Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

I'm watching it now. drat those are some sad waves. :smith:

edit: 1.2 meters. Yikes.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jul 25, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Judo just started.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Baronash posted:

I keep trying to watch Taekwondo, but I honestly just can’t get excited about what seems like competitive touching.

Same. I've been wanting to catch TKD for years and years but I was always subject to it being on TV (which was just about never). I'm watching on nbcolympics now and I can watch whatever I want. I was so excited because I used to do TKD when I was younger.

I can't believe how disappointed I am watching it. It's so boring and they all just do the same thing back and forth until one gets through. It looks like they're barely trying. It's just awful.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jul 26, 2021

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Watching archery is far more interesting than I thought it would be.

Agreed. I just watched like 2+ hours of it on replay earlier. Never seen it before.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Judo live now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
The new sport Karate is on right now. Currently they are doing Kata (a form that's a series of movements based on karate moves) and they'll be doing kumite later (fighting).

I'm really impressed with the olympic version of karate. It's not incredibly crippling. They actually let them fight to a decent extent. Very light gloves and kicks and punches to the face are allowed. Much better than TKD which is what I did when I was younger.