Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PIZZA.BAT)

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Weird Al was Boba Fett?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

isn't that a model F?

It's a keyboard used for an IBM server, not a Model F or M.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Netcomm and Banksia modems were the best, even gave US Robotics/3Com modems a run for their money.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

rotor posted:

angelyne was the first person I'm aware of who was famous for being famous, shes like the ur-Kardashian

I guess the same could be said about Samantha Fox

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Progressive JPEG posted:

i wonder if it gets awkward at the places where the lines cross

like if one of the earlier/lower ones needs to get lifted out for maintenance or smth does it just mean that all the others on top of it get dragged out too?
Tons of Dymo labels

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Chris Knight posted:

post it on Twitter and wait for someone to reply "I need this on a t-shirt" :xd:

I have/had that watch. Not sure if I still have it. It was great during the 90s storing friends phone numbers

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The doors to a set of racks in one building of my workplace open up into the men's toilet.

Patching a wall port after someone had taken a monster dump wasn't pleasant

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

mystes posted:

You mean you literally have to go into the bathroom to get to them? I'm just trying to picture how this would be laid out.

sorry for the slow reply.

There was an actual rack room for these racks. It had its own entrance, but you could only see the rear of the switches and patch panels. The racks were setup so they were facing another set of doors, which opened up into the men's toilets.

Stringing network cable from the patch panels to the switches themselves was a loving pain as the patch panels were accessible from one door, and the rack from another door, so you had to push cables blindly from one door way to the next.

If you turned the racks 180 degrees then no one would have to enter the male toilets, plus make it 1000 times easier to remove faulty switches. But no.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Goth Cancer

now that's Goth as gently caress

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

echinopsis posted:

I hope not

e: I am trying to be extremely aware and not post anything someone would have a problem with but I am hoping discussing the overall empire is ok

Ah sir, this is the computer related images thread

Only registered members can see post attachments!

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

sign me up

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Bluemillion posted:

Since cases are standardized, you could just go ahead and put a modern gaming PC in there. Nobody would steal the thing. Just a matter of what to rig the turbo button to.

That will be an AT case, no ATX motherboard will fit in there without major work to the rear of the case, as well as getting an ATX power supply to fit

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

psiox posted:

when you're out at a welcome dinner and your new boss shares a bad take about pronouns, etc.

nice hair on Pete Postlethwaite there

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

poor Linux Archduke

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

dare devil butterfly

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

That poor trash panda :(

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The C65 prototypes go for ridiculous money, and even the new FPGA C65s are mega expensive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Where's wossname, they'll be all over this.

ShadowHawk?