Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PIZZA.BAT)

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

:balldo:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

echinopsis posted:

lord take me from this mortal coil before I spend more of my life making such worthless crap
https://twitter.com/rodtronics/status/1425174293957259267?s=20

hail sat…Nintendo joycons

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
most people, myself included, only consume media. having a project you work on that creates something, even if it is just for you, is pretty cool IMO.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Sagebrush posted:

as my grandpa used to say, "it's better to poo poo your pants than die of constipation."

a true goon

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

I must have this

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

NoneMoreNegative posted:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bvckuyxo5liv611/ARNORL.png.png?dl=0

^^15mb PNG on my Dropbox should be good enough for a teeprint; as always I'll rep https://www.streetshirts.co.uk as a good online printshop, I've done a shitload of tees through their service and always got top quality results.

(100% end-to-end made on my iPad with the app version of photoshop, I'm surprised it was this easy to do, even if it would have been several times faster on a proper pc)

:eyepop:
thanks! definitely getting this printed

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

how do you free hand move a stop motion puppet like that and make the movements consistent? Like in Corpse Bride, are they just guessing with each movement or is there a way to precisely measure each change?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Thanks for the info all! I tried to do it a few times in my early 20's, made a few 2 second clips and it was so loving painful I just gave up. First by manipulating a doll and then moving to the camera to click the screenshot button (which was maybe 480p?) on a camcorder, then tried with a dslr but uploading all those photos and doing batch manipulation required either some scripting knowledge or paying for something. oh the good old days.

This is really cool!

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

lmfao yes

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Vintersorg posted:

rally is so cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQDq59aNRyU

this game is really loving hard tho

its so loving good!

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
:popeye:
my p90 never could run RotR. Sometimes I'd try to re-install it knowing it wouldn't work. I never did figure out what the problem was.

perpetual blue[biomechanical]balls.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

lmao that’s a great ‘shop

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

SmokaDustbowl posted:

put the garlic sauce on my garbage sandwich thank you

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Lake of Methane posted:

let me help get you up to speed on what you may have missed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPAZvxmLfcQ

lmfao did somebody steal an after effects template from espn?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

lmao

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
l

[/quote]

did he just summon a basketball hell Yao

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

lol

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Ocean of Milk posted:

On the other hand Baudrillard, whose philosophy was the basis for the movie, said they got it basically completely wrong: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf9J35yzM3E

thanks for this! I didn’t know the author of that book actively disliked the movies, but after watching that it makes sense. I thought it would be about how supposedly WB made the wachowskis’s dumb down the reason why the machines enslaved mankind as it was too complex.

I think the original matrix is still incredible, but the sequels really show how flawed the entire premise is. watching the very clear differences between the real and simulated was just not that interesting, whereas the Animatrix episodes were largely great because it showed only a glimpse of people peaking behind the curtains (be it through luck or sheer will).

since we haven’t seen any Zion bullshit in the matrix 4 promos I’m hoping Lana learned this lesson.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

polyester concept posted:

when I was a kid I thought the roller blade scene in the mighty ducks movie was the coolest :angel:

that’s because it was friend.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
you could eat under the table all stealthy like!

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I'm detective john kimble!

lmao

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Jenny Agutter posted:

joining the church of normanism. getting really into the book of Norman

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

FMguru posted:

mormons also get a boost for joining the cia/nsa because a lot of them have (through missionary work) experience living overseas and speaking foreign languages

and the govt loves to hire american govt men who think their country is uniquely innocent and holy because 1.) the garden of eden is in missouri and 2.) earth is actually the celestial kingdom of god, the highest level of exaltation.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Jonny 290 posted:

thats my desk i just really liked the shot

ASMR soldering?

I’d watch it.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

SmokaDustbowl posted:

when people see my regdate

:chanpop:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

me every time i try to use GIT

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Armitag3 posted:

the reality

Bluemillion posted:

Dookie Monster.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

canyoneer posted:

your nasa polo is pretty cool though

lol

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Truman Peyote posted:

another guy i knew in university kept his bedside table's drawer lined with a garbage bag. if he had to vom in the night he would open the drawer, puke into it, and close it. the next morning he would throw it out and replace it.

steve balmer orign story

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

pastor of muppets posted:

dead mall chat reminded me to hang a print today that I bought months ago

come to think of it I’ve got a few paintings/prints that are pretty YOSPOS, including some photography from Dan Bell:

those are very awesome

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

PIZZA.BAT posted:

i've maintained for years now that i'll switch to apple music as soon as they have a windows client that isn't a dumpster fire. apple. please

are you suggesting iTunes for windows isn’t amazing!?

I just made the switch and it’s pretty ghetto I need a tab open in my browser to stream music but here we are. there’s also no Xbox client yet :argh:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

KoRMaK posted:

https://i.imgur.com/HaJu6Mr.mp4
you could play it like a trumpet to get different options more than just the 3

thats the coolest poo poo i've ever seen. and I saw dredd 3d

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

rotor posted:

i really really really hate how software engineering has turned into installing and configuring other peoples tools.

yeah but then we’d all have to actually learn to program if it involved ‘making stuff’

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

rotor posted:

you dont get to say what people are, that's not how this works.

Typical soy sal talk

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

babbies first adderall