Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

hexwren posted:

Just got done watching it - surprised Hakuho didn't pop up in it after all the noise made about him wanting to represent Japan somehow in the games before he retired, but perhaps those were all rumors. Or he'll make it into the closing ceremony.

Hiromi Uehara is a beast on piano and I absolutely recommend snagging one of her albums - the live one she cut with Chick Corea was fantastic, but my personal favorite is probably Brain (2004)

per the NYT, the piece she was going off on was this, which I hadn't heard previously:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9M0lIAIMOM

I had no idea that the pictograms originally came from the `64 games, that was a cool thing to learn

my 9 year old hasn't stopped listening to Hiromi since the ceremony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU