Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Throw in G Gundam with Symphogear.

Master Asia vs Genjuro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Is it just me, or does the bridge look a bit like a head?

Please tell me it'll be a transforming battleship.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

In SRW-adjacent news, Sanbondo (the 2hu SRW devs) posted an update on their NG+ patch progress a week back.

According to Twitter's translate, they're still chipping away at it, and will give a more concrete release date when they're closer to done.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

chiasaur11 posted:

This, of course, required that Ryo Nagare be the player character.

No-one else can distract Ryoma from fighting long enough to get him in bed.

(Seriously, the manga for Arc made it seem like she could have just been delusional and exaggerating a brief fling into something more important, but Arc confirms she actually managed to get Ryoma to do couple activities. That woman may be the most terrifying force in all of Getter Robo.)

Ryoma Nagare cares for two things: Fighting, and combining. She just had to lean on the latter.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Kanos posted:

Velt and Lottie get a fair amount of dialogue if you have the preorder to get them early. They're not really plot relevant but they provide some fun banter with the protagonist and general commentary on the situation.

I remember them being significantly more relevant than Masaki was in X.

Velt gets Sousuke god drat Sagara to call him an idiot about women after the Huckebein and Grungust upgrade map.

Because Velt invited Lottie to go on a scouting mission alone, told her he had an important gift to give her, then it turns out the gift was just upgrade codes for the Grungust.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Blaze Dragon posted:

I hope having to find missions on the map isn't too annoying, but I imagine it's going to get me paranoid (what if I haven't checked a small part of the map and I missed a mission?!). And the in-ship missions sound interesting, beyond having ones that are just dialogue, I wonder what it'd mean to have proper gameplay inside the ship.

I sorta hope it'll be a normal mission, but you're using the pilots instead of mechs.

Have Ryoma beat a Zeon grunt to death with his bare hands.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

drrockso20 posted:

All I can remember from V is that the first couple stages with the Cross Ange cast are awful because their units are awful before getting sufficient upgrades and they force you to use them before you can do that(made even worse by the fact that they are stereotypical Real Robot units in most regards while the Dragon enemies are built like Super Robot enemies) and that one scene where Shinn calls the Cross Ange cast a bunch of terrible women

How could you forget that one chick from 00 getting so pissed off at the Cross Ange crew sniping at each other that she buys their squadron just to force them to cooperate more.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Light Gun Man posted:

outta nowhere but sometimes i wish they'd add EDF to SRW, mostly just so they can have the lady in charge of the orbital cannon who yells to keep firing and she doesn't care if it melts

Main unit is the Barga, some of the attacks are just EDF troopers coming out to shoot at the enemy like Dozle in the Big Zam.

Except the troopers have EDF weapons, so they actually deal damage.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Dance Officer posted:

Getting Great Zeorymer means you're not getting the IWSP pack, Gale in the Greimkaiser and layzner mk2. And the x-aestivalis.

It's not too terrible a price to pay. The X-aestivalis is laughably bad. IWSP is the best pack for the Strike but Kira has Freedom when you get it, so why are you still using Strike? And finally Gale is merely okay, and you can still get the much better Julia.

You also lose Gai, and on a first run he bugs out on recruitment and gets double skill points if you get him.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Zore posted:

V uses different translations for abilities/skills/spirits in different places which can be confusing. Like Valor is translated as Valor and Hot-Blooded which makes the encyclopedia hard to parse and at least one Ace upgrade seem nonsensical.

Off the top of my head, Tobia has a Valor/Hot-Blooded mixup, while Banagher says Awaken instead of Zeal.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Endorph posted:

Ikaruga is also the name of the protag's upgraded mech in Knights & Magic.

Plot twist: we're getting the actual Ikaruga.

Hi-Nu Gundam vs Stone-Like, motherfuckers :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Hunter Noventa posted:

Let's see them go way out there and toss in something from Build Fighters.

I sorta want Build Fighters as a full thing.

Cast gets isekai'd in. Good guys try to help the heroes by warning them about the villains plans and vice versa.

So you got the heroes warning the Feddies about Char buying Axis to drop it, the bad guys trying to convince Char to not leak the Psychoframe data because he'll get his rear end kicked, and all the while all the other series are throwing their own wrenches into things to throw things off the rails.