Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Idols are good, bring on Symphogear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

Symphogear S1 got into Super Heroine Chronicle for PS3 and Vita, if you can handle magical girls

Played it, even my love for symphogear couldn't get me to finish it. The queen's blade combat system is just kind of slog once you hit the late game.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

wdarkk posted:

I want IBO and 86 to debut in the same game, and I want IBO to be the bad future that results if something happens to Lena.

Come to think of it, how many robot anime have the enemy be out of control murderbots? I feel like it's fewer than you'd expect. Has Bubblegum Crisis been in SRW yet?

Monkey's paw continues to curl as Bubblegum Crisis* finally makes it into a SRW game.

*light novel version.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Willo567 posted:

I am hoping Folka will be DLC

You wa SHOCK!

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Kitfox88 posted:

I mean it is cool but also it is very scary. Robots with pupils that move around is a good way to amp up the unnerving what the fuckery

When the Mazin Emperor was revealed to be a combination of Photon Energy and Getter Rays the eyes on the thing made a whole lot more sense.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
I was relived to see Banagher despite unicorn not being a listed series.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Droyer posted:

I liked in V how you had Gaine for like, half a stage before he combined into Might Gaine. Looks like they're not doing that for J-decker which is a shame IMO.

The biggest missed opportunity from the z series is not needing to deploy a small army in order to combine into ultimate gravion.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Ashsaber posted:

So, who are people going to be beelining when 30 comes out? I'm going to pick up the Magic Knights ASAP, for sure, personally.

I'm curious if the knights & magic crew will get incremental upgrades throughout the game like in the show or if everyone will just suddenly get a new unit out of nowhere. Either way I can't wait to use everyone from Ernie's laboratory including the twins in their centaur mech.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Don't know of anything like that but in old SRW, you could get a permanently crippled Kamille if you had him kill Scirocco.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
So upon a quick attempt at trying to stream the steam version of the game to some friends, it appears that it blocks any game capture software from recording it. Not sure why I'm surprised, the console versions had this too for the built in streaming.

edit: upon further investigation this seems to be mixed. Some people can stream it just fine and others run into the same issue I am with the stream only capturing a white screen.

Ryoga fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Oct 28, 2021

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
These things happen. I remember that when X came out the dlc levels had completely different names for the dunbine crew. One patch later and they were all uniform again.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Even dendoh fell into the trap of having one form that was always used over the others. I think it was gatling boar that had the stupidly cheap attack that caused stun status on the target while still having a decently long range final attack available.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Endorph posted:

edgar and d not being included are weird ommissions, they have unique mechs and are pretty major characters. id have expected them before the prince, honestly. maybe its a VA popularity thing.

Not only is Edgar a cool character, but shield centric designs kick rear end too. I loved that his upgrade process was like Demon Souls Tower Knight > Sundowner.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
My biggest complaint about the demo is that the voice audio quality is so low that it's painful to listen to, like PS1 era bitrate bad. I'm really hoping that the final release cleans it up a bit.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Seeing an Ultimate Dancouga makes me want to finally have a playable Ultimate Gravion in a future title. Also have them both in same game with a combo attack.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
It would honestly be really cool if the first full IBO inclusion has Tekkadan as an antagonist faction. I doubt it would go over well with the mainstream though.

I just really miss the early alpha 3 Selena route which had you working with the villain factions for a few stages.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Honestly the most unrealistic part of SEED is that when it is revealed that all the racist billionaires are profiting and making poo poo up to perpetuate their war, the general population actually gathers into angry mobs at the said people's mansions and proceeds to beat the poo poo out of them.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Hunter Noventa posted:

I would not say no to a full HD remake of the Alpha series, but that certainly isn't going to happen for license reasons.

Would Alpha 1 really be the same without all the legacy winkysoft jank though?

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Endorph posted:

imo they should do a 3d srw and use nothing but anime with CG mechs but then i guess the only gundam series would be origin

Igloo motherfucker, and it would be glorious.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Say what you will about Cross Ange as a series, but it has earned its place in SRW by giving us Embryo as the most enjoyably hatable villain ever.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

chiasaur11 posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Throwing the horny almost all guys mercenaries from Iron Blooded Orphans into the same game as the horny all girl mercenaries from Cross Ange really should happen. That kind of obvious ill considered disaster doesn't show up every day.

Would Orga and Jill being able to reflect upon each other cancel out their one track minded suicide mission plans or speed them up?

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Nineball was one of the coolest secret units to unlock in Another Century's Episode R, but you had to play through that lovely game so many times with unskippable Macross Frontier cutscenes for a single bonus level that it was locked to.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Western IP in SRW? We already got Disney's Atlantis - The Lost Empire in SRWX, didn't we?

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Sometimes the teams just need to try something dumb and risky just to see how it all works out. Usually they see it sucks and they steer away from that in the future but maybe they learn positive things from it. Take Impact for example, we haven't really seen anything approaching that level of bad since then and pretty much every other ps2 game they released after that was a total banger.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Blaze Dragon posted:

I've heard lots of Impact being bad but no explanation of why. Why is it so bad? I'm really curious.

Most I can tell is that it's stupidly long.

-Huge number of stages in a single route.
-Stages with mandatory turn lengths to where you need to just start skipping turns to get enemy waves to show up.
-Possibly the worst handled reoccurring AI controlled guest unit.
-I believe this game still uses the winkysoft era damage calculations, so strong characters will be crazy powerful if used right but weak characters are pretty much useless.
-Skill equip system added a time limited resource to upgrading your pilots that could not be saved for later use.

Likely a bunch of other stuff I can't remember at the moment. It's been a long time since I played it.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Expand your horizons. I actually started playing through the Masoukishin games again. Pride of Justice is honestly not as bad as I remembered it now that I understand the AI quirks and the way the game systems differ from the usual SRW flow.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Pyroi posted:

I would honestly go hogwild for an SRW Collection.

Masoukishin 1 + 2 and 3 + F collections with actual localizations please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
The best part about UX was the lore accurate glitches.