Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Do I understand this sport at all? No. Am I enjoying it? Absolutely.

Guys and gals kicking the poo poo out of each other, this I understand.

I think it's like one point for a kick to the upper body or "trunk" and two points for a kick to the head but also sometimes they do like a little grab too and it makes it three points. I think.

Oh and all the participants get entrances, except the entrances seem to only allow 90s Jock Jams as the song.

I guess I could duckduckgo the rules, maybe later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I am watching a 17 year old from Spain just destroying the 34 year old double gold medal winner from China.

Currently up 33 to 2.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

exmarx posted:

tunisian u58 just beat the favourite in the semi-final!

Amazing. I thought the favorite was too passive the whole way and finally it caught him in the finals.

Great to see the emotion of the coach.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
drat this Adriana’s feet just seem to be magnetically attracted to her opponent’s head.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Definitely coming back to watch the finals. This was fun.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

WhiteHowler posted:

What is the loud "BEEP BOOP" sound that keeps happening in the arena? As far as I can tell it is not related to the current match I'm watching?

I thought it meant they were supposed to change out but definitely not. This is wild.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
It’s amazing how fast blue came back and took control.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Here we go

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Two finals end with scores in the last 15 seconds.

exmarx posted:

the tunisian guy is so gangly, love him

women's final is gonna be more interesting i think... adriana has a lot of energy, while panipak seemed real composed

Yeah Panipak ended up having like a slightly better strategy and ended up winning in the end. At least that is what a I think from my deep experience of watching this sport for uhhh…four hours total.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

drat

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
China and GB dudes seem to be the first opponents who legit don’t like each other.

Bradly vs Zhoa it was, a good match.

Rick fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Jul 25, 2021

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Anastasia and her coach screaming at each other :3:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

habeasdorkus posted:

HOLY gently caress the end of that Jelic/Williams gold medal bout.

Yeah this was dope. That headkick was amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Feels like the level of competition is not quite at the same level at these weight classes.