Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PIZZA.BAT)

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

RokosCockatrice posted:

i don't even know old people who still have CRTs

lmao I was thinking that too. Worst case they have a tiny 4:3 Dell LCD from 2005.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

lol

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

So just wear it on the sabbath ffs

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

Sagebrush posted:

*thoughtfully studying blackboard* hmm, what do you think, dmitriy? four transistors ought to do it?

lol

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

lmao

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

God, imagine being the kind of 16 year old who actually know who any of those people are.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

Kazinsal posted:

they’re called “future school shooters”

:(

:( :(

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

echinopsis posted:

when you got kids that are like 10-12 you kinda just find out about this poo poo

I can't tell if you were just missing context in this post or if your 10-12 year olds in NZ are actually into Ben Shapiro and related alt-right grifters?

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

solid attempt but didn't quite stick the landing

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

Y'all are way overthinking the Timbler. It's a shitpost from a twitter guy who makes funny photoshops of old video games.

This one is about the Shambler, from Quake, wearing Timberlands. Hence Timbler.

Quake got a remastered release last week by Night Dive Studio. Their in-house engine for porting old games to modern platform is called Kex.

The black guy is the protagonist from Shadow Man, which was a recent release ported to Kex engine. He just called it kek because before the world was brain poisoned that was a way to say lol and it's a reasonable pun on kex.

The twitter guy is named Kino Fabino and his content is wholesome for fans of boomer shooters and I will not have you cynical assholes ruin that for me.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

Chris Knight posted:

this meme is not for me
fair!

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

"y'all are overthinking it" I cry as I post thousands of words about how this meme is not in fact racist

I get what you mean though and agree that 4chan ruins everything

Mannnn, yeah, I've seen these posts in a vacuum, where it's all just PC game dorks who still spaz out over games released in 1996. It's so far removed from all this toxic gamer poo poo that's everywhere else. It's my happy place. Don't bring that poo poo into my happy place!

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

PIZZA.BAT posted:

the difference is pepe was originally wholesome while kek was toxic chud garbage from the getgo

No, it came from WoW. They filtered language in the game's chat so that the two factions of the game couldn't directly communicate. "lol" became "kek". It was fine for years until 4chan shitheads did the same poo poo they did to Pepe.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

https://wowwiki-archive.fandom.com/wiki/Kek

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

Sagebrush posted:

It's only a bad word if you live on knifecrime island. Nobody in the real world cares

I'm not saying my knowledge of commonly used words with horrifically offensive origins is perfect, but this would be the first that I have heard of that being considered a slur.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

Would seem so:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spastic
I grew up in the US where I never actually heard it used in relation to palsy. It has always been "over-excited weird nerd". I'll probably be more careful about that going forward, but that's the intent with which I used it in that post.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

This is like homegrown British Napoleon Dynamite poo poo

aka hbag (BAZINGA!!!!!!!!)

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

Shifty gimbal posted:

Xenogears map extractor:
https://www.xenogearsmapviewer.com/Post?onPage=50&page=1

These look incredible for PS1. They baked all of the shadows right into the textures.

zoomed on a corner of that last one to appreciate the use of every dang texel.

Owns. Underappreciated game.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

Sagebrush posted:

tell me you don't change diapers without telling me you don't change diapers

lol

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Schrodingers CAT-6e

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

Bad rear end!!!!!!!

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

:same:

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

:yeshaha:

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

I barely watch TV these days but I would absolutely rewatch The Good Place start to finish again. It's so loving good.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

ultravoices posted:

the satanic panic never ended

Mullet and a blazer, what a legend

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

" NO REFUND'S ON NEWS APPS, JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE THE STORIES "

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

Sagebrush posted:

every time someone posts about how you have to start looking for day care a year before you get pregnant and oh boy prepare to spend 3x your rent on it, i just get this bad feeling that maybe there are some assumptions being made that nobody's talking about.

I don't have personal experience with thus search yet, but there is legitimately a crunch for childcare workers and it's limiting daycare spaces across the spectrum. Childcare in America is absolutely hosed. It's part of why Biden has focused on universal pre-k as part of his agenda.

You're spot on about a lot of people's attitudes towards school and education in general, but the pre-k childcare situation is legitimately dire.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

When we were buying our house, my boss looked at the zillow listing and saw the school ratings, and the middle school was like a C or something. He legit said to me "well, it seems like a nice neighborhood... and maybe by the time your kid's in middle school you can figure something else out!" lmfao my wife went to one of the worst ranked high schools in Ohio and is a successful PhD working in industry now, gently caress right off

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

Achmed Jones posted:

lmao that's basically a bootstraps argument

e; was responding to shoeberto

like, you don't have to feel bad about it but "my wife did a horatio alger" is maybe not the best basis on which to infer "therefore it is easy to do"

I wasn't implying it's easy to do, just that it's an rear end in a top hat thing for my boss to imply that a C-rated public school is something to be avoided. It's not the end-all be-all in life.

The attitude of people assuming they need to move hell and high water to get their kids into the absolute best of the best absolutely drives me insane. It's entitled and elitist and most people in their lives will never have an opportunity to have that sort of choice. It's offensive to me to suggest that my kid's path in life is somehow going to be impeded by it.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

boyce really stepping up his art game

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

It's not even that they didn't read the book, they didn't watch the movie either.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

now THESE I can ponder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

Japanese people are so zany!!!