Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Dance Officer posted:

I think the vayeate is the best looking ms in Wing. Sad it's in only one game.

My passion is the Leo and Leo Accessories, ayup.

EDIT: from the old thread but;

chiasaur11 posted:

Except Cowboy Bebop, which contributed Tank.

I'm still mad we didn't actually get the Bebop as a battleship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

AradoBalanga posted:

It boggles my mind that Blue Destiny didn't get in. A perfect compliment to NT with its own dead Newtype power system shenanigans, but...nope.

The Efreet is one of my favorite suits, I'd love to have it in SRW too. :negative: I love that weird dom/gouf lovechild.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

wdarkk posted:

Does it actually have any weapons? I'm trying to remember if it does or not.

Does it need weapons? Cowboy Bebop can hack things with his computer. And I guess they can just launch spike out of it like a missile, that's an attack!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

On the subject of weird wishlist stuff, I'd really like a spinoff where we play as the villains. Maybe go a little ghiren's greed with it where we take over the universe; or just make it a diabolical defeat simulator, I don't care. I'd think it'd be neat for a game or two.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kitfox88 posted:

This would own.

Bring back layzner and just make the entire game maximum martian madness.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Endorph posted:

Even without a full villain game, I'd love a game where the 'reasonable antagonists' are on your side from some series and the protagonists join later. You could easily swing this with the Rustal faction from IBO, but it'd also work for Suzaku from Code Geass. As a bonus it might finally lead to playable Cornelia.

actually come to think of it, lelouch of the resurrection will probably lead to playable Cornelia. huh

Oh god a game where you play with the Good Guys (for some reason I'm just imagining Rustal and basically any other Federation types) and at some point, probably early on, the Barbatos just shows up in full murder mode to ruin your day would be amazing. "Those colours! It's a Gundam! I bet it's on our side!" And then someone gets smashed.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I just realized that this is going to be the first time I won't have a guide telling me how to get the secret units ready when I go to play it :negative:. Oh no, I'm going to screw it up and miss something..

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

RBA Starblade posted:

With Victory Gundam in here for some reason I'm really looking forward to having a legion of GunEZs kill themselves in droves to take down one unit.

At least, that's what they do in MBON :v:

I just got to the point in the show where Oliver rams his core fighter into the wheelship's giant wheel to literally no end and it really has me thinking just what kind of secret units we might be getting from V. Will it be half a dozen GunEZ and victory pilots who can't help but kill themselves in dumb ways? Or will it just be the big name cyber newtypes?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Randallteal posted:

So what shows from the 30 series list are cool? I've barely seen any of them outside of the old gundam stuff. I remember there was an ADTRW watchalong for Gun x Sword at one point.

I started writing and then realized that I was just saying that all of them were good; except the ones I haven't seen because I haven't seen them. Basically you can't really go wrong picking any of them from a list and giving it a whirl. The classic gundams are fantastic if you want something with a more serious and occasionally grim tone, Gao Gai Gar is pretty much the opposite, it's vibrant and bombastic in sheer cheesy 90's anime glory. But others like Gun x Sword, Rayearth and Getter Armageddon are all rad in their own rights and worth a watch too.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Droyer posted:

They did Betterman in Compact 3 but Betterman himself never became playable, so maybe he won't be this time either.

It's been ages since I watched betterman, but i don't think the bettermens actually became giant in the original series, did they? The non-villain ones at least, my memories of that show are like a fever dream.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I definitely don't remember that one. Oh god I'm going to have to re-watch it now after Victory :psyduck:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

Bring back Tetsujin, along with Atom.

The 2003 Atom had a great evil Doctor Tenma.

why not just go whole hog and have a spinoff of slightly less super robots, team Atom up with Cyborg 009 and Kikaider.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Inferno-sama posted:

Classic Mega Man would work well with those.

Wily and a league of evil doctors working with Black Ghost would do pretty good for villains, too.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Saint Freak posted:

Having never played one, would T be a good one to get? It looks like it has more series in it that would appeal to me than 30 will have. Or should I just wait for 30?

Also I have a PS5 (five) with a disc drive. Would buying a physical PS4 import copy be what I want to do/just work?

T is rad and if it has series that appeal to you then go for it! It had my favorite story of the V/X/T line and it's a fun game through and through.

SpaceDrake posted:

It is, ironically, the Steam versions of V and X which remain region locked. They can't even be gifted across region lines. And SRW T, somewhat inexplicably at this stage, has no Steam/PC version.

It's a shame because V and X look really good on PC too, and I'd happily give them my money if they'd let me. I'm so glad 30's hitting steam.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

drrockso20 posted:

If 30 does well enough I wouldn't be surprised if they work out the international rights for the VTX trilogy for Steam(including actually releasing T on PC) as it would be easy money since two of them are already done

Yeah I think the ideal reaction would be seeing enough of an uptick in interest in basically every series involved in 30 that the various license owners are like "Yeah let's do this" and then they can start porting older games to PC too, in my wildest dreams.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Bloody Pom posted:

A G Gen with content from all of the Build series including the side stories (Honoo, Ryze etc) would be amazing.

Hell, throw Beginning G and Plamo-Kyoshiro in there as well.

Suddenly I want them to do a gundam breaker style thing with one of the G Gen games and just let me swap out parts to make my own little custom gunpla abominations.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Midjack posted:

Find MS Era for the PS2 if you haven't already.

Is that the same thing as MS Saga: A New Dawn? If so; I love that game and would fight someone at a denny's to get another one made. It has just the perfect blend of systems that have ensured I've replayed it just way too many times over the years despite its flaws. Between being able to mix and match parts for cosmetic reasons if you really want, or just make a party out of whatever gundam/mobile suits you liked best and the really cool inventory system that let you play inventory tetris for equipping as much as you could on your dudes with each MS having its own inventory grid shape and style to provide just a little touch of personality I love the game on a mechanical level even if like, late-game it really pushes you to just use entire sets of big name series selling gundams because of how dumbly powerful they are, and the bosses tend to be designed with really basic pattern driven AIs that offer literally no variation from their set pattern. It's a cool game, right up there with the one medabots JRPG we got in terms of customizable robot games I like a bunch.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Midjack posted:

That was what I meant, glad you already got to it! :cheerdoge:

It's a neat little games, as I said, and anyone who's ever been like into that whole customizable character or robot JRPG thing should give it a look!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So after realizing I remembered literally nothing about Betterman I started rewatching it, and I really forgot everything. Especially how kind of ugly this series is.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Droyer posted:

It's not a good show.

that I do remember. It's all the plot stuff, like betterman turning into a giant monster, I don't remember.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Lostconfused posted:

Well since it's an OG battlehsip it's probably going to come with some over sized OG mech to launch from that hatch. I can't think of any that would be that big though.

I would say the SR-X but that's DLC. Maybe it'll be whatever crazy super robot the main characters upgrade into after their initial robot gets junked.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Cyflan posted:

So they could have some combo attack for SRX and the ship unlock after that I guess?

I want the ship to just launch the SRX at the enemy and hit them with it. Straight out of the catapult like a torpedo.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Phlogistic posted:

I keep thinking how extremely rad it would be if they somehow tied Gridman in with Gaogaigar and had it set on what's left over of repli-Earth after Final, especially since the people in the computer world in SSSS Gridman are called 'repli-compoids.

What if that's how they square the gundam timeline circle: all your favorite gundam lads are just computers now, or whatever. I don't know I'm not even halfway into gridman myself and need to get back into it.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Just have it get real meta and have the characters get ripped straight out of a super robot wars game from the "real world".

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Ethiser posted:

Yamato was not in X and Zero was playable for all of one stage.

This actually reminds me of one thing I really, really hope they do for 30: give me a proper new game plus. I don't care if units or characters carried over don't have story dialogue or anything. But please stop letting me unlock cool units for the last like three missions and no more. Zero, Neo Zeong and TTGL are really bad about this; but I think the absolute worst goes to Great Zeorymer in J where you have to forgo most of the other upgrades in the game and jump through all kinds of tedious hoops to get it, then you get it for the very end of the game and while it's incredibly powerful on paper; it's not actually that strong because by that point you'll have upgraded other units to be just as overkill if not even better without needing all of the bullshit to get it every playthrough.

Basically - if I get something I just want to be able to use it on a fresh playthrough :negative: .

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Endorph posted:

isnt

isnt that how most SRW games work already? SRWUX is literally built around this premise

Yeah that's how it's been working in V, X and T I think; it's convenient and cool. But I'd still like to have Mazinger Zero around forever after getting it once.
EDIT: apparently just for the real ending as stated above?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kchama posted:

I get the sentiment of all of this, but is Great Zeorymer's unlock requirements 'tedious hoops'? Beyond 'don't deploy it unless forced to', it's literally "Go all the routes that have Zeorymer's plot, and use Zeorymer to defeat all the Zeorymer enemies".

That's a lot less tedious than Vorlent's requirement of "Beat the game with all other protag units" in the same game.

It makes sense plot-wise in the context of the show, at least.

Because, IIRC, the zeorymer units don't show up concretely under one specific plot line (IE: you don't just follow the gundams or whatever) so you have to zig-zag across the storyline getting half of each plot making sure to deploy zeorymer only when the zeorymer is necessary and kill the zeorymer bosses with zeorymer. It felt tedious to me; beating the game three times over was just playing the game three times which was only tedious if you didn't really like J imo.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kchama posted:

Maybe our definitions of 'tedious' differ since that's just playing the game normally except you don't deploy Zeorymer.

Maybe, I like to follow storylines. Not see half of what the G gundam crew is up to, half of what the space crew is doing and then shrugging my shoulders as those plot lines resolve off screen and all the other secrets vanish into the ether so I can unlock this super cool thing I can use for all of like three missions and never again. Which is why this entire conversation started by pointing out how nice it'd be to be able to keep upgrades before it got bogged down in the tedium of people defending their favorite unlockables in J. And if we're going that route I will always argue that just using a cheat device to unlock the raftclans from the start is the best way to play that game because as much as I love the granteed, plot-wise it's really cool and getting to start an absolutely fresh file with it is cool.

Dance Officer posted:

It has a very good MAP that's locked behind 140 will, so it's not very useful. It has 30% EN regen but low total EN for its consumption, both from attacks and DCS.

It does have 2 pilots and in totality a pretty good spirit list, but combattler, voltes and dancouga have more. Like those, it has trouble hitting things and needs to use Strike often. Like most of the supers in the game it needs to rely on spirits to really tank damage, even with its barrier. Though I guess you can savescum DCS dodges. Unlike most supers it only gets guard at level 45. It gets Valor very late, at level 28. That's 3-8 stages before other heavy hitters get it.

On that subject: I always found Combattler, Voltes and Dancouga were weirdly fragile in J and it might have just been how I played but they never seemed as good as other supers like Mazinger, so I wound up shelving them until the game made me use them.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

For retro SRW as frequent as stuff like gundam is in every game: I'd love if it did have 0079, classic mazinger Z and getter (despite how much I love Armageddon) and other series that fit that distinctly retro niche too.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

MechaCrash posted:

"Playable Katejina in the Zanspine" is probably a bit much to ask, but 30 will probably at least give us Katejina in the Gottrlatan.

If she is playable, I'd be genuinely surprised if we don't get the Zanspine. It makes for such a better counterpart to the Victory.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

That cut to black is weird and I kind of hope they fix it for release.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Ashsaber posted:

So, who are people going to be beelining when 30 comes out? I'm going to pick up the Magic Knights ASAP, for sure, personally.

Getter, Gaogaigar and Mazinger. Super Robots for lyf.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

IIRC they already said the Unicorn won't be DLC.

Which I interpret as "it's a (likely secret) unit in the main game already" because there's no reason to have Banana and not the Unicorn.

This is going to be my guess. Since, canonically, isn't the unicorn just vaguely "in storage" or something during the events of the movie? I'm really interested to see what kind of secrets we get this time. Personally I'm half expecting Unicorn and the Zanspine.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Endorph posted:

they probably dont consider it a 'debut' since it was already in the mobage

Honestly if this is the logic they're using then there's hope we might get IBO too! That'd be neat.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kitfox88 posted:

medabots please

I would do heinous things to make medabots popular enough for some more games to get translated.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Siegkrow posted:

You know, when Gridman comes up I always hear how good it is, but that's usually if not always, the SECOND thing that comes up. The first is usually how hot the main characters are.

The first thing I usually hear is how their designs are based on a very specific transformers franchise and are weirdly loaded with references to this specific brand of transformers. Like when the show first started airing there was a lot of people freaking out over thighs and memes in that vein but I remember it dropping off pretty quickly. Like this conversation is pretty much the only time I've really heard anyone emphasize it that much pretty much since the show finished its run. But I also try to avoid places where people obsess over the sex appeal of anime highschoolers.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

BisbyWorl posted:

I sorta want Build Fighters as a full thing.

Cast gets isekai'd in. Good guys try to help the heroes by warning them about the villains plans and vice versa.

So you got the heroes warning the Feddies about Char buying Axis to drop it, the bad guys trying to convince Char to not leak the Psychoframe data because he'll get his rear end kicked, and all the while all the other series are throwing their own wrenches into things to throw things off the rails.

I want build fighters, medabots and custom robo in the same game. Just give us an SRW spinoff about toy robots.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kitfox88 posted:

:hmmyes: That's my plan

:same:

Unless one of the DLC packs winds up containing something insane like Big O (which absolutely won't happen) that I can't wait for.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kanos posted:

I'm not really attached to SR points because the implementation of them is usually not particularly interesting. The most common requirements are "beat the stage in x turns", which I'm usually trying to do anyway, or "kill this boss before it runs away", which I'm usually trying to do anyway. Most of the skill points I remember as being notably challenging are ones that rely on dick moves, like the "kill all enemies on turn 5 btw there will be reinforcements on turn 4 at the opposite side of the map" that Z1 loved to pull.

Clearly what they need to do is bring back Alpha 1 skill points that you earn through dialogue choices. :unsmigghh:

They also usually follow secret unlock requirements. There's also usually one lovely one in every game that's like "reduce every enemy to 10% HP or less without killing them by turn 15" and then the enemies in question spawn in each corner of the map and only have like 1000 HP and no armor or defense of any kind and at that point in the story you're lucky to have anyone with mercy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kchama posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if it was announced during the trailer on the 28th? But otherwise, that sounds reasonable.

I got curious and looked it up, and that kind of SR only comes up twice in all the games. MD has one on stage 3, Calvina's route that is exactly that. And OG2 has one where you just have to leave one Huckebein Mk. II alive below 10% HP.

... I did kind of feel like it came up more, myself.

One of the SRW games, I think it was OG? Also has one where you have to disable a bunch of missiles. I swear one of the V/X/T games has one too, also with missiles. But yeah it doesn't seem to come up anywhere near as much as it feels like it does in my head. Maybe I'm conflating secret unlocks and poo poo with SR points directly now.