Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

KoB posted:

New Gundam Musou also killed that series :thunk:

It was all downhill after the first one anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Midjack posted:

Counterpoint: I really want to dismantle armies of mooks with the Barbatos' wrench mace.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
You know with licensed Musou games focusing less on being massive crossovers (Hyrule Warriors, Fire Emblem Warriors) and more on being spinoffs of a single entry (P5 Strikers, Age of Calamity, FE Three Hopes) it makes me wonder if a hypothetical new entry for Gundam Musou would do something similar. Like, what if we got a Musou game that was strictly OYW, or maybe Gryps + Neo Zeon.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Alacron posted:

You know with licensed Musou games focusing less on being massive crossovers (Hyrule Warriors, Fire Emblem Warriors) and more on being spinoffs of a single entry (P5 Strikers, Age of Calamity, FE Three Hopes) it makes me wonder if a hypothetical new entry for Gundam Musou would do something similar. Like, what if we got a Musou game that was strictly OYW, or maybe Gryps + Neo Zeon.

Calamity War would fit with the whole "One setting, story that's implied but not shown" thing that the last couple licensed Warriors games had. Of course, it requires introducing more designs for the 61 unseen Gundam (and calamity war era forms for some of the ones we have seen.)

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Warmachine posted:

They should use "Nu" instead. And also localize a Gihren's Greed game already.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Alacron posted:

Make it one of the previous Gundam World Tournaments of G Gundam.

Or use Build Fighters as an excuse to showcase a little of everything, without being tied to an old story.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Warmachine posted:

They should use "Nu" instead. And also localize a Gihren's Greed game already.

Wasn't the last game on the PSP

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Hunter Noventa posted:

use Build Fighters as an excuse to showcase a little of everything, without being tied to an old story.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Hunter Noventa posted:

Or use Build Fighters as an excuse to showcase a little of everything, without being tied to an old story.

How would you even utilize Build Fighters? The whole point of the show is that none of the characters are in a war, and that it's all a competition where there's no threat of life.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Midjack posted:

Master Asia chastising Domon for being too dumb to consider simply punching the planet out of Earth's way or whatever was pretty fun

Those games knew what they were lol

KoB
May 1, 2009

Willo567 posted:

How would you even utilize Build Fighters? The whole point of the show is that none of the characters are in a war, and that it's all a competition where there's no threat of life.

you dont need threat of death to have a good show, Build Fighters was great.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
That sounds like something that would make them being around more interesting rather than disqualify them.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

The real problem with making a Gundam Musou themed around Build Fighters is that's practically just Omega Force making a Gundam Breaker.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Willo567 posted:

Uh, go to the Gundam museum and insert your figure into the war simulation. DUH

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmRW8AMGxCs (Alpha Gaiden. Man those sprites hold up)

https://twitter.com/tac0520/status/1537778737907118080?t=hkzrW97UtI_o-n8c5BqgCw&s=19

:getin:

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

1st Stage Midboss posted:

The real problem with making a Gundam Musou themed around Build Fighters is that's practically just Omega Force making a Gundam Breaker.

Oh we were talking about as a Gundam Musou? I thought you all were talking about putting Build Fighters in a mainline SRW game

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Willo567 posted:

Willo567 posted:

Oh we were talking about as a Gundam Musou? I thought you all were talking about putting Build Fighters in a mainline SRW game

no idea how you'd do it with Build Fighters but Build Divers probably wouldn't be too hard thanks to Re:Rise, in fact another goon(I forget who and am too lazy to check at the moment) came up with an idea involving Re:Rise that I've been tinkering and altering with for a while now, here's it's current form;

1. Mazinger USA*
2. Mazinger Z Infinity
3. Mazinkaiser SKL
4. Moderoid Mazinkaiser Kits*^
5. Getter Robo Devolution
6. Gundam Build Divers*
7. Gundam Build Divers: Re:Rise*
8. SSSS.Gridman
9. SSSS.Dynazenon*
10. Digimon Xros Wars(Manga)*
11. Magic Knight Rayearth
12. The Big O
13. Overman King Gainer
14. Eureka Seven
15. Gaiking: Legend of Daikyu-Maryu
16. NG Knight Ramune & 40
17. Godzilla: Singular Point*
18. Kikai Sentai Zenkaiger
19. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
20. Blue Gale Xabungle
21. Dragon's Heaven*
22. Diebuster

*Series Debut
^Units Only

the rough idea being there's the Real World(Mazinger Infinity, Zenkaiger, Godzilla SP, the real world portions of Devolution & both Build Divers series, and the home world for anyone from any of the other series who got "Isekai'd" from a seemingly normal version of Japan), several Simulated Worlds(the simulation portions of Devolution, both GBN and Eldora from Build Divers, and basically every other series on the list that wasn't listed under the Real World section or Digimon), and the Digital World(Digimon Xros Wars), with the Simulated Worlds seemingly created by the Real World from their attempts to create a controllable Getter Emperor(though the truth is a lot more complicated) which also ends up bridging a connection once more between those worlds and the Digital World, and from there things get messy in the usual SRW fashion

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
They already did the "the robots are being controlled from another universe" angle with Virtual-On, I see no reason they couldn't do that for Build Fighters. Hell, maybe they could even cut a deal with Nintendo and get Custom Robo in the mix.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Willo567 posted:

Wasn't the last game on the PSP

Vita and PS3.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol I didn't know Virtual On made it into srw when did that happen?

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Alpha 3 and K, where they were definitely kind of weird but maybe in the way you're into.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

EclecticTastes posted:

They already did the "the robots are being controlled from another universe" angle with Virtual-On, I see no reason they couldn't do that for Build Fighters. Hell, maybe they could even cut a deal with Nintendo and get Custom Robo in the mix.

That's exactly why Re:Rise would work the best as it already has all the stuff it needs to work in SRW baked in, though it would probably work best being the only Gundam series(besides the original Build Divers) included on the roster, would be a bit too weird and meta to have them sharing a game with a more standard Gundam series

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I'd love to see more 'actual sentient robots chilling with the mightgaine/brave police/ggg crew stuff ngl

love me some sentient robots.

unless they have pupils, getter you're scary.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Kitfox88 posted:

I'd love to see more 'actual sentient robots chilling with the mightgaine/brave police/ggg crew stuff ngl

Braves and 86 would make a really weird combo.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

drrockso20 posted:

That's exactly why Re:Rise would work the best as it already has all the stuff it needs to work in SRW baked in, though it would probably work best being the only Gundam series(besides the original Build Divers) included on the roster, would be a bit too weird and meta to have them sharing a game with a more standard Gundam series

Would be funny to have the Build crew be creepily knowledgeable about everything that happens to the actual Gundam people.

Like have a route split for Zeta's second Earth arc, then have someone come to Kamille and offer their condolences for Four the second he gets back.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Kitfox88 posted:

Counterargument: Buster Machine 7 has pupils.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!

chiasaur11 posted:

Counterargument: Buster Machine 7 has pupils.

Yes but she's more of an android than a robot visually.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

You all keep forgetting Iron Leaguer and that is unacceptable

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Go-Saurer has pupils.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Gundam Breaker 3 Platinum done. By the end I really wished there was more mission variety. I think more open-world style maps would be cool. Or even shifting objectives like the Musou series has. All in all it was super fun and the customization was exactly what I was looking for. If I've played 3 is there any reason to try out 1 or 2? Or does 3 just improve on them on all levels?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Levantine posted:

Gundam Breaker 3 Platinum done. By the end I really wished there was more mission variety. I think more open-world style maps would be cool. Or even shifting objectives like the Musou series has. All in all it was super fun and the customization was exactly what I was looking for. If I've played 3 is there any reason to try out 1 or 2? Or does 3 just improve on them on all levels?

Some people like the earlier story modes more but to be honest no. 3 just has the most stuff

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
If you really wanted to get a Build series in, Build Divers already has a ready-made "oops our mmo connected to an actual planet" plot. Just have that crew think they're in a new area until things get serious.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Pyroi posted:

If you really wanted to get a Build series in, Build Divers already has a ready-made "oops our mmo connected to an actual planet" plot. Just have that crew think they're in a new area until things get serious.

Alternatively have them immediately recognize that poo poo isn't on the level same as Ernie.

I want K&M to be a permanent resident just so future entries can all have Ernie hanging around pleased as punch to be in robot heaven.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Warmachine posted:

I want K&M to be a permanent resident just so future entries can all have Ernie hanging around pleased as punch to be in robot heaven.

Personally I would be happiest with no more isekai or multiple/alternate dimension stuff for a while. SRW has gone back to that well a few too many times.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
In a fair world K&M would only take a break when they've actually used everything from the anime.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
The part where Ernie, having run out of humans to clown on, goes and casually learns the deepest arcane secrets of the elves, except he actually leaves the party for three full in-game months while the missions carry on in his absence.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Levantine posted:

ImpAtom posted:

Some people like the earlier story modes more but to be honest no. 3 just has the most stuff

Yeah 1 is the favorite just because of the story - they mash up the series in a fun way rather than just rehashing the default series stories.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

KoB posted:

Yeah 1 is the favorite just because of the story - they mash up the series in a fun way rather than just rehashing the default series stories.

Breaker, not Warriors

deets
Apr 20, 2015

On that note, SD Gundam Battle Alliance is getting a demo on console tomorrow, alongside this new trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_UkOgDTrik
Artdink robot games are back, baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

building more off of this, one could theoretically take the AI Upscaled sprites, fix up the few errors seen in the vid, add Multi-Language support and BOOM theres your Alpha series SEA Re-Master!

btw there's a vid on that guys channel of him trying it out on the BX sprites and they look drat good