Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2007

an A+ poster (:

IT IS THE OLYMPICS AND YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS???? TIME TO FIND OUT WHO THE WORLDS BEST AIR GUN SHOOTER IS!!

What is Olympics Air Rifle Shooting?
Air rifle shooting is a sport invented like 500 years ago or something crazy like that. they used to have lame old dumb air guns for people who were too poor to afford gunpowder or something i think, but they look like this:

modern air rifle guns look real cool like something out of a video game

*pew pew*

The point of the sport is that you shoot your air rifle at target and try to hit the target that sometimes is even as far away as 10 meters - or slightly more than a football player needs to go to get a first down! I dont really know how the scoring works because wikipedia didnt explain it, but the highest achievable final score is 261.6 points.

When you do Olympic Air Gun Shooting you get to wear a cool rear end uniform too, just one look at this dude and you know that he crushes mad puss

Anyways, now that we understand the basics, lets use this thread to talk about OLYMPIC AIR GUN!!

There was an American chick from UK who got 6th place today. I didnt know that colleges had gun teams, i wonder if that kids from VT had known he could have been on the airgun team he would have but his skills to better use?
https://ukathletics.com/news/2021/7/23/mary-tucker-finishes-sixth-in-womens-air-rifle-final.aspx
6th place is okay, but not that impressive, like check out this chick who won the gold, she isnt even looking at where she is shooting and she got 1st place, I think she must be really good

I cant wait for tomorrow and more exciting OLYMPIC AIR GUN developments!!!!

Start Time Location Event Status
9:00 Asaka Shooting Range - 10m Range
10m Air Pistol Mixed Team Pre-Event Training
9:00 Asaka Shooting Range - Shotgun Ranges
Skeet(lol) Women's Qualification - Day 2
10:00 Asaka Shooting Range - Shotgun Ranges
Skeet Men's Qualification - Day 2
11:00 Asaka Shooting Range - 10m Range
10m Air Rifle Mixed Team Pre-Event Training
14:50 Asaka Shooting Range - Shotgun C - Final Range

Skeet Women's Final
15:50 Asaka Shooting Range - Shotgun C - Final Range

Skeet Men's Final

*approval pending

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derpies
Mar 10, 2014

BORN TO AWOO
WORLD IS A TUG
Squatch Em All 1989
I am trash poster
42,069 DEAD WOLFGIRLS

If you are skeeting air with your pistol consult a doctor Nooner

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

Good thing she's wearing earplugs to protect her hearing from the gentle puff of air.

wikipedia posted:

The use of specialized clothing is allowed to improve the stability of the shooting position and prevent chronic back injury which can be caused by the asymmetric offset load on the spine when the rifle is held in position.

:confused:

wikipedia posted:

Modern PCP match rifles from the leading manufacturers all feature regulated PCP powerplants to minimize shot-to-shot output pressure variations and hence muzzle velocity inconsistency, mechanical or electronic match triggers offering low shot development time (at low lock times factors like the dwell time of the pellet in the barrel become influential), shoot practically recoilless and vibration free, exhibit minimal movement and balance shifts and can be tailored by an adjustable aluminum stock and other user interfaces like the non-magnifying target shooting diopter and globe sighting line and various accessories to the individual shooters personal preferences to promote comfortable and accurate shooting from a standing position.

:chloe:

And 10 loving meters? Darts is more impressive than this poo poo. loving curling is 77x more impressive than this poo poo.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

BluesShaman posted:

Good thing she's wearing earplugs to protect her hearing from the gentle puff of air.

Air guns can totes blow your eardrums out.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

also uh why does nooner keep getting probes for totally bullshit reasons

Derpies
Mar 10, 2014

BORN TO AWOO
WORLD IS A TUG
Squatch Em All 1989
I am trash poster
42,069 DEAD WOLFGIRLS

Dip Viscous posted:

also uh why does nooner keep getting probes for totally bullshit reasons

Simple minded mods

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Behind every great engineer is someone just hoping the "genius" doesn't bankrupt everyone.

Nooner posted:

*approval pending

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.

Does anyone in TFR/Pellet Palace shoot 10m pistol?

Background: I've done some rimfire competition and like precision shooting with little "thwwwipp" rounds (seriously, I think I may own a literal score of 22 rifles and pistols).

I've been idly looking at a good airgun for years after picking up a couple of Daisy 853s from the CMP for peanuts. Really don't want to be as geardo as 10m rifle requires, but the ability to shoot a super high quality pistol in my backyard/basement in a t shirt speaks to me.

It's entirely within the realm of possibility for me to turn some of my safe contents into an olympic-level pistol (and could probably even get my hands on/try some out in the vendor's row at next year's CMP nationals). But before I do that, I would love to hear some experiences shooting it. Especially since my regular tactic of "buy one used and sell it for what you paid if you don't like it" doesn't seem to be much of an option for this, because the usual used marketplaces have very few listed.