Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

I don't understand surfing because, like, what if your run has wimpy waves and the guy after you just happens to get a tsunami

They go at the same time so they have the same wave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hope they remembered to clear all the boats out the way this time

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Jess Learmonth is tearing up the field on this swim

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Triathlon's into the running now and Flora Duffy's on track to win Bermuda's first ever gold medal while Georgia Taylor-Brown was up there with her until she got a flat tire but she's run herself back into third

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I've not watched tons of triathlons but that was the most gripping one I've ever seen, I couldn't look away

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I know the surfing hasn't had as much love as the skateboarding but I just caught highlights of the finals and when they're actually pulling off tricks it's really impressive. If they can work out some improved ways to present the sport I think it would be a really fun watch. It definitely has the same cool vibe as the skateboarding does.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rick posted:

Upset alert in 3x3 basketball, the world number one that dominated pool play, Serbia, is getting run off the court by Russia at the moment.

Game ended 21-10 to Russia, super finish

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The men's trap shooting final went down to a shootout between two Czech guys who grew up in the same city :3:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Djokovic just got knocked out of the tennis!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Djokovic also choked in the mixed doubles semis :lol:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I think we've got a really good shot at this, our team is so dang strong

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rarity posted:

I think we've got a really good shot at this, our team is so dang strong

Update: we wrecked them :getin:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Youth Decay posted:

Cross-country phase of eventing going live now till 10pm EDT (early morning because Tokyo is hot af). Wanna watch some rich fuckers get dunked into water? This is your chance.

Right on cue, first rider gets dumped.

Not sure if I should be proud of GB for three clean runs or mad because I don't get to see our posh fuckers get dunked :argh:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
GB/Spain in the hockey has gone to a shootout fml

e: We got a total shutout, Maddie Hinch is a beast

Rarity fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Aug 2, 2021

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Youth Decay posted:

"walk" They're literally all cheating lol

This is the most bullshit event in the entire Olympics

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The leader in the women's modern pentathlon had a 40 point lead going into the showjumping round but she got matched up with an rear end in a top hat horse who's just refusing to go anywhere and she's had an absolute breakdown :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Electoral Surgery posted:

You don’t get to use your own horse????

In modern pentathlon your horse is decided by random draw. This woman got matched up with a horse called Saint Boy who turned out to be a huge prick that knocked out both of its riders from the competition by refusing to go anywhere