Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I eagerly await my officially-released-in-my-country-non-OG-Super Robot Wars Game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I'd say most of the shows are worth watching except for V and NT.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I will join the crowd of people desperately hoping the OG battleship transforms into a mech.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

We can compromise and have Zeta or CCA era Amuro and friends (possibly including Char) travel back in time to the OYW and do SRW R again.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I too would be down for that.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The only bad thing about Nichol's death was the way the remaster tried to make Kira even less culpable for it than he was before.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Getter is good. What is your favorite Getter? I am a fan of Poseidon myself.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

There are a fair few characters who would argue that Spiral Power isn't that much less evil than Getter Rays.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The only time SD Gundams are acceptable are with other Gundams for contrast.

Preferably season 1 of 00, but that may just be because I want season 1 of 00 back.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The only thing I know about Battletech is the intro to the animated series is excellently goofy and I would like it in SRW for precisely that reason.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Senerio posted:

Kusuha obviously, with a cardboard cut out of Bullet instead of Bullet himself, which is still an upgrade.

How can it be an upgrade if nothing has changed?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The only good thing about Bullet is his VA though.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I played one SRPG draft in high school and could not comprehend the basic concept of 'sometimes it's better to eat the penalty and use a good unit rather than spend hours trying to solo a chapter with a weak unit and end up with a poo poo score anyway' so I'm not sure drafts are for me.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The Xelguard is bad because I much prefer upgrading into a different mech instead of just having your mech get stronger.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

drrockso20 posted:

If I recall correctly isn't part of the problem that going the path for Great Zeorymer also prevents you from getting most of the other secrets in the game

Kinda?

You Stay with the Nadesico at 10 so you can't get Gale or the IWSP pack, you Stay on Earth at 20 so you can't get Gai, and you have to Stay on 31 so you can't get the X Aestivalis or the Layzner Mark II. You can still get Julia, Rapier, Bonta-kun, and, obviously, the secrets whose triggers are after you get Great.

So it's more half and half.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Still playing through X, got a "secret scenario" about The Mazingers trying to lure Mazinger Zero out for a fight and basically curb stomped everything.

Is the "secret scenario" really all that secret or is it dependent on some random statistic that you'll get anyway if you're playing normally (and you only won't get it if you're absolute poo poo at the game)?

The specific requirements are:

Either A) Scenario 24: Koji or Tetsuya defeats Garadoublas and Scenario 28: Koji or Tetsuya defeat Great General of Darkness. Koji and Tetsuya must have a combined killcount of 80 by the end of the stage or B) Scenario 28: Reduce Mazinger ZERO's HP below 30,000 by within 3 turns of its appearance

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Ashsaber posted:

So, who are people going to be beelining when 30 comes out? I'm going to pick up the Magic Knights ASAP, for sure, personally.

I too wish to hold on to that dream. Tommorow (or, less than a month now I guess) knows where and when.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I like the Ichinana. Mass produced super robots are my jam.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

my introduction to Super Robot Wars was actually Battle Moon Wars, the Nasuverse fangame based off of it. I played it, liked it, and when I learned it was based off of another game series I got OG1.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I was not expecting an entire extra series, let alone Sakura Wars.

Disappointed it's not in the main game but I will take main series SRW Sakura Wars. I am also glad that justified my decision to have prepurchased the 85 buck version that comes with the DLC.

Here's hoping that they show up in story cutscenes and have dialogue with bosses like a normal character.

Also as the one Shinjiro fan in existence I am happy he exists and is playable.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Huh, first time I noticed the swirly dizzy eyes when she's spinning.

Anyway yes Erica is great.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Isn't the problem with A portable simply that they just added an extra zero to everything's health, making everything take forever? Or is that MX portable?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Neo_Crimson posted:

Is Steam letting you preload already? I bought from GMG and still haven't gotten my key yet.

Not that person but I also have it on steam and it is not letting me preload.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

If Ryusei and the guy from Knights and Magic don't geek out together about every single robot what's even the point?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Congrats and thank you to all the assorted translator goons and also translators who are not goons. You allow me to play one of my favorite game series without having to deal with my horrible work ethic on learning another language. I will gladly pay money so that you receive payment for your work.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Hah, wow.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Yeah, he's drawn art of every single protagonist mecha in SRW30, too. He is very excited.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

It is time. Goodbye friends I will see you again probably in a couple of hours for dinner but after that I will be gone for days.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Just got to space from the Earth Route, some thoughts:

Az is cute, but very easily impressed. Hucky 30 is still a disaster of a robot, though.

I think there are more SRW bridge crews made up of random trainees and kids than there are actual trained adults.

These Relic missions seem not great. You can't really tell the level of the enemies or the gimmick of the mission before you load in, and considering how those missions work, that basically guarantees you have to suspend save and head back to the menu. You could just fail it normally but I don't want the inflated EXP from fighting against enemies 10+ my level, dangit. I very much hope that nothing important is locked behind them, just power parts that arent' really necessary.

Speaking of suspending, things suspend skits have spoiled for me so far: We get the adult GGG back, Lelouch is going to fight at some point, and he gets an upgraded mech. Also, it 'spoiled' to me that GunxSword and NT are in this game by having them in suspend skits before I actually met them.

Kind of annoyed at all the DLC that's just 'here are free stuff to make an easy game even easier'. Oh well.

I am amused at how easy it is to game the two swap pilot mechs the game gives you. You can swap them as long as they haven't had their turn, so you can switch to the support attack pilot, get support attacks in, and then switch to the support defense pilot for their actual attack so you get support defenses on the enemy turn. Then you can do it again next turn. I'm not sure if it's intentional but it is quite fun.

Hikaru still exists and is good. Ernie exists and is good. Gridman exists and is good. Game is good.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

That's all the real strategy you need.

Pilot swapping is just for stuff like 'what if we put Shiro in the Great because I think it would be funny' or 'giving Quattro an actual mobile suit instead of the Hyaku Shiki'.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Supremezero posted:

:black101:

gently caress needing an anime

I am also very amused that they had Masaaki record a special 'Gao Gai Go' shout for this version of Yuusha-Oh-Tanjou. Unless it already existed, but I thought GaoGaiGar Vs. Betterman was a web novel.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

TIL.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Ernie's overjoyed reactions before every fight have made me want to watch Knight's & Magic. Is it good?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Droyer posted:

I wouldn't say so, no. Ernie is fun, but the whole show is also blatantly a power fantasy where the main character is super amazing at everything forever. I wouldn't mind that necessarily except it sucks the tension out of basically every fight scene cause he just wins effortlessly every time. The anime also has completely bonkers pacing, with each novel being only 2-3 episodes.

Ah, so it is one of those kinds of Isekai. Disappointing but not surprising.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Tae posted:

I find the rayearth units kinda bad at the "early" stages of the game (with how 30 works, early is like 20+ missions). The super robots tend to just work better since there's more outside SP available to guarantee hits.

Fuu's not great given how hard it is for her to hit things but Hikaru and Umi came out swinging, even before I immediately gave them their custom bonuses.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Starting from the Earth route, I couldn't even get to the Magic Knight Intro mission without doing the Knight's and Magic one first.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Yeah I know I screwed that one up due to me burning my SP too early and ending up being unable to hit him when he's Prevail'd.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I am very amused by one of Kallen's prefight lines against Neo Zeon and the like be "How dare you try and change the world through war!"

Now it's been a while since I've seen Code Geass, and I haven't actually seen the movie. But I distinctly remember Kallen trying to change the world through war.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Yeah, Tamaki's weird. I'm no stranger to gratuitous sexiness, but it's weird to go directly from gratuitous sexiness to pure non-sexy humor as fast as Tamaki's main attack does.

I do appreciate her thirst for men, though. It's nice to have some counterbalance with all the horny men...though now that I think about it the primary horny men in this game are also from MJP, so.

Eh at least the mech designs are cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Not a fan of how the patrol system works here, yeah. You have to scour the map for them because they don't show up in the mission menu and it's two random characters. Is very annoying.