Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Tae posted:

Who owns the license

I think Satelight and their parent company, since they did the animation, and King's Records, since people contracted under them did the music, are who it would need to be cleared with primarily. But Satelight were behind Aquarion, and King's Records were one of a few companies involved in Cross Ange, so there is precedent there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Zore posted:

Those go up insanely quick. X and T had simultaneous release for their English versions and Akurasu had basic guides up for all the secrets on release with question marks for things still being tested.

I think they sell strategy guides and people mostly figure out the underlying mechanics in the month+ after release. And even then guides aren't totally accurate as we discovered playing our V draft where people definitely got a unit they should not have been able to :v:

I'm curious, who was it?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I'd say either GX or AXZ and XV together. The former's plot would be dead simple to do in a game and isn't terribly intrusive, with bad guys you can easily justify showing up in a stage, while the latter would need some stuff playing nice or a good partner in plot but would end in a grander fashion.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

BisbyWorl posted:

Throw in G Gundam with Symphogear.

Master Asia vs Genjuro.

Hibiki with unique lines for fighting Master Asia would be very nice.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
A month ago them putting in VS Betterman would have been a massive hypothetical.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Be aware that while the original characters in T are all good, the lead robot is pretty boring if that might bother you.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Nuebot posted:

So after realizing I remembered literally nothing about Betterman I started rewatching it, and I really forgot everything. Especially how kind of ugly this series is.

The only subs I could find for it were cropped in a truly bizarre way which didn't help matters much.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
That article also confirms that (Hakai-Oh) the combined Betterman will be playable.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
And keep in mind the game will allow you to put in your own songs to some extent, so that can be considered a bit of a frill.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
It almost feels like they liked the Crossbone Gundams themselves more than the plot. It's kinda messed up when you claim a stage is adapting the Steel Seven when five of the pilots aren't even from Crossbone Gundam.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Endorph posted:

the actual difference is the sereis lists in the gba/ds games were way smaller so they had to do most of the plots or they wouldnt, have a plot. like w has maybe 11 series (not counting separate seasons of the same thing, like fmp and fmp s2, as different series) and t has like 19.

This may be something they shifted to after A, because I've been playing Portable and that game feeling the need to have some plot for every series, if not an outright flaw, does make it flow very oddly. Depending on what route splits you take you can never encounter a Daitarn stage if you don't want to.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I've been thinking on it but what do you all think is the chance of Grendizer showing up thanks to Infinitism? I've heard it and Mazinkaiser both appear together in that model line's story, such as it is.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Da Garn could almost carry a whole game so I don't doubt it will be in at some point.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
If anything it feels like having a popular Gundam with a lot of potential units that could be on its own would be kind of a feature as far as this series goes, especially for the coming future.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I'm hoping Lat is one of the OG people but she's probably some distance down the list past the usual suspects. There's also some returns or debuts I'd be okay with as DLC, but we really have no idea what the standard for them is going to be right now.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
The L-Gaim quartet spend a significant amount of time being massive dickheads to each-other. The Majestic Princes also tend to snipe at one another but in a more friendly way.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
That demo gives some insight to how animations might be this game, there's a couple attacks that have odd jump cuts (V-Dash's shoulder cannons for example) which could take some getting used to if it's common.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
We'll more or less have Battletech in once Dougram finally gets the mainline call-up.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I will preorder but I'm not touching those DLC options until I know what's in them.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I don't think the DLC will be too MS-heavy just because it has to be stuff most of the playerbase would drop money to get. Even if they weren't picked with the fact 30 was getting an official release in mind, not every SRW fan is gonna be huge on Gundam.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Yes, but never to do with Battletech and if you haven't it's just a big non-sequitur really.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
As I understand it the original setting in X is Wataru, Cross Ange and Gurren Lagaan, so yeah you're gonna see a lot of Embryo (and him being the kind of villain he is also sort of forces him into some importance). T doesn't have a specific core series if that sounds more up your alley.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Willo567 posted:

so when is super robot wars ultimate, featuring every series that's even been in srw including the x-omega one time events

It wouldn't have Nanoha in that case, so 'ultimate' would be false advertising

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Even the V upgrades feel a bit overshadowed by how many crazy units that game has. They're both plenty strong, but not Yamato or Mazinger Zero strong.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I noticed they snuck a non-Gablae L-Gaim villain in there at the end so I guess it's either got full plot or Xabungle-style post plot where most of the bad guys from it show up. Emyrs also probably soft-confirms the upperclassmen from Knights & Magic since he's a bit less important, not that anyone really assumed they wouldn't be in.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Wonder what the cut-off for DLC was as far as time goes. 2019? Last year?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I assume they mean there that series that were complete oddballs in Omega won't be DLC, so no Heybot, Pop Team Epic, etcetera.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Knights & Magic has a Moderoid kit too for what it's worth.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Ashsaber posted:

So, who are people going to be beelining when 30 comes out? I'm going to pick up the Magic Knights ASAP, for sure, personally.

No replyyyyyyyy

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDwzdgmugcs new trailer around Thursday at 11 PM, at the very least it'll be showing the first DLC pack.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDwzdgmugcs in a bit less than two hours.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Brunom1 posted:

The Hi-Nu's All Range Attack there looked new, too? Or am I misremembering how it was in the previous games?

It was all-new, it looked way different (and kinda worse) in T.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Policenaut posted:

Throw some VOTOMS in there and you got a party started

Free Dougram from Omega hell

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Willo567 posted:

Also, the datamine suggests that for GGG vs Betterman the brave robots will be substituted by the J-Decker characters, but GaoGaiGo, Katetsujin V2, Final GaoGaiGar and Betterman will be units

My guess is that since GGG vs Betterman isn't animated, it would be hard to animate the new brave robots since there's no animated material, and they didn't want to just bring the old GGG units and not have the new ones as well, so they decided to just substitute them with the J-Decker characters

I hope that last point isn't their logic, since really it would be a massive dick move to not give them to you when getting them back on the team is most of the plot of Hakai-Oh.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Give me at least one base convo with Quattro and McGillis and that justifies his inclusion immediately.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I like the idea of DLC but I hope all this didn't mean they cut a bunch of corners with the actual base game.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Endorph posted:

to be fair it is really funny seeing them doompost about the possibility of knights and magic not being represented well. im sure these guys are massive knights and magic fans and not just looking for an excuse to complain.

also grats to all the translators!

I mean, I kind of am since I read the manga (and then the light novel) up to where the anime ends.

And yeah thanks for the work on the translation!

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Got to the L-Gaim debut and pointing out in Kyao's biography that he can pilot Heavy Metals and was helpful because of that is kind of a dick move when he's not actually playable.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Infinity Gaia posted:

Honestly, if it was Might Gaine I could see where they were going with that connection, but J-Decker is a weird one. I guess Gridman is technically sorta kind of a police officer too?

Well, a lot of J-Decker is discussing how human the robots can or can't be, and Gridman kinda does the same thing too by having a bunch of Akane's creations gain singularity. Not as obvious as mixing the two isekai shows, but it definitely works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
At least Resurrection is probably the default Code Geass thing now like Prince of Darkness for Nadesico, so they can add that stuff in a later game. Not that it's too relevant a consolation now, of course.