Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Droyer posted:

It's not a good show.

no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Justin_Brett posted:

That article also confirms that (Hakai-Oh) the combined Betterman will be playable.

Trying to look for a better pic of that thing cuz gameplay screenshots dont do it nearly enough justice

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/hakaba_event/status/1420262746365603841?s=20

:lol:made you look. Dont worry I thought the same thing too at first:unsmith:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Endorph posted:

Japanese companies tend to price gouge dedicated fans while releasing the same products for cheaper overseas. Compare the price of an anime blu-ray in Japan to an anime blu-ray in the US. Thus, they don't want the Japanese fans to circumvent said gouging.

shooting off your nose despite your face

story of this Franchise's life at times

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

General Revil posted:

How fitting that I'm shilling "pick which member of the Shrike team to kill" on my SRW streams. :killemall:

General Revil posted:

Seriously. Those girls deserved better, either surviving, or better deaths.

:smith:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Kitfox88 posted:

Programming was a mistake:v:

ftfy

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

It won't matter unless we dare to refuse CLAN JADE FALCON's batchal

BattleTech in SRW? Decision on ThunderRift is something that is constantly at the back of my mind. Obviously it'd need to be given an update aesthetically

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Kitfox88 posted:

If battletech ever shows up it better be alongside macross and dougram

:lol: that there are BattleTech fanboys who unironically hate mecha anime designs

just :lol:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

so alpha and E4gy1!1!1 not like that gay justin bieber sailor moon my weird incel fragile masculinity gundam crap!1! the astoundingly lovely designs perfectly encapsulate how gritty and edgy war is:downs:
parody

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Sep 16, 2021

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

Wait, what was the meaning behind that post that led you to this? For my part I was just suggesting a robot tactical RPG someone was looking along the lines of

I am not accusing you, just a type of Nerd who unfortunately exists, in real time

SyntheticPolygon posted:

What the hell are you talking about?

I am parodying a type of BattleTech nerd whom i encounter just a bit too often online sometimes

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Sep 16, 2021

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

do you know what a parody is? have you ever dealt with lovely, toxic elements of a fanbase before? Have you ever seen someone make a parody of a lovely, toxic type of fan?

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Sep 16, 2021

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Justin_Brett posted:

Yes, but never to do with Battletech and if you haven't it's just a big non-sequitur really.

You're blessed.

Moving on

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Droyer posted:

Not quite what you're looking for but it's worth mentioning Full Metal Panic takes place in a world where the cold war never ended.

feel like i could maybe squeeze a joke or two in there but nah this ain't cspam:v:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Davzz posted:

If it helps I think Terada has stated that he wants to do a "retro" style SRW some day - granted I have no idea how "retro" he's talking about so maybe he's talking so old-skool that the units are static sprites whose weapons pop into their hands as they float towards the enemy while vibrating a little.

Even if he did get approval though I can't imagine that lasting for more than a single nostalgiabait game though, like even Mega Man 9 / 10 had to return to low budget 3D graphics eventually for 11.

For "retro" how about bringing back moving character portraits during Intermissions and Helmet-on portraits during Battle Animations ala the first two Alphas.

Please?:unsmith:

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Sep 29, 2021

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
ok what the gently caress are there really stages in 30 that take place in wyoming and georgia, of all places :stare:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
kazuya finding out what the hell a 'waffle house' is:v:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

OddObserver posted:

Yes, they are remote places they isolate poor, tortured, Newtype-protagonists.

so the real Wyoming and Georgia then

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
"what is this pressure?!"
"sir this is a Wendy's drive thru"

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

OddObserver posted:

Yes, they are remote places they isolate poor, tortured, Newtype-protagonists.

i cannot stress how much i want to make redneck newtypes a thing. i dont know if I'll be able to stop

you all have no idea how much comedy gold is in this concept

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
When are we able to get news on the total number of Steam Downloads? Hoping this is the big one for Banpresto.

Many, MANY thanks to all the talented goons here who worked on the Translation! You literally make the impossible possible!:unsmith:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Policenaut posted:

Amandara Kamandara

shot weapon

max boot:v:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

EclecticTastes posted:

I have a tendency to compulsively complete things like that even if I hate doing it and if SRW did it with this many missions it would be hell and is the only thing I've yet thought of that could possibly make me genuinely dislike the game. I'm glad there's no SR points or TacP bonuses or whatever because by the hundredth mission it would become the worst thing I've ever experienced.

impact

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Willo567 posted:

game journalists are a joke - see most of the shin megami tensei v reviews complaining it's not like persona.

I'd argue they know what they're doing and it works

it's very very easy to rile up nerds like us to generate hateclicks

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Davzz posted:

I don't particularly care for them, but I've read the Kotak article and I can't really say there's anything particularly clickbaity or ill-informed about it, including the "the story is just an excuse plot" line. I don't really think it's that unreasonable of an opinion to hold for a decent portion of people, it's not exactly a deep exploration of the injustice of societal inequality and all that.

T is:colbert:

But seriously though I feel some of us like are reading just a bit too much into it

can we please not turn this into Helldump 2.0. Please?:unsmith:

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Dec 6, 2021

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

legit thought he was throwing up gang signs ngl:v:

Edit:

amigolupus posted:

Just as a heads up, please don't signal boost this guy's Twitter account. I was wondering why that string of numbers in their name seemed kind of familiar, and then remembered they got mentioned in the previous SRW thread as someone who turned out to be a massive chud.

Very much on the "Acceptance" phase with the fucker. It is what is. Hopefully as the series gets more mainstream attention (and with it newer fans) the more reactionary elements of the fanbase will gently caress off to form their own little online cesspools. Usually how this goes, but can only be so lucky

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Dec 12, 2021

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Booky posted:

so how are people generally feeling about 30 compared to VXT? it seems pretty good, but i wish it was easier to get on the switch digital :(

also the most hosed up part about that D-numbers guy is once a long while back i was on their twitter looking for cool mecha content, saw them call a trans anime character who won some award a slur, and when i clicked their "likes" it was a bunch of I Stand With Vic nonsense

class act all the way! he must love the majestic prince characters!

what are his opinions on the kevin smith he-man show? i am dying to know his opinions on the kevin smith show:lol:

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Dec 12, 2021

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Ooof that guy's Likes

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Reiska posted:

Eh, the SRW fanbase's online cesspool has been going strong for over a decade now already. I'm more worried about them recruiting (they were certainly trying, on the Steam forums).

you have /m/ to thank for that

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Neo_Crimson posted:

I think that has more to do with Bandai wanting to milk UC more and more than what Tomino actually believed, or wrote.

tomino is the Todd Phillips of the Mecha genre:colbert:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
... in that he just cant shut the gently caress up and let a beautiful accident of Art be a beautiful accident of Art

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Policenaut posted:

YOOOOOOOOOO holy poo poo that's amazing!

Couldn't have said it better myself with regards to the W Translation!

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Policenaut posted:

Full Flat
Daba Myroad
Klim Nick
Woody Malden
Alpha A Bate
Max Boot

I really wish I knew HOW Tomino came up with these names, like where do you draw Agrippa Maintainer from?

shh nobody tell him

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

They don't even get money out of it - what they get is Big West won't stop them from marketing Robotech outside of the US

it just boggles my mind why HG is so hellbent on the death grip it has on an IP it literally does nothing with.

also HG is a Real Estate scam shell company:colbert:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/ShahriyarGourgi/status/1525400172712411136?t=cppP2ycPGd2ypjvUVMYCBA&s=19

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Reiska posted:

After how badly the Z series ended (both in writing terms and commercial terms) I'm pretty sure that's never happening again.

that was before BamCo realized there was a whole other Consumer Base outside of japan tho:colbert:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Schwarzwald posted:

What if Kazuma left... and then Mihiro had to take over his piloting duties semi-permanently? You'd be able to make her much more of a character. You'd be able to do more with her sisters. You could even take the opportunity to give Kazuma a more active role! Have him use his PTO to steal the Arm Stora or something.

its always sad when goons in this thread manage to make a more emotionally fulfilling and entertaining story than than the actual writers:unsmith:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

chiasaur11 posted:

And that whole other customer base isn't likely to be more enthused for having to buy five games to get an ending less satisfying than the one they got after just playing one.

Multi-game adds a lot of difficulties and relatively few benefits. I don't quite understand why some people seem to think it's the solution to the series's ills.

look man i just want SEA Steam ports of Alpha 3 and OG Gaiden

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmRW8AMGxCs (Alpha Gaiden. Man those sprites hold up)

https://twitter.com/tac0520/status/1537778737907118080?t=hkzrW97UtI_o-n8c5BqgCw&s=19

:getin:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

building more off of this, one could theoretically take the AI Upscaled sprites, fix up the few errors seen in the vid, add Multi-Language support and BOOM theres your Alpha series SEA Re-Master!

btw there's a vid on that guys channel of him trying it out on the BX sprites and they look drat good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

EthanSteele posted:

The Gaiden and Alpha 2 upscales are neat, but they definitely look worse than the original unless you're allergic to pixels. The animations and designs were all done to work at that original level and the AI oversmoothing stinks it up.

Trust me, I know. Which is why I said in one of my last posts that at the very most the AI Upscales would provide a foundation upon which to start creating sprites for a hypothetical SEA Steam Remaster or something

In particular the one video that really sticks out to me is the OG Gaiden Thurugelmir(sp?) vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fx9GGfVkGg

Look at the insane level of detail in the facial expressions