Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!
I watched two full seasons and few episodes of season 3 and its fine, a little boring but fine. Not sure why people freak out over it when Six Feet Under was on the same channel at the same time and was actually really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
Been trying to watch this show again since everyone says its so good and it's not so good. I made a list of shows better than the sopranos so next time you think 'I want to watch sopranos' you can watch one of these instead and have a better time.

Enlightened
Six Feet Under
Hey Arnold
Bates Motel
Patriot
Desperate Housewives
Unbelievable
Baskets
The Fall
The Lost Room
Lost
Being Human
Santa Clarita Diet
Dexter
The Following
American Horror Story (most of the seasons)
Dr. Death
Little Fires Everywhere
Too Old To Die Young
Breaking Bad
Better Call Saul
Prison Break
Mr. Robot
Justified
South Park
Manhunt Unabomber
Orange Is The New Black

Feel like there should be like another 20 shows there, will work on an update.

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007

Boywhiz88 posted:

It really is. Vito’s arc aired in 2006, so written and acted in 2005. Now, I was all of 17 but I cannot tell you of any prior portrayals of gay people that were relatively human and not built out of a queen stereotype that I was aware of. Hell, I didn’t see those episodes until my 20s and I thought they were way more thoughtful.

Vito’s arc involves Tony’s take of “why can’t we let him live, he makes us a lot of money” which was fairly progressive compared to those around him.

In contrast, “Gay Witch Hunt” from the Office aired almost half a year later, and the punchline isn’t Oscar being gay but Michael’s inability to handle it. That being said, I don’t think you could make that episode in the same way today and it comes off worse than Vito’s arc.

um yeah there was a show called Six Feet Under on hbo before those episodes and it definitely beat sopranos to "treating gay people like humans" punch.