Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Lid posted:

the womens 49kg is meant to have started and i cant find it anywhere

I can't either and I have access to like 8 channels showing various events. It's only the B group so maybe they're not televising it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Mine just started too.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Coasterphreak posted:

I'm using the NBC app on a fire stick

7 network here in Aus has a bunch for free. Just need an email and a postcode to sign up if you have a VPN. 7plus.com.au

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

dex_sda posted:

What a fight on that squat jerk wow

Gutsy effort. You love to see it.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Kestral posted:

There seems to be no audio on Women's 49kg Group B - this isn't just me, is it?

I just had the lifters and live audio - no commentary too. I assume they'll have the full for the medals later.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

My feed is telling me the finals won't start for another 20 mins?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

who's the favourite in this one?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Yeah nina, good comeback!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

WE HAVE CONTROVERSEY

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Gonna take something special for the american lady to win rom here. Insane opening from the Chinese lady. Didn't look in doubt for a second.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

The Chinese lady basically power snatched she's insane

Absolutely crazy.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

This nina chick seems just a little under done for this meet. Probably slay out for years to come. Good experience for her anyway.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

drat lets go Indonesia

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

gently caress yeah, indonesian lady. Thats awesome.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The indian lady smashing all the records to snatch the gold would be amazing.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

drat that was fun as hell.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Kestral posted:

Aw, no commentary on Men's 61kg? Too bad, last night's commentary was great. Hopefully they bring it back for the 67kg later tonight.

They'll have it for the finals only IIRC

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

These lads are getting close to my shameful squat PB in the snatch and I weigh 80kg

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Awww let's go!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Chinese lifter hasn't even started his warm up lol.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

dex_sda posted:

The Italian looks like he's built from kinects and would get dominated by the girl lifters from yesterday but he just snatched 127 wtf

Yeah hes super young and a little under developed physically.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Indonesia might make a fight of this

Also Fabin looks insanely juicy.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

No belt for the Georgian dude doing a squat drop seems crazy

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

gently caress yeah igor

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

drat. Poor Saudi dude. I thought he had that. Slow down signal from my amateur eye

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

dex_sda posted:

he kept walking with it. I would white light that but I can see why they thought he didn't demonstrate control over the bar. it's far better than many of the pressout calls this session.

Makes sense.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Oooo exciting

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Zhihui Hou has been asked to remain in Tokyo by the anti doping officials. Not a good sign.

I missed the finals last night but will rewatch today.

I'll be home in time from work to watch the 55 women's finals this afternoon so I'm pumped for that!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Awww yesss made it home in time. Good competition so far.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I said no good live when I saw the waver. I think they'll overturn this.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Unlucky but didn't look to be a struggle

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

French chick just powers through. Impressive drive for someone not exactly the right build for oly lifting.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The lifter from Turkmenistan has been amazing so far.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Huge effort from Mikiko

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Hahaha Kuo just wins gold with what looks like a warm up.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

gently caress yeah Kuo. Get this!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

B group still fun to watch. Has anyone ever jagged a medal with a bad set of circumstances from the B group or is that not possible?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

80k posted:

Happened this year… 73kg men’s.

oh poo poo, i musta missed that.

HUGE lift from the refugee team bloke there.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

dex_sda posted:

I don't know if I'd call intentionally stating a weak total a bad set of circumstances; some lifters do that so they can lift at their own pace and do numbers they know they can with less nerves. That's what the 73kg lifter did, knowing there would likely be a fierce battle that would make him have to rest unpredictable times.

My assumption was that a weaker lifter would sneak in if a set of lifters bombed out due to strategy etc. I didn't consider the strategy behind stating a low total then blowing it away under less pressure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

dex_sda posted:

It has happened before (I think world's in like 2013 or something), but session B of lifters who legit belong in session B is generally a session of athletes who are outlifted by warmups of 8 people. It has to be a very tight pack, and that requires a setting like World championships where everyone's present and flying.

Makes sense

awwww yessss here we go! good to be back