Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PIZZA.BAT)

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

Lake of Methane posted:

weird how we all decided that was a cop

my second guess was 'australian'

https://youtu.be/qBE9TZP26FI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

echinopsis posted:

jira? the french metal band?

jira is the written in Java

you're thinking of the one written in golang

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

a friend of mine had this product. it's basically a screenless camera you fixed on your phone and used an app to get a live view.

it took decent pictures but the system to attach it was really janky so it felt like you couldn't trust it to hold your 500$ toy.

basically it was stupid

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

wearing my rodtronics t-shirt right now and it's actually one of my top 5 shirts overall so gg echi

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

as long as it's not blistering cold i never mind being in the rain, like in the summer, if i'm not on lsd

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

Eeyo posted:

i hadn't seen this before a few weeks ago, it's apparently called a stretch ceiling. i don't fully understand why, but here's a video of an installation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkybnN8XdzM

i don't like the glossiness of it, that aesthetic doesn't really do it for me.

they're also hilarious when there's a leak above them, they bulge out with comically large amounts of water. maybe better than it getting on your floor but definitely entertaining.

had that in my old house, my parents basically put it up there because we had apparent wooden beams, and it was the best way to keep the beams but have a nice flat white color in the middle. basically the tensioned ceiling was installed in the gaps (around 60cm wide and a couple meters long)

funny you mention the leak thing because we had exactly that happen. the bathtub above started pissing water out and there was a pretty comical bulge above my head

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

I'm a smoker and it'd be impolite to smoke in front of my colleagues during a zoom meeting. when they last 2 hours i really wish i had a deepfake me with a mouth that moves more or less according to me live voice

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

infernal machines posted:

oh wow, that's perfect

you've obviously never ordered a pillow or t-shirt on AliExpress. print quality is always absolute garbage because they use a 50x50 jpeg as source material

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

you can now order sickos prints on the onion website

https://store.theonion.com/products/sickos-cartoon-print?_pos=4&_sid=bf2541c9a&_ss=r

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Same. My brain just doesn't process them at all.

has nobody made a site where you can upload these images and see the result? i'm in the same situation

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

i've still got the key from an old casio with "urine" signed on it from when they did a kickstarter

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

it would be cool and clever if this thing was not the result of corrupted individuals pocketing 95% of the budget.

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

ah yeah, a great idea to buy your kid an aliexpress flamethrower and let him use it in his room without supervision.

other than that, kid is pretty cool

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

jesus WEP posted:

the flamethrower is the coolest bit fyi

as a professional stage lighting designer i can tell you that there is nothing cool about a dmx controlled flamethrower from aliexpress in a bedroom

dmx has no error correction

dmx is susceptible to noise

i have had 10 grand+ professional lighting fixtures spazz out because of a bad cable

that said i laughed so it's impossible to say if it's dangerous or not

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

Salt Fish posted:

Listening to the classics

i have the same entertainment system in my mazda and it is pretty loving terrible software. i don't know what it does to show artist name and track id but for some reason sometimes when i listen to perturbator it shows up as "perturbazzione". like how does that even happen?

e: and it's not like it can only display stuff from its database. i have some tracks i made myself with completely random track ids and they show up just fine. there's some kind of senseless fuzzy logic that i don't understand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

lol