Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PIZZA.BAT)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/Uv2qU2b.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

More than 24,000 people are employed at the property. The mall receives about 32 million visitors per year; it attracts between 90,000 and 200,000 shoppers daily, depending on the day and season.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

*thoughtfully studying blackboard* hmm, what do you think, dmitriy? four transistors ought to do it?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

infernal machines posted:

a guy in a spandex suit doing a jig to distract from the fact that the engineers just admitted that the product they've been selling for thousands of dollars for most of the last decade doesn't, can't, and won't exist.

well, hindsight is 20/20. there's no way anyone could have predicted it would turn out like this. no harm no foul

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i know what a floppy disk is and the doctor says i got a few more years until i have to start getting the tube up the bum.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

both my parents died of cancer (not colon but i guess it doesn't matter) so he says i have to start earlier.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/6vXEiur.mp4

with sound

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

mediaphage posted:

one issue with prescribing fibre is that a lot of doctors are bad at nutrition and even when it’s brought up often don’t know the difference between the options...at which point how is a patient supposed to be able to manage

How hard is it to tell someone / comply with "eat a big bowl of shredded wheat for breakfast every day"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

akadajet posted:

breakfast cereal sucks just eat a real breakfast

probably like 80% of the planet eats cereal for breakfast (i am including porridge and porridge-like cooked grain foods as cereal)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

alexandriao posted:

Ah, that's harder because tablet manufacturers only guarantee equality of dose across the axis that the pill is intended to be split

So if you quarter a pill that's intended to be halved, the actual contents of each quarter could vary wildly, which is a problem if you need to take the exact same dose every day or if you're trying to spread it out over N time period

what sort of pill-manufacturing technology allows the tablet to have a heterogeneous dispersion of the active ingredient?

i assumed they mixed it all up in a batch like play-doh and pressed the mixture into pill shapes. there's no mixing technique that would result in what you're describing. do they make the pills beforehand out of neutral cornstarch etc and then put a drop of active ingredient liquid on each one, or something?

wtf

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

echinopsis posted:

*mixing some sugar and flour to make cookies*
I suppose trying to disperse a few mg into tablets evenly is easy as this. in fact probably even easier!

- sagebrush while riding his motorcycle

Just mix for longer. It's physics

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

echinopsis posted:

the problem is that drug molecules might have a higher affinity for one another than the medium
you’re trying to disperse them. mixing them for longer might just bring more and more in contact with another and end up with a big blob of drug

this is why clandestine tablets are so risky

instead of 100 x 100mg mdma tablets you get 99x97mg tablets and one with 400mg and the person who randomly got that one died on tuesday

That's neato. How do they actually distribute accurate sub-milligram doses into a tablet then

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i'm just glad someone finally invented a proper sci fi robot shoulder joint.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i'm not sure yet if i'm the fake private jet instagram set, the non-euclidean suit button, or the huawei laptop

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

so did your teacher just not wait to see the RAM CLEARED screen or

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU2AIxkxiwg&t=600s

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

he hands so smol

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it is the ball thing that stabs you in the hand from the Tank Girl movie

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

It's only a bad word if you live on knifecrime island. Nobody in the real world cares

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Sombrerotron posted:

what, did that get hijacked by nazis to refer to non-nazis instead?

no, they just started using it themselves as a badge of honor. "deplorable" is not a word they would use day to day anyway so it's somewhat divorced from its meaning.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i haven't heard that "cosmopolitan" is a term we aren't supposed to use any more and i have to admit it is a little exhausting.

i assume it's something like this?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i'm the um. geiger-muller tube

i wonder if it's funnier this way, or the reverse

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

this is a computer one because of context

https://i.imgur.com/ALNvJmA.mp4

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Shala posted:

any bodily motion can actually negate that, like if you play Alyx and turn on normal wasd type motion and just move around but kinda lightly jog in place (again from my testing and i get motion sick irl real easy)

supposedly just vibrating your inner ear is enough to make your brain think you're in motion. so strap a dildo to your head and go nuts

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

rotor posted:

the whole memento mori thing is very very good to me

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i don't call people dude but i use "you guys" universally for a group of people

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

mystes posted:

Here in not-pittsburgh, it's been pretty cool the last two days so it really feels like summer ended all of a sudden overnight.

Here in crazy mixed-up San Freakcisco, it's finally getting warm after the frigid mist and fog we get every summer

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I assumed :thejoke:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Yeah sorry about that. I made a big bean casserole last night

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Kenny Logins posted:

ireland wasn't so much known for high volume potato production traditionally lol

it is time to tell everyone again that the irish had more than enough food to feed their nation during the potato famine, but england was taking all of it

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Large Testicles posted:

i wonder when exactly it was that america took over the World Wide Most Hated Champion belt over the brits

reagan era, like everything else

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

take it to hellworld

that had better not be your fuckin soldering iron jonny

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

psiox posted:

my soldering iron's tip became gross after like 15 minutes, really pissed me off

still works great though, love you ts100

if it looks like in that picture you're running it way too hot

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

i had this old hippy of a coworker who simply wouldn’t shut up about how he and his partner conceived their child on summer solstice

i feel like the only way you could be sure of this would be to gently caress all day on the solstice and then abstain for like a week on each end right? so you only get one shot

and if it doesn't work, you gotta wait for next year

Jonny 290 posted:

have you ever been around southern baptists that were either trying to have a kid or pregnant

all they talk about is loving lol

within 30 minutes of chitchat at an acquaintance's house i knew their exact bang schedule, what MLM vitamins they were taking to try to enhance fertility, who was on top, and how big the hole in the sheet was

i assume that's because it's the only time they're allowed to talk about loving

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/3dN49Pm.mp4

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i like it

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

echinopsis posted:

Im not sure if that’s why it is why it is but if it is it shows a huge level of insight into how people use their hands while doing real gaming

the xbox controller was literally designed alongside and specifically for halo, which was the first modern console shooter, so yeah it's gonna be good for 3d gaming.

playstation controllers in contrast are still a 2d-focused design dating back to the SNES with analog sticks glued on the bottom. sure it's visually symmetrical but it's obviously inferior for the way the sticks are used.

nintendo just does whatever the gently caress nintendo does but they appear to have settled on a very similar layout to xbox on their current stuff.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Nuts and Gum posted:

how do you free hand move a stop motion puppet like that and make the movements consistent? Like in Corpse Bride, are they just guessing with each movement or is there a way to precisely measure each change?

these days with digital cameras you just set your software to overlay the last few frames with semi-transparency so you can compare them. traditional painted animation does the same thing with tracing paper.

in harryhausen's case he couldn't do this of course since it was all on film. he was just a master.

i could imagine that in the heyday of practical effects they might have had other optical aids, like say dropping a sheet of glass between the model and the camera and drawing on it with a grease pencil to mark locations, then pulling it out of the way afterwards. those 1970s-80s special effects houses had some incredible contraptions

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Sep 7, 2021

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

cool hack 2 post while u drive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieJUP9O9RG8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

FMguru posted:

my ridiculous daydream of what to do when i win the powerball involves reopening a factory to make vector crts and manufacturing and selling replica vectrex systems and tempest arcade games (and losing $50 million in the process)

e: image tax

Idk why you'd make replicas. The games looked really cool but actually sucked to play.

However I would like to see what could be pulled off with a vector graphics display and a modern graphics card.