Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PIZZA.BAT)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
do not gently caress this one up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i had a walk-in shower room like that at a house we rented and it was absolutely the fuckin coolest and best thing, unironic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMouFincJRk
1920x480 :eyepop:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Sagebrush posted:

they look neat but i feel like if you slipped and fell against the wall you'd get road rash.

i feel if you're slipping in the shower regularly you have larger concerns that require medical professionals, but yeah i do get it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
wouldnt know, i'm not some fast food eater

e: image content:

currently researching how to reverse polarity on LCD motorcycle speedometers

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

infernal machines posted:

invert the polarizer

yeah its looking like a backlight swap for amber LED and polarizer switch will git r done. I am not sure how tear-down-a-ble my current speedo is

not mine, just showing that this is a Thing in bikeland

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

yep its real. comp gamers on mobile platforms use em i think?

be interesting if a setup like this would allow one to charge a phone faster. lol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

The Mary Kay Letourneau Story (2010)

holy poo poo lmao

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
dont post lies

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
god drat you.

aaaaaah

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

infernal machines posted:

it's a NUC compute element, basically a full i7 system on a pci-e card for use in the new NUC platform

ngl i have been casually eyeing this architecture and as soon as i can load my ryzen with three i7 SBC cards and post some extremely troll mode spec screenshots i am in i do not really care how much it costs

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
malls were invented 5000 years ago just so they'd have a place to sell that knife

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
video chat has always been and will always be terrible

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i dont like video chat b/c it brings all the stress of inviting somebody over with none of the satisfaction of being able to have a dinner or play some board games

i get that some people are more inclined to like it though

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Lake of Methane posted:

Are you telling me the tech disruptors have reinvented "voicemail?"

but more passive-aggressive!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lmao masseuse doing the fast chopping knife hands thing and rotors rear end sounding like a duck going over a cattle grid

help lmao

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yep

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

mediaphage posted:

ok these rideshare drivers are getting ridiculous

real pic of a new tow truck install

those are only 9 of 21 total radios installed in that truck.

Logic being that tow truck calls are a race, as soon as they hear a wreck called out on cop radios they haul rear end as fast as they can to be first

scanners might have enough delay that they lose the race

hence, twenty-one motorola spectras it is (those are gonna run $200-1000 each btw)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

cows wont walk over em

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
come visit and we'll go up mt evans (14,265' / 4348m) and say hi to the goats

they're chill and used to people

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Kazinsal posted:

that van has definitely narrowly evaded amber alerts on multiple occasions

CUYAHOGA COUNTY FAMILY COURT ARE CHILD KIDNAPPERS

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i can't remember to book an eye appointment but i will never forget PEG-NR70V. the things i waste neurons on.

this was so dope

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
people have taken the noctua fans as a starting point and it ends up being very attractive imo

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i still say they should make power supplies that turn battery tools into plug-ins so you have the option. switchers are cheap and yes i know the currents involved. its not that big of a deal. your PC's power supply puts out plenty.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

DELETE CASCADE posted:

you know i never thought of that, but now that you say it, someone must have tried it and given up after every single tool manufacturer separately threatened to sue them into the ground

absofuckinlutely

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i got given a real good switch that i need to hook up

one of these

gonna wire it up for an "end zoom" button. mechanism is neat. turn it 1/4 turn to reset, pops back out.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

mediaphage posted:

couldn't you still use that case with a µATX board and a gpu riser cable to mount it perpendicularly

that's the type of rig where, yes, if you want to break out a dremel (really dont gently caress around and get a bigger rotary tool, dremels actually suck for case mods imo) and a drill and files and have a place where you can do case mods and yeet metal shavings everywhere, yeah....you could make it work. i guess i'm old though because i dont super wanna gently caress with that stuff any more

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
chainsaws rule and my brother is extremely skilled with one to the point that we went camping once and he brought a 6" cube of cherry and chipped it out with the chainsaw so we could smoke fish over it

yes he'll eventually have seven fingers but for now he's badass

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
if u gotta fight a small monkey, bring a little knife and then a big knife. go at em with the little knife first. when they inevitably steal the little knife you pull out the big one and they'll be all oh poo poo motherfucker i'm hosed now aaaaaaah

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
https://twitter.com/jonny290/status/1424825167214088207

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
luddites didn't 'hate technology' anyways. they hated what technology did to their livelihoods

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

gently caress it, leaving it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08mGwpDUxTQ

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

graph posted:

i wonder what happened with terribleterribleterrible :(

i loved this comic so

it was an Art

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Achmed Jones posted:

echi is regretting his hobby of trolling yospos

its ok echi

i have a bid on a radio like this (not quite as good condition, though) and i really hope i win it. it's cool

hah i have one of those

i also have a realistic mta-8 which is like a 70% scaled down one

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

rotor posted:

is there even anything on the radio any more?

of course there is. the local NPR affiliate does a BBC feed from 10p-6a, there's a college indie station that's really good, another very highly regarded jazz station, etc.

i mean no it's not 19 diverse and interesting independent stations on the dial like it was back in the day but it's not quite dead yet. you just gotta really favor the public/indie band at 88-92 MHz

i listen to the radio like 3 hours a day probably

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
It's not a hard rule any more. 102.3 is the indie FM station in Denver. They just generally chose to allocate low for nonprofits/jesus stations. "gentleman's agreement" as we'd say in ham radio

One thing that would affect it is that 'sporadic E' propagation allows stations to interfere with others hundreds of miles away, and the highest frequency at which it works varies on how 'intense' the band opening is. so if you have a commercial station, it has a higher chance of loving with another commercial station if they're both on 88.9 MHz vs 107.1 MHz. hence you put the public stations low because you won't get advertisers whining that their market got trashed for an afternoon

Jonny 290 fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Aug 11, 2021

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

this is what happens when the only legal drugs are dxm and alcohol

content:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

FMguru posted:

im currently working on going through all my toolboxes, consolidating tools, filling in gaps, and throwing away crap, when i stumbled across this mysterious artifact from the 1980s

pop quiz yospos - can you identify the purpose for which this little bundle of tools was sold?

hint: the tip of that long cylinder is a torx bit

old mac teardown

e: hah nailed it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
omg <3

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
that is the least edited video ive ever seen. i kept fast forwarding a few percent at a time till i was a third of the way in and he still hadn't started explaining why beverly hills stinks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

they should never drive it anywhere, it's just too pretty

they should crush it and recycle it into something useful

i hate that car