Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Get your fingers of that Hughes. He's ours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Starsfan posted:

yeah I myself at first was confused about why someone would withdraw from an event they had been preparing for years to compete in because they felt "off" on the day, but then 30 seconds of reading about her decision caused me to understand that in her sport if you are "off" by part of a second on timing or your form is slightly wrong you can kill or paralyze yourself attempting to do the things that she does.

I didn't realize the toxic masculinity based brain rot that has infected hockey since time immemorial has leaked into the women's side of the sport but it makes perfect sense that it would. :(

Yeah, generally for most people having an off day at work means you have an extra cup of coffee. For her it's the difference between permanent paralysis and maybe not sticking the landing and everything in between.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I think with Lundqvist gone the real era of super goalie is over.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Hertl would look good on Vancouver just sayin...

Ohhhjj contending team

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Misanthrope posted:

That's a very tactful, well written statement... I'm sure Theo will thoughtfully read it and take it to heart.

He (or his book agent) apparently deleted the tweets in question so maybe? Phone posting so can't be arsed to check but read about it in another article about this.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Maybe they finally found the reason for his weird lips

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

The league will just fix the draft for them again

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Chara on the Islanders is a thing I consciously knew but had never really internalized until now. That's probably weird for a few fanbases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Spelling Mitsake posted:

The Habs and Canes are starting to get this weird management rivalry that won't have any intensity on the ice.

I'm thinking like the Simpsons hockey episode