Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PIZZA.BAT)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Well, actually...

Lol @ absentee baseball mod closing the thread two days and three pages after the argument cooled off, when it was already back on track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Well, actually...

extremely would

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Well, actually...

Jonny 290 posted:

i had a walk-in shower room like that at a house we rented and it was absolutely the fuckin coolest and best thing, unironic

they look neat but i feel like if you slipped and fell against the wall you'd get road rash. probably hard to keep the mold out of all the crevices too.

i suppose you can make a walk in shower without the brick walls.

yeah those have been showing up all over aliexpress recently. at first i thought they were cutdowns from flawed 1080p panels maybe? recoup cost like binning silicon? but now they've started saying "automotive display" so there must be some new cars out there with long LCD strips in the dashboard.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001424188125.html

35 dollars for the panel, 60 with driver board. 60hz ips too. i'm tempted to get one for no reason

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Well, actually...

maurice lamarche is part of the intangible cultural heritage of humanity

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Well, actually...

echinopsis posted:

is 40oz coke normal in the US????

yeah lol that one isn't even drastically tapered. you should see the really big ones. they make the bottom skinny so it still fits in a standard cupholder, but the top is so tall and wide it hits the dashboard and won't stand up straight.

the biggest one there holds a full 2 litres.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Well, actually...

mediaphage posted:

idk where you are but parts of canada still use this term i think especially for milk that isn't skim/1/2

yeah, it's just the canadian term for whole (>3.5%) milk.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Well, actually...

flakeloaf posted:

:agreed:

the best frank zappa song was not written or performed by frank zappa

this is also true for devo

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Well, actually...

this photo always gets me because it's obvious that elon isn't standing where he's supposed to. here is my 30 second photoshop of what the photographer probably intended, because 30 seconds is already 30 times as long as i can tolerate looking at this guy's bloated face

better framing, better balance, can't see the backdrop hangers at the top of the room, etc. but clearly ol' musky decided that he had to be taller than everyone else in the room and stand on a countertop. he told everyone it was wacky and that the reader would love it cause he's a funny guy. you can hear him saying it, can't you?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Well, actually...

since the cjs thread got goldmined, I collected all of the creative loud butter artwork so it's all in one place.

fart simpson posted:

Video Nasty posted:

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Video Nasty posted:

hbag applying butter to toast in the morning

rotor posted:

PokeJoe posted:

please someone tell me what video software to pirate
https://i.imgur.com/WaVwPZC.mp4

Video Nasty posted:

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Video Nasty posted:

carry on then posted:

mystes posted:

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

Workaday Wizard posted:

PLAY IT LOUD!

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

rotor posted:

hbag posted:

Cold on a Cob posted:

hbag posted:

rotor posted:

i cleaned this up a bit cause i was in a rush last time and didnt see the selection artifacts

PokeJoe posted:

i found some free vid software w no watermark (davinci resolve)
https://i.imgur.com/nrAshW0.mp4

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Well, actually...

it's a joke about how you peel apart velcro without anyone hearing the velcro.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Well, actually...

i recently learned that this famous picture

is literally ben shapiro. unbelievable

also i bet that's a regular size katana isn't it lmfao

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Well, actually...

small small ben with the dry dry wife

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Well, actually...

i'm also a fan of this

(it's 12.8 million years at $7.50/hr 40hr/wk, fwiw)

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Aug 1, 2021

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Well, actually...

https://twitter.com/DaveOshry/status/1346345444591374336?s=20

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Well, actually...

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lmao masseuse doing the fast chopping knife hands thing and rotors rear end sounding like a duck going over a cattle grid

I love the imagery these forums come up with sometimes.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Well, actually...

paging ms. crabcakes

https://i.imgur.com/sxYAedD.mp4

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Well, actually...

here are some olympic pole vaulters chilling in the steeplechase pit

https://i.imgur.com/qmkwtMY.mp4

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Well, actually...

i loving love chainsaws. i don't like cutting down trees but once one is on the ground, hell yeah let me at it. they are so fun

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Well, actually...

Progressive JPEG posted:

we got a bunch of stuff on the stihl ap300 battery system over the last year or so
- chainsaw
- pole saw
- lawnmower

the chainsaw needs chain oil and regular sharpening but thats about it, and very lightweight without any idle noise or vibration since its effectively just a motor on a 227Wh battery

how long would it take you to cut through, say, a fallen 18" pine with that?

it's about 30 seconds with a 50cc gas saw but if electric ones are getting near that performance i'd take a closer look

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Well, actually...

akadajet posted:

i like noctua because they charge extra for morons who want their computer components to be all black or whatever.

yeah lol. they claim it's because the black plastic is "more difficult to engineer with the required performance" as if that isn't something polymer chemists have had figured out for fifty years. it's actually just an extra charge to remove the branding

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Well, actually...

echinopsis posted:

all these battery posts have me re-evaluating the way I feel about battery tools

have they gotten better in the last 27 years or something

if you are still using a 12v ni-cad power drill, get your hands on a 18v lithium system and prepare to have your mind blown. batteries are vastly better today than they were even ten years ago, let alone 30.

i still don't think they are up to 2-stroke engine power-to-weight ratios, though. gasoline is the queen of fuels

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Well, actually...

fun fact: all the 18v and 20v battery systems are identical. 18v is the nominal 50% charge voltage for a 5-in-series lithium pack, 20v is at 100% charge. some marketers figured out that they could capture the MORE NUMBER BIGGER market by quoting a different part of the charge cycle. :eng101:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Well, actually...

rotor posted:

before i let my lawn die because of the drought i had a reel mower and it was nice. Not much more effort than a gas one if you kept it oiled and sharp, and a lot more peaceful. But of course my lawn was small, its not something I'd do for a huge suburban lawn.

if i had a lawn i think i would heap up piles of dirt on it before planting grass so that it was a bunch of little rolling hills. flat is stupid. also i would plant that wild beach grass that gets long and soft in tufts instead of dumb golf course grass.

then i would allow it to fill with groundhogs. lovely

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Well, actually...

sagebrush effortlessly denies rotor the quad

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Well, actually...

rotor posted:

gopher the protocol: very good imo

gopher the animal: gently caress those things

the house two down from mine has a dead lawn completely full of gopher holes and one time i was talking to the neighbor while a gopher kept popping out and dumping loads of dirt. they're lovely

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Well, actually...

https://i.imgur.com/ycyL8lk.mp4

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Well, actually...

just steal a light switch from a construction site then

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Well, actually...

Vintersorg posted:

for Kung fu movies on YouTube slow down the action by .5 to see the real speed since they sped everything up

itís still goddamn impressive

except for bruce lee scenes. there you have to speed them up 1.5x to see how fast he really was

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Well, actually...

rotor posted:

Miatas I'd Like to F*ck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u76fEb0o3vA

this was in a kids' movie

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Well, actually...

echinopsis posted:

once I had this idea for a bass machine...

a massive subwoofer amp might be what? a few kilowatts?

what if we just took a huge few hundred horsepower engine, and geared it down sufficiently and directly drove an equivalent of a speaker off a huge crankshaft like thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_Air-raid_Siren

quote:

Built during the Cold War era from 1952 to 1957 (second generation) by Chrysler, its power plant contained a newly designed FirePower Hemi V8 engine with a displacement of 331 cubic inches (5.42 l) and producing 180 horsepower (130 kW).[1]

They are 12 feet (3.7 m) long, built atop a quarter section of a Dodge truck chassis rail, and weigh an estimated 3 short tons (2.7 t). Its six horns are each 3 feet (91 cm) long. The siren has an output of 138 dB(C) (30,000 watts), and can be heard as far as 25 miles (40 km) away.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Well, actually...

infernal machines posted:

i really want to know what their software did to send video clips by email in 2001

A thirty second 160x120 AVI was probably doable back then.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Well, actually...

hold up. the teams are actually called the Carp and the Ham Fighters?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Well, actually...

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

The funny thing about regret is that it's better to regret the things you have done than to regret the things you haven't done.

as my grandpa used to say, "it's better to poo poo your pants than die of constipation."

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Well, actually...

i smell like wood smoke and oiled leather.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Well, actually...

why do the public/indie stations get the low end of the dial?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Well, actually...

President Beep posted:

i actually live in pittsburgh so i had to spoof my location there

i drove through kalamazoo a few weeks ago and when i saw the sign i was like "...this is beep territory"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Well, actually...

https://i.imgur.com/IHYfA6k.mp4

it's amazing that birds of prey eat, like, literally tens of millions of these things a year

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Well, actually...

the patron saint of yospos

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Well, actually...

Isp is stored in the balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Well, actually...

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

did someone say torx???

lmao that you can buy t-shirts with this on: sagebrush made it from my post in a previous version of the thread. possibly my greatest contribution to modern culture.

:hfive: