Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Nuebot posted:

I'm still mad we didn't actually get the Bebop as a battleship.

I'm not sure when they recorded voice lines, but Jet's voice actor died about 9 months before T was released, which kinda makes it difficult to include him as a main pilot. I know Jet had a few lines in that one Spike attack but I'm not sure if it was just recycled from the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Justin_Brett posted:

I'm curious, who was it?

It was Mashymre in X. Akurasu has the following requirements:

Before Scenario 29 begins: Defeat Mashymre within 3 turns.

During Scenario 29: Persuade Mashymre with Judau, then have Judau shoot down Mashymre

During Scenario 29: As an ally unit, Mashymre must shoot down at least 2 enemies

But it appears that only the first step is required to recruit him as several of us skipped the other steps and still got him.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Dance Officer posted:

I can't speak for T because I didn't play it, but in V the Yamato is very powerful, the Shin Getter can become powerful, and the rest is mediocre at best. In X, only the Nautilus is decent, and the other two ships are mediocre. Handy for their spirit batteries but not units you want to be fighting with.

T is similar in that the Arcadia is very strong but the other ships are mostly used for support spirits. But since 30 doesn't have a battleship series like each of VXT had, the OG ship might fill the role of a good combat battleship.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Kingtheninja posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but on switch I think you can use a credit card on a foreign eshop.

I think it depends on your card company more than anything.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Kitfox88 posted:

I just want the OYW era to feature again. When was the last time, A Portable?

Yeah, AP was most recent. GC if you don't count a remake.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Alacron posted:

What about OE?

We don't talk about OE.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Even on short maps, 30 extra SP is huge. That's the equivalent of 200 PP worth of SP Up and you are getting it for 80. SP Regen is arguably the best value for your PP other than maybe Attacker and it just gets better as the game goes on.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I don't really have the time for it right now, plus I don't want to burn myself out on SRW before 30. I love these games but I need a break between them.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Dance Officer posted:

It sounds like you fit right in with the draft crowd, to be honest.

How do people feel about a Z2 superdraft instead of V?

I would definitely be down for that. I did one of those years ago and it was a lot of fun. I'll probably play super slowly and inevitably peter out halfway through Z2.2 but that's just how drafts go sometimes.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

In the absolute worst case scenario where a unit is force deployed alone while so underleveled that they can't handle the enemies at all, an event will usually fire where you get the rest of your team on the field either when said unit hits low enough HP or when a couple of turns pass, so you can just die/run away and won't end up in an unwinnable situation. Use the characters you like.

That said, you are a monster if you dislike Wataru.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Yeah, when I played V, Ange was the character I dumped most of the resources I got into after the main character because the Vilkiss just curb-stomped everything the main character mech couldn't move over to and kill each turn (also the story bits where it kept unlocking more ridiculous attacks and upgrades right alongside the main character were neat).

I'm kind of doing the same thing in X, but the Xelguard is kinda boring so far compared to the mech from V (that I can't remember the name of because it's been years since I played V).

Also Wataru is constantly piping up during battles and cutscenes even though I don't field him, so I don't think I'm missing anything there. I haven't run across any Getter Robo characters yet in X, but it's still early in the game I think (or I may be about to meet them since I chose the Ground mission path?).

Is the Gratan tank thing ever useful or is it a joke unit?

Getter isn't in X, which is a pretty rare occurrence in SRW.

Gratan is a support unit that doesn't have much in the way of support spirits so it's not great. It's also a goofy looking tank with a fun crew so it does have that going for it.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Gundam is probably the second most popular mecha series in the west behind Evangelion, but I guess mecha in general is fairly niche. I think that's largely true in Japan as well, though.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Dance Officer posted:

Zeorymer is pretty good but it's not on the level of the real wrecking balls in J.

It has a fantastic MAP, a barrier, two pilots and 30% EN regen. It also has Accel and Zeal on a separate pilot from the one who has Valor. It has slightly worse boss damage than the Mazingers if you don't take Zeal into account, I guess. J is a game where a lot of units can wreck shop but I don't think anyone does it better than Zeorymer.

Great Zeorymer probably isn't worth going for from a pure mechanical standpoint, but it is very cool and that counts for something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Amuro used the Dijeh in Z and it was actually pretty good. On par with the other pre-upgrade main character gundams like the Mk-II.