Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

V would have been my favorite SRW game if it kept up the Yamato setting and tone it has for the first handful of stages and not turned into flipping back and forth between alternate earths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Also most secrets these days are just gotten by fighting and defeating bosses with the main character from their show. The only ones that might really trip you are the ones associated with kill counts.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I like Victory Gundam, but it certainly isn’t for most people. I hope we can flip the script some and recruit Duker Iq as a battleship captain.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Would the Bettermen be the first time, outside of the mobile games, they’ve used something that is just a straight up giant monster that doesn’t have any robotic parts or mechanical bite as a playable unit? I can’t think of anything that wasn’t at least nominally a robot, outside of like Alfimi.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Nuebot posted:

It's been ages since I watched betterman, but i don't think the bettermens actually became giant in the original series, did they? The non-villain ones at least, my memories of that show are like a fever dream.

The main Betterman definitely ate seeds and turned into different big monsters.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I was fine with the Tyranado, but its upgrade felt extremely low effort.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Levantine posted:

SRW30 has got me watching SSSS Gridman which is kind of a great series, so that's a total win. Is Dynazenon a direct sequel or just another show in the universe?

It’s set after Gridman and two characters reappear, but it’s not a direct follow up. They are making a third show though that looks like it might be a more direct sequel to both.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I like Betterman solely through the nostalgia of being 10 and seeing it on Tech TV and being blown away that this cartoon was the weird amalgamation of every fictional idea I liked; robots, giant monsters and super powers

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I love that the OG battleship has a top hatch for dramatic Gunbuster style super robot launches.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Make it a real twist and have the fantasy world be the real planet and the modern Earth be the virtual one. You could even do something like Akane being the pillar of the virtual earth Rayearth style.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Narsham posted:

So the Steam preorder lists regular, Digital Deluxe and Ultimate editions, but has no information what's in them. Has it been announced what the difference is?

The store page has bullet point lists of what’s in each edition.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Justin_Brett posted:

And keep in mind the game will allow you to put in your own songs to some extent, so that can be considered a bit of a frill.

Wasn't not an option in the Steam releases?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Endorph posted:

It wasn't in V at launch but it was in X and they patched it into V when X came out.

Awesome, I was worried I wouldn't be add the Great Mazinger theme like I did in all the Playstation versions.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Give me Star Driver, but make it an original story based on the like 5 minutes of post tv show story we see at the beginning of the movie where the final bad robot has become a tiny fairy companion to the protagonists.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Brunom1 posted:

Oh? So the SRX and Cybuster are both pre-order bonuses? I thought the former was going to be in the base game... guess I better get to it, then.

Yeah, that's interesting. I wonder how much they'll actually play into the story then. If they do include new characters in the DLC I guess we'll have a template to gauge how much integration they'll have with the rest of the game.

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Aug 29, 2021

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Most of the DLCs are non OG units, so I expect to see a lot of units from the Gundam MSVs since they licensed some for the game already.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Inferno-sama posted:

GaoGaiGar Final would fit. Hell, if they were allowed/able/willing to, young Kouji and Tetsuya.

That would rule, because I love when the background story to a Super Robot Wars game is basically another unmade Super Robot Wars game. It adds a lot to the story when some of the characters already have connections to each other.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Inferno-sama posted:

The White Base crew consisting of Kouji Kabuto, the Getter Team, Amuro Ray, and Gai Shishioh having to be the only adult in the room.

Katz, Kei and Mamoru are best friends thanks to their shared time as kids on the White Base.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Kchama posted:

If it is anything like the previous ones, then the preorder missions are just "You get to recruit them early", and otherwise they only join late in the game. I'm guessing they might offer them as later DLC because you actually do miss a little interaction-wise without the extra units in the previous games.

That interview says that they aren’t like the previous games and will only exist in game if you preordered.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

That sounds like Dinosaur talk and you know what we do to them around there parts.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

TTGL wasn’t even real. It was just a shared delusion given form in some higher plane of existence.

Getter Emperor is real and it is coming to get you.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The latest Getter Robo Arc episode has humanity on a genocidal galactic holy war at Getter’s behest and it rules.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Supremezero posted:

More common than not having Kouji, though.

Which is, to be clear, exactly once, due to having the weird Mazinkaiser SKL series instead.

And then they had Kouji and SKL.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I love the stage in X where during a route split units from the other route warp in to dunk on Embryo.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

And even then in BX it was just Unicorn, nothing from Zeta or CCA.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I never thought the Xelguard felt particularly powerful. It always seemed pretty average power wise and not something I could just sling at enemies by itself to make them all disappear.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Kale posted:

Yes well Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagan, Yamato and Mazinger Zero and Ryuuohmaru are in the game so....

Yamato was not in X and Zero was playable for all of one stage.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Didn’t they say they want to keep IBO as a DD exclusive for a while or is that just an internet rumor?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

IBO and SPT Layzner. Make it happen Banpresto.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I think playing so many of the games in Japanese, a language I do not understand, made me immune to Moon Dwellers’ script.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Endorph posted:

Presumably 'Unicorn is not DLC' means 'Unicorn will be a secret.' They did show Banagher in PV2, and the unicorn does appear briefly in a flashback in Narrative, so you can fudge it to get it in without having to have Unicorn as an entry in the series list. Probably a standard get Banagher a certain number of kills thing.

I guess it depends on if Unicorn means the Unicorn Gundam or Unicorn the series.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Brunom1 posted:

I'd sooner expect Noir as an upgrade than playable Arc.

Is Noir entirely OG or does it have a specific license attached to it?

It is a Super Robot Wars original and I don't know what license those might show up as. Mazin Emperor G wasn't listed as a separate license in V and X.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Brunom1 posted:

GAGAGA, GAGAGA, GAOGAIGAR!

(And J-Decker)

I think you mean GAOGAIGO.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Willo567 posted:

to celebrate Sora being in ultimate banpresto will add Sora piloting the gummi ship as dlc for SRW 30

He’s actually going to pilot this.

https://disney.fandom.com/wiki/Kingrobot

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

It looked like there was a choice on whether to start on Earth or in space with different initial series in them.

I’m still not sure on the designs of either main character. Neither one feels very standout to me.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

As much as I want it too, I just can’t see how the battleship would transform. The hull look like one seamless piece with no obvious points where it would break apart into a human shaped form.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Randalor posted:

The encyclopedia covers some skills/traits, but not things like "Newtype". So right now, I have Gundams that have sub-50% chance of getting hit from an attack, while Black Getter has a 100% of eating each hit, presumably because Ryoma thinks evading is for wusses (I haven't seen the Getter series, so that may actually be the case, though apparently its just because Newtype gives a bonus to evasion)

If you highlight a skill there is some button that you can hit that tells you what it does.

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Oct 12, 2021

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

It kind of bothers me how close those original enemies are to just being Gazas.

Also the upgrade bars are in three sets of five with the last set appearing to not be selectable at the start. I wonder if they are going to do the unthinkable and have three full upgrade style bonuses instead of the two they’ve been doing recently.

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Oct 12, 2021

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

30 has the potential to be a real long game in the end with all the DLC. They give over 40 extra missions all combined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I am assuming they are going to be like the bonus DLC missions from the previous games and mostly be silly short things

Most likely, the only wild card is the DLC missions with new units. With the way they are doing level select in this I could see them being actual stages that show up on the map.