried the Battlefield / front games as a substitute but something is just missing (aside from local split screen, 4 local players was a blast).

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Who still has their PS3 Netflix disc? The concept of having to pop a disc in, so that the app would open, was hilarious to me at the time.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Just ordered one of these from a goon and I’m excited to be able to play all the metal gear games again. I’m mostly a Nintendo gamer with occasional Xbox and PC thrown in so I’m also excited about stuff I’ve missed.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jul 24, 2021

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

Just ordered one of these from a goon and I’m excited to be able to play all the metal gear games again. I’m mostly a Nintendo gamer with occasional Xbox and PC thrown in so I’m also excited about stuff I’ve missed.

Niiice. You can play every main Metal Gear game on it!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Yup. I feel like 4 won’t ever be ported so that’s a big part of why I got it. 4 owns and I don’t care what anyone says.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
its insane how the ps3 is basically the metal gear machine (for now, the leaks are true i tell ya!). every main story game even the msx games are on there lmao. i dont think i'd play V on there tho but then again, i popped GZ in on a lark and its not too bad.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

GZ was the last game I played on my PS3 before getting a PS4. Looks great on PS3, that FoxEngine was amazing. What a waste!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Konami has awesome IPs that are pretty much dead now. They even made their last one a F2P game, Pro Evolution Soccer is no more. Now it'll be eFootball (without the PES) F2P and you'll have to pay for game modes.

At least if the Master League mode is cheap and they keep updating the game through the years being a F2P it may be worth playing for that bit.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

..actually pretty much all of them except POOPS, Survive and Ghost Babel, huh?

Oh, both AC!D games, gently caress right. Those rule.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

kirbysuperstar posted:

..actually pretty much all of them except POOPS, Survive and Ghost Babel, huh?

Oh, both AC!D games, gently caress right. Those rule.

all the canon kojima games on ps3 :colbert:

you can buy POOS and POOS+ on a ps3 however.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Vikar Jerome posted:

all the canon kojima games on ps3 :colbert:

you can buy POOS and POOS+ on a ps3 however.

hmm..yes..

Gabby_Jay
Dec 14, 2000

Gör som vi
Till denna melodi
Don't forget the ps3 exclusive MGS Database app.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

If I wanted to get the physical releases of the MGS series on PS3 (probably expensive nowadays), wich releases should I look for? Getting a cheap PS3 copy of MGSV is easy already but, what about the others?

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Sorry, I'm only interested in consoles that can play the best* Metal Gear game, Snake's Revenge

*the only one I had as a kid

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Guillermus posted:

If I wanted to get the physical releases of the MGS series on PS3 (probably expensive nowadays), wich releases should I look for? Getting a cheap PS3 copy of MGSV is easy already but, what about the others?

The MGS Legacy Collection.
If you can find a new, sealed copy it comes with codes for PS1 MGS and MGS:VR. Everything else is included on the discs. MG1 and MG2 are part of MGS3 if I recall correctly.

Edit: looks like you can get supposedly new and sealed for $30 on ebay

dog nougat fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jul 24, 2021

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

dog nougat posted:

The MGS Legacy Collection.
If you can find a new, sealed copy it comes with codes for PS1 MGS and MGS:VR. Everything else is included on the discs. MG1 and MG2 are part of MGS3 if I recall correctly.

Edit: looks like you can get supposedly new and sealed for $30 on ebay

39.90€ the cheapest sealed off Ebay. Not bad considering how rare it should be at this point.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

That’s a lot of game for €40

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

pal version is expensive for some reason

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

That’s a lot of game for €40

I've only ever played a bit of MGS1 (ps1 emulation) and a bit of MGSV so I basically know nothing about the series. I'm not a fan of stealth games (cept Dishonored) so even if that's a lot of game, 40€ is quite a lot too for a bunch of games that I don't know if I'll ever play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Guillermus posted:

I've only ever played a bit of MGS1 (ps1 emulation) and a bit of MGSV so I basically know nothing about the series. I'm not a fan of stealth games (cept Dishonored) so even if that's a lot of game, 40€ is quite a lot too for a bunch of games that I don't know if I'll ever play.

CEX have MGS4 for €5, deffo worth that 👀👀👀👀
https://es.webuy.com/product-detail...of-the-patriots