Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Hoping for a game of thrones but I'll be very happy with a witcher or legend of the seeker.

Fun fact, the showrunner Rafe Judkins was a contestant on Survivor Guatemala, season 11. He went on to be a producer on Chuck and Agents of Shield among others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Long time book reader. I liked the series and will absolutely take it over not having one, but I do wish they'd done better. Overall, it was too rushed and they lingered overlong on the parts that were changed. They needed just a bit more time with the boys being jovial before poo poo went bad, Perrin and Mat especially. It deserved a 90 minute first episode and 1-2 more, or cut down on the funeral/warder stuff. Especially if you are just going to still Moiraine anyway.

My biggest annoyance was the women going out to meet the trolloc army. Why not just stand in front of the gates where the siege weapons and archers could support you and you have a place to fall back to if Nynaeve hadn't turned out to be able to supercharge the circle? I could almost see it if Moiraine had led them since she knows her stuff but it just seemed like bad writing.

Otherwise, lots of cool stuff. Bring on season two and here's hoping they don't get further derailed by problems outside their control.