Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The only thing I'll point out before we go down the NOT MAFIA rabbit hole is that 3Ps + Godfathers exist, but Maerlyn's result have absolutely narrowed the playing field for the day.

Though I don't forsee a game with 15 players having multiple 3P roles (As Steak is dead)
3 scum, 2 3P, 10 town?

Maerlyn posted:

I want to talk to taste too (tell me more about this eccocop)

It's the variant of your role -http://mafiawiki.notesmash.org/wiki/Cop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Infinitum posted:

The only thing I'll point out before we go down the NOT MAFIA rabbit hole is that 3Ps + Godfathers exist, but Maerlyn's result have absolutely narrowed the playing field for the day.

Though I don't forsee a game with 15 players having multiple 3P roles (As Steak is dead)
3 scum, 2 3P, 10 town?

It's the variant of your role -http://mafiawiki.notesmash.org/wiki/Cop

Oh yep that's it. Why do you think there's another 3P though?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Maerlyn posted:

Oh yep that's it. Why do you think there's another 3P though?

I don't.

Mafia edit:

Infinitum posted:

3 scum, 2 3P, 10 town? Unlikely

Like yes absolutely it still exists as a possibility, but at this point in time I think the probability is low - and we should knock out scum.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sub Rosa - Did you have anything to do with Snooze Cruise's death?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Bif

Casting out suspicions in a shotgun. Committed to nothing.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hey guys I think we just found the godfather.

Disinterested scum not reading the thread? Well I never.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I’d vote taste too I think. That baiting on Infi at end of day looks like someone who knew it wasn’t a scum flip coming.

Also another point in the Bif vote. She distanced from the Steak elimination as it became real.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Let’s try not to spend all day talking about claims and instead look at the SK flip and how that happened. Maybe we can look at Snooze’s content.

We can do this by ignoring roles! Let’s go.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Bifauxnen posted:

Mate I said I still agreed Steak was full of it, I unvoted him only when someone brought him right up to -1 super early

And don't pretend you don't remember cause you even reacted to it after the fact all "oh wait you agree with me lol"

You didn’t come back to it. You didn’t present an alternative. You just wanted to be away from the vote.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Like, if Steak flips town, Bif comes in today judging people on the vote and expressing her concern that scum ran the turbo which is why she moved off.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
When she wakes up, she’s going to put more effort into defending herself than she’s put into the game so far, likely discrediting my vote as someone who hasn’t done a ton, lightly saying I’m scum with no case in the process, and generally spamming the game. All of that you should ignore. She does it as both alignments.

You should, however, think about what scum would do thinking steak flips town yesterday. How would scum have handled that run up? Then, read what Bif did.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

merk posted:

You didn’t come back to it. You didn’t present an alternative. You just wanted to be away from the vote.

merk I never give a poo poo about being away from a vote. I unvoted because he was at minus one, and only for that reason, because there was still a lot of D2 left. He then got hammered while I was asleep at 3am.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

merk posted:

Like, if Steak flips town, Bif comes in today judging people on the vote and expressing her concern that scum ran the turbo which is why she moved off.

Lol no, if Steak flipped town I'd be like brrap brrap pew pew sucks to be you

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Merkkkkk read the thread merkkkkkkkk, even just the last page with results merrrkkk

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

merk posted:

When she wakes up, she’s going to put more effort into defending herself than she’s put into the game so far, likely discrediting my vote as someone who hasn’t done a ton, lightly saying I’m scum with no case in the process, and generally spamming the game. All of that you should ignore. She does it as both alignments.

You should, however, think about what scum would do thinking steak flips town yesterday. How would scum have handled that run up? Then, read what Bif did.

Hey genius I'm already awake cause it's 9pm in Australia

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's Lockdown baby!

Both our states are 2 parts of a whole idiot!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Infinitum posted:

Merkkkkk read the thread merkkkkkkkk, even just the last page with results merrrkkk

I don’t give a drat about night actions. We’ve eliminated a serial killer. We have a scum flip.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

merk posted:

btw I already I did express concern this morning that scum ran the turbo, but again, that is not why I moved off.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Night actions narrows the vote down to 2 people.

Are you the godfather merk? :thunk:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

And yeah now that Steak has flipped not scum, do you not wanna go by day posting and judge who was on that vote? Steak was an SK so still an enemy and still acting dodgy, so it was good for people to pick up on that, but ending the day that fast didn't seem great. Although if Plastic isn't a godfather I guess scum didn't have to save him after all. Circl is still dodgy though even before all your hated night actions came into it.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

merk posted:

Y'all definitely should listen to merk and read what I did. My last words before falling the gently caress asleep were

Bifauxnen posted:

Oh whew

I do agree with this a lot but let's not get to -1 this early again plz

Man I am so distancing myself from the idea of voting Steak

I didn't even bother typing any chitchat or anything before just posting the unvote by itself cause I knew we'd been sitting at -2 waiting to see if Steak would properly claim or not, then l saw Plastic pushing it further to -1 and went WHOAH not again wtf

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I almost want to push taste for this post:

t a s t e posted:

I’m built different

The SK was an AI which led me to assume that potentially scum were androids/robots whatever until the flip this morning.
I read this as taste being extremely coy about their alignment. "I'm built different because I'm a robot/non-human/etc"

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Oh hey JoBro how come you've been staying up even more than me lately, that can't be good mate

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Because NSW is a Delta Hell Zone, so I am taking a Gladys Berejiklian funded vacaction.

Also I just read the conclusion of the main battle of Jojolion against Wonder Of U. What an unfollowable shitshow of word salad Jojo has turned into.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hype for Stone Ocean tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAsM_nd1ULQhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McWEab2zwSE

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Infinitum posted:

I almost want to push taste for this post:

The SK was an AI which led me to assume that potentially scum were androids/robots whatever until the flip this morning.
I read this as taste being extremely coy about their alignment. "I'm built different because I'm a robot/non-human/etc"

Lol

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Sub Rosa - Did you have anything to do with Snooze Cruise's death?

No

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Infinitum posted:

Night actions narrows the vote down to 2 people.

Are you the godfather merk? :thunk:

Let’s pigeon hole ourselves into voting two people based on unconfirmed results in a setup we don’t understand with two other alignment confirming mechanics also claimed. What could go wrong?

Also, why would I, as “godfather,” be against this plan?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
i can partially confirm maerlyn's claims insofar as maerlyn definitely did visit bifauxnen N1, and nothing untoward seems to have happened as a result

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
my top 4 picks remain unchanged, since a godfather does seem likely

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Someone claims cop results, imma believe the cop.

Unless it's someone at -1 who claims cop/doc, then you hammer.

merk posted:

Also, why would I, as “godfather,” be against this plan?

I don't know why are you?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

the holy poopacy posted:

i can partially confirm maerlyn's claims insofar as maerlyn definitely did visit bifauxnen N1, and nothing untoward seems to have happened as a result

Huh, if were you tracking her did you get to see her visit four different people? That'd be pretty wild

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Infinitum posted:

Someone claims cop results, imma believe the cop.

Unless it's someone at -1 who claims cop/doc, then you hammer.

I don't know why are you?

I am against the plan because we have plenty of content to analyze. Can you at least look at the two people you are saying we must vote one of and tell me why they are scum based on content?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Bifauxnen posted:

Huh, if were you tracking her did you get to see her visit four different people? That'd be pretty wild

no clue, sadly i am just a watcher

(i watched sandwolf N2 and nothing happened)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

merk posted:

I am against the plan because we have plenty of content to analyze. Can you at least look at the two people you are saying we must vote one of and tell me why they are scum based on content?

Circl is scummy based on what little content he has being almost entirely mechanics based.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

merk posted:

I mean like.. I don't have to play that way? Like at all?

3 remaining people not copped:
- Sandwolf is mod confirmed
- Sub Rosa is the Governor
- Circl is ???

I pushed Steak off the massive scummy vibe they were giving off yesterday.
I'm happy to push Circl today off of night action

Days don't need to be 72hr post fests ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Infinitum posted:

I mean like.. I don't have to play that way? Like at all?

3 remaining people not copped:
- Sandwolf is mod confirmed
- Sub Rosa is the Governor
- Circl is ???

I pushed Steak off the massive scummy vibe they were giving off yesterday.
I'm happy to push Circl today off of night action

Days don't need to be 72hr post fests ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Somberbrero posted:

this will be a role-heavy game, but i don't expect it to be solvable through night actions.

Got it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Bifauxnen posted:

Circl is scummy based on what little content he has being almost entirely mechanics based.

This is an actual case. Why, Infintum, are you unable to make even a one sentence case on one of these two candidates?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

expect =/= unable

##vote circlmastr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Looking at Circl, he does have awkward posts and posts focused on game mechanics. Those seem kind of scummy I guess, the awkward posts in particular (the 'woe is me everything I post is scummy I should just lurk' one more often comes from scum than town).

However, this post stands out with Snooze flipping scum, especially the bolded part:

CirclMastr posted:

Okay I don't get the fake claim or coyness or anything that steak is doing. The only defense put forward seems to be "voting quickly is bad" but I think a lot of us were ready to vote Snooze quickly if they had legit been caught.

##vote steak

I could get behind this vote.

##vote Circl