Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Here is the entire edit history of Hafnaoui's wikipedia page until immediately prior to him winning a gold loving medal.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

World records are always cool as hell.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Vertical Lime posted:

yes

nbc gets special preference with this scheduling

NBC's payment for broadcasting rights is I think an outright majority of the IOC's total funding, so that buys them a lot of scheduling leverage.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Vintersorg posted:

I hope he does to the camera since his dad isn’t there. Forza ITALIA!

E: yay Canada

I love that she wears glasses - hate contacts!

I get the sense that wearing contacts in a pool is just asking for trouble.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Always a big fan of the officials standing at the end of the lanes leaning over and going "hmm yes you touched the wall there, good" :hmmyes:

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

waffy posted:

As an ex-swimmer who was best at 100 breaststroke, I enjoy picturing how worthless I would have looked swimming alongside Adam Peaty.

"And as Adam Peaty touches for yet another sub-56 time-- yes, that appears to be Teddybear floating face-down in the middle of the pool, placing all his hopes in lifeguards that simply aren't there"

TheMadMilkman posted:

I’m a stroke and turn official, and it’s great fun.

... I mean, I know rationally that's the real name of it, but I absolutely have to giggle a little bit.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

New Olympic record in the semifinal, nbd

Will it get listed as 2020 or 2021 in the graphic? It's 2021 but it's the 2020 olympics.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I think that's all the swimming for a while? It picks up again at like 6AM eastern?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I will note that glasses/contacts discussion here finally made me get off my rear end and book an appointment for a very overdue eye exam, so thank you for that.

pseudodragon posted:

The best part was her squinting to see the results board at the far side of the pool and the delayed reaction to the win.

"I'm in... blurst place? That can't be right."

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

World records getting broken is cool as gently caress.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I hadn't heard the Tchaikovsky they've been playing before now. That's oddly nice.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

The first heats of Paralympic Swimming start in about a half hour!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Hella respect to the Brazilian S2 athlete in the 100m backstroke who does not have arms and kicked his way to second place in his heat.