Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
everyone but paulie dies, paulie was hardcore like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Poohs Packin posted:

I know I'm probably gonna border on hyperbole here, but The Sopranos made me think about myself and my own moral fallibility more than any bit of media I've probably ever consumed save for maybe The Brothers Karamazov. Tony Soprano is by all means an absolutely deplorable man. He's violent and depraved and has a near religious adherence to his own twisted code. So why are we compelled to cheer for him?

I'd say its probably a combination of the show's accurate depictions of generational trauma and borderline personality disorder, and Gandolfini's incredible performance. You understand Tony's past, so you understand and begin to empathize with his actions even when they are terrifying and misanthropic. Gandolfinis ability to evoke empathy for an actual monster is nothing less than profound.

I stopped cheering for him when he wrecked that poor cops (yea yea acab) life for puling him over for wreckless driving

Dude had to work at home depot

also Carmella is the most evil character in the show (hello i know your husband is in prison and your losing everything but check out new my porche cayenne)

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

why do I feel so bad for Christopher when he is such a stupid piece of poo poo all the time

Because tony's an abusive manipulative oval office that used him and then disposed of him like a tissue, Chris was what Tony made him

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

mind the walrus posted:

It gave the world J.K. Simmons and absolutely nothing else.

OHHH

ehyyy

ohhh

ey.

Dean Winters.

This guy should be in way more stuff, he should be in all the stuff (yes including me wise guy)

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

AHH F/UGH posted:

I think I've decided that I'm just a sucker for period shows with really, really good sets and wardrobe (like Boardwalk Empire)

You did Rome, right? That's a show that gets overlooked way too much for how tremendous it was.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Stefan Prodan posted:

he's so good in Oz too honestly, just does not give a single gently caress about anyone. one of his very first scenes he comes into the kitchen that i think is run by like the puerto ricans maybe? and one guy is trying to menace him and he just says "yeah, whatever" and completely ignores him despite being this skinny little irish dude by himself and he's just a complete prick to everyone

Its awesome, the prisons full of these big dangerous aryan/muslim/black/mexican/mafia factions and he's casually scheming around them all. and they know it but nobody really wants to gently caress with him, because he'll just easily find a way to merk you.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

MakaVillian posted:

Wait, what? This is a guy that beat a stripper to death.

Ralphie beat the stripper to death she was a hooaa, Richie was the other rear end in a top hat (although he may also have beaten a stripper to death but i dont remember it)

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
meadows chubby college roomate with the :yosbutt:

is Chubby even right? she was just a little thick. Pawg?

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

dividertabs posted:

I think it's unfair to hate AJ more than his parents; he's just dumb. Every moment which depicts either Tony or Carmella suffering is really enjoyable.

da gutters! on da side of da roof!

... i don't know what you're talking about.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
ah gently caress now i want steak tonight

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
EYYY

OHHH

EYY OHH EYY

Ohh

eyy

Apologize to sanna !

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
i mean it was a rape scene, rape is horrific, the scene was horrific - it adds up, your not supposed to enjoy watching it. I remember same complaints about game of thrones -- 'oh that rape scene went too far, it should have been a nicer gentler rape'

also I get the arguments for just dont have rape scenes ever, i'd probably prefer that myself, nobody thats not got real issues actually likes seeing them

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Do you see what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps?

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
he did beat the poo poo out of the other guy in fairness to Arty (i know he got got back but that was satisfying)

We lead the world in computerized data collection!!

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
i mean he did literally come out of a closet to kill another guy for being gay -- sometimes the show wasnt very subtle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
I'll tell you one thing and I'm not ashamed to say it, my estimation of John Sacrimoni as a man just loving plummeted.

Also I wanted manicotti but made grill cheese on the radiator!