Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

Levitate posted:

Also rape monsters
Yes, otters are terrible: https://www.vox.com/2014/4/24/5640890/otters-rape-baby-seals-monsters-bad

I mean, as it turns out the Blackhawks need to change their name to something less offensive and this would maybe be appropriate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
I've been working all morning with limited internet access and holy poo poo gently caress Ken Holland, the Oilers management, the Edmonton media and also the province of Alberta but that's just because I haven't been able to leave in a year and a half.

Duck Rodgers posted:

Winnipeg only has 1 NHL goalie, but it is Connor Helebuyck so okay
Oilers have zero, by my count.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
I hate the salary cap because I wanna be able to say "gently caress Katz, go get paid Nurse" but instead I have to think that this guy can't capitalize on his few years of earning potential because it means my team can't afford another defenceman.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
https://twitter.com/ryan_batty/status/1430904727655522307

I mean, yeah, 28th seems about right.

https://theathletic.com/2789554/2021/08/25/2021-nhl-front-office-rankings-fans-weigh-in-on-every-team/

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

ThinkTank posted:

I mean yeah but that would make Oilers fans happy and no one wants that.
I live in Edmonton, I'm literally never happy.

Powershift posted:

Unless they get a specific exemption. The oilers and flames will either have to restrict games to 12+ and require vaccine passports or operate at 1/3 capacity because we’re all dying up here.
I find that kinda weird because the numbers I'm seeing are WAY worse in the South and poo poo ain't shut down there. Like, we're losing 24 people a day in Alberta and our health system is in the midst of collapsing.

To be clear, I think Alberta NEEDS to have vaccine passports and reduced capacity, I'm just boggled at how like Florida is OK with thousands of deaths a week.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
Quick, offer Koskinen one-for-one for Tarasenko!

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

Eric the Mauve posted:

Teams handing out benzos with prescriptions, which are trivially easy to get within the NHL, is another matter.
Christ, benzo withdrawal can last for loving everrrrr. I have to wonder if nhl prescribing practices have something to do with poor health outcomes in former players...

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
https://twitter.com/_DrewWheeler/status/1444515876615639041?s=19

Uhhh that's... that's not how you treat a brain injury. I don't even know how you'd come up with that being a good idea at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

They're lucky they didn't kill that kid.
Granted journalists would have just blamed him, but loving hell what a lovely, needlessly dangerous thing to do. Why is there not a governing medical body watching out for this poo poo
Sounds like the training staff, not necessarily doctors. So one question may be how did the trainers get access to benzodiazepines? But yeah, if a doctor was involved in either prescribing or (worse) supplying sedatives in that situation I'd hope a state medical board or provincial college would take a long hard look at that.