Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PIZZA.BAT)

Ocean of Milk
Jun 25, 2018

oh yeah

Ocean of Milk fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jul 24, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ocean of Milk
Jun 25, 2018

oh yeah

Ocean of Milk
Jun 25, 2018

oh yeah

https://i.imgur.com/a4hBrnc.gifv
Edit: damnit, un-giffing ruined it. Original:

Ocean of Milk
Jun 25, 2018

oh yeah
lol at flamingo lady on the right

Ocean of Milk
Jun 25, 2018

oh yeah

alexandriao posted:

I think it's extremely ironic that as soon as we have technology to be able to have videos and phone calls with anyone at any time, it's become standard to text first and that everything should be done through text.

I've really come to like the record-a-message feature that I guess is in all modern messengers by now. It's like texting, except with voice. It's asynchronous, so

• you can make a longer point (it's insane how much you can actually say in like, 3 minutes of audio) because you can't be interrupted
  • you can think about what exactly you want to say instead of having to come up with something sensible on the spot
  • it's persisted in a manner that people might actually hear it back (even if a regular meeting has been recorded, nobody goes back and listens to it)

but it's also audio, i.e.

• you can add sublety and tone that is hard to put into text (particularly if you're unsure about what you're saying, talking is much more forgiving than text)
  • it's way faster to produce! This post which would have taken like 2 minutes of audio took me probably 10 minutes to type out on the phone (flipside is that text is way faster to consume)

Ocean of Milk
Jun 25, 2018

oh yeah
We always have cams turned off and I don't quite get why, it makes it much easier to distract yourself with other poo poo.

Ocean of Milk
Jun 25, 2018

oh yeah

I'm the ANAL-OGIES

Ocean of Milk
Jun 25, 2018

oh yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txj6ROnIUIo

Ocean of Milk
Jun 25, 2018

oh yeah

What is that skeleton doing to its shutter!?

E:

Ocean of Milk fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Aug 29, 2021

Ocean of Milk
Jun 25, 2018

oh yeah
Obviously cum

Ocean of Milk
Jun 25, 2018

oh yeah

Ocean of Milk
Jun 25, 2018

oh yeah

echinopsis posted:

i’m just so glad we haven’t got liquid cheese

Eat Fondue :c00lbert:

Ocean of Milk
Jun 25, 2018

oh yeah
The 6800 miles coin from the hitchhiker's guide but it's a credit card.

Ocean of Milk
Jun 25, 2018

oh yeah

echinopsis posted:

alright adding that to my 300mb jokes_I_dont_get.bat

That lady had a kid not so long ago.

Ocean of Milk
Jun 25, 2018

oh yeah

>:(

Gifs are so stupid

Ocean of Milk
Jun 25, 2018

oh yeah
Boo for cropping put the action to the left :colbert:

Ocean of Milk
Jun 25, 2018

oh yeah

Achmed Jones posted:

from my (not first hand) experience, private schools are more likely to just give somebody a student that's failing an A than to kick them out for bringing down the average

I'd wager that which of these options is taken depends on the parents' economic and social background.

Ocean of Milk
Jun 25, 2018

oh yeah
Woah at still being sensitive enough to notice certain applications being slower or faster than others. It's an all-perpuating slog, every tool takes 2 seconds to display 500 bytes of actual data, who cares if this other one takes 4, I don't care anymore, that's just the way she goes, buddy. It's progress they say.
Nothing matters, face to jira or embrace escapism by playing with your apple ][ or something.

Ocean of Milk
Jun 25, 2018

oh yeah
why did they not simply make him trip with their sticks

Ocean of Milk fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Nov 6, 2021

Ocean of Milk
Jun 25, 2018

oh yeah

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

it seems like a real problem to me but not one we've been able to solve so far

If the problem is walking around in VR, I recently was at this kind of place:

A big empty space, PC on the back, battery packs. Sensors on hand and feet. It works surprisingly well, like we could do a zombie shooter with some quick moving about and you don't run into other people at all. Of course there were a lot of elevator/train segments to simulate movement because the room was limited in size but otherwise this works.

Ocean of Milk
Jun 25, 2018

oh yeah
On the other hand Baudrillard, whose philosophy was the basis for the movie, said they got it basically completely wrong: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf9J35yzM3E

Ocean of Milk
Jun 25, 2018

oh yeah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx8sl2uC46A

Ocean of Milk
Jun 25, 2018

oh yeah
Jordan Peterson bullshit was 4 years ago!?
gently caress time.

Ocean of Milk
Jun 25, 2018

oh yeah

Salt Fish posted:

My friends and I played this game in board game simulator as a drinking and yelling at each other game and we ended up making a deck of cards for it.

We ended up with a deck of like ~40 cards and all of them were super OP so the games never ended and eventually we gave up playing it

There's a variant called Dog in my country that uses regular cards and it's fun af.

There's also extra pieces for adding two more players.

Ocean of Milk
Jun 25, 2018

oh yeah
Same except I start work at 11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ocean of Milk
Jun 25, 2018

oh yeah
https://twitter.com/mphproject/status/1482075706846818317?s=21