Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PIZZA.BAT)

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

alexandriao posted:

ublock origin has an element selector to zap with, and I think there are still some umatrix-like features hidden under menus, but I could be mistaken

it has the element zapper, yeah. i should dig around more, i think there was a technical reason the grid of asset types wasn't directly used anymore/merged in. I should check the hidden/expert features, i didn't think to look at those after umatrix was shelved*

it still works in ff and chrome, but there's no guarantee that pending releases won't break it in a functional way. i'm pretty sure chrome's adblock behavior changes will, if i recall some of the reasons for the discontinuation

*it sometimes gets a patch if there's a breaking issue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

frankly ad filtering has given me an obscene understanding of css rule targeting and that knowledge has been more useful as a career skill than it has any right to be

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

:unsmith:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

rodtonics :guinness:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

analog old men, running the tundra

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Kenny Logins posted:

echi you have a twitter just rt the horoney stuff you like. it's one of the nobler uses of the hellsite

several fine yosposters do that there with whatever their artistic fancy. sometimes those artists have a wide range of work and it mixes in as better suggested tweets and i see cool artwork instead of some absurd trending hashtag

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

*navigator folds space to taco bell planet*

flakeloaf posted:

bake lobster for 30 minutes

lol

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Kenny Logins posted:

iirc it's from a Maine restaurant that smokes up lobsters before boiling them with the idea it's more humane

to serve, maaan

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

finding jesus 2: hyperchrist

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Kazinsal posted:

similarly while Edgar Wright's main series of films with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are funny as hell, Spaced is incredibly funny despite (or possibly in part because of) being a low budget british television sitcom. it's clear that a single normal Edgar Wright film is higher budget than the entire two series of Spaced but gently caress if there's not a certain level of comedic charm in a single-camera sitcom that's nominally about two strangers pretending to be a couple to rent an apartment on the cheap and is shot as if it's *not* a single-camera sitcom

two's company is a solid show all told and i recently found my old copies, so it's back in the queue on my plex server. comedy shows do better with lower budgets, i feel, since they can't lean on visual gags for all the laughs. maybe that's a me thing but I feel it keeps the writing tighter and dialog more clever

that's not to say visual gags are cheap laughs or necessarily poorly executed, just that i can think of a few shows were they get a budget bump and it tips too heavily away from the punchier dialogue

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

lol for a moment it looked like her hat said SAD

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

echinopsis posted:

heres a picture of a colorful donut

that light in the water has fancy fountain on a warm evening vibes and it makes me want to smell ocean air on a breeze

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Mr. Fix It posted:

all cop cakes should be 100% fondant like this one

sally is a gun
sally is a gun
this cigar cake isn't fun
it's for a cop who's been done

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

mystes posted:

That just reminded me, I had completely forgotten about ever owning it, but I guess I played a lot of snes games like chrono trigger and ff6 for the first time in an emulator with a Sidewinder game pad, which was at least decent quality but the buttons didn't really match up well with snes controllers. I can't remember who made the other one I had that was terrible.

i remember the first pc controller I bought was a gravis gamepad pro so I could play ff vii on the pc with decent controls and i drew the ps1 shapes onto it because nothing made sense otherwise. i also played chrono cross with bleem! so it was helpful for the definitely not matching dialog instructions

when ps1 emulators got better i bought some generic (rumble?) usb dual shock controller and it was a million times better

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i lost the thumb stick immediately but idk what the goal was, to play it like atari?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

PIZZA.BAT posted:

make me a mod of this thread only and the only thing i'll do is every time a page has only text on it then every poster on that page gets probed

he did judas & jesus too and it's a shame because i remember a foregone era where you could still find that animation online. it looks like its presence has been thoroughly scrubbed from the internet though

archive.org has a copy but uh idk about linking it here. search the title in movies and it's in the middle of the results

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

if summer ran on windows it could hang all year long :xd:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

yeah i've flow through dtw too

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv8MBnBHdGs

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

came here for all the text only posting

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

mystes posted:

What I'm trying to say is that maybe the onus shouldn't be on disabled people to have to work around stuff.

what, you mean they shouldn't have to wear welders goggles in hopes of staving off a seizure midway through rainbow road when their flight got moved from b gate to c gate?

it loving sucked trying to flinch away fast enough watching tv before shows added photo sensitivity warnings

Agile Vector fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Sep 10, 2021

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

feeling animated, might complete later

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

infernal machines posted:

i used to help a former university professor who had a really bad stroke. it was the saddest most pathetic thing imaginable, so good luck with that, or, you know, go see a doctor.

idk, like, i guess the doctor can prescribe better lube or

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

i thought he came out on the set or in the dvd commentary, lol

liek he said looking at brad pitt was just too much

IBM ActualSphere

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Sagebrush posted:

the metaphor is "swords into ploughshares." what is the message she's trying to convey by turning one weapon into another weapon

grimes, making armed combat personal again

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

c2

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

hot steam sandwich

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Armitag3 posted:

Jesus 💾s

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

there's a lot to unpack here

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Fortaleza posted:

dream puss

ready hedy

Agile Vector fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Sep 21, 2021

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

still looking at this toad on the CA/OR border

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qfi9JpgMc2U

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

huhuh huhuh, pee your mind, bevis

https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/status/1440405308162011146

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

ima needa clean the toileta witha braino draino

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jonny 290 posted:

the only acceptable build for things like that are in a dorm room, with a bunch of hastily sawed 2x4's (you will be able to sharpie them up with obscenities over the years!) whanged together with drywall screws, with a couple optional 1/4" lag bolts for the real stress points

even as a dorm setup, we'd pivot the desk out partly under the bed so you can slip a mini fridge in for drinks and, as i went to a school full of likewise nerds, your desktop tower and linux server

Kenny Logins posted:

the mesh panels really make it seem punitive

lol

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i kept getting those offers and it's a $500 annual fee, to boot. just lol at a $500 paperweight rental service

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Let me introduce you to Dennis Arsehole...
:prepop:

lol that was my first thought, too

the only thing we're missing now is self-swatting-as-a-service

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Chris Knight posted:

i'm the fuel pimp

this isn't the sex and the city reboot i was expecting!

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

*carrie enters*

WARNING, INCOMING GAME

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

those dense glass headlights that'd bounce a highway rock like the pebble it is