Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yes please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
GAME WHEN

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
just woke up, i have cool good role. also the flavor is really good in this game

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol maybe i will. sounds delicious

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hmmmm, i have determined that infinitum is scum ##vote infinitum

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Infinitum posted:

I am all of those things, but it is not a gambit.

I explained myself in my next post after that.

I am maximising the benefit the role can potentially award town.
If town know not to visit me intentionally, it minimises the amount of visits that have to be explained if/when I flip - increasing the chance my death catches scum.

If I don't inform town and a bunch of people visit me, the list becomes muddied - and awards little benefit to town.
was gonna type a response to this post, but then poopacy said exactly what i was gonna

the holy poopacy posted:

I'm not thrilled by this reasoning. Even for a role-heavy game there's not likely to be that many visits and imo outing a minor power role (docs don't have to worry too much about getting caught by this) in exchange for confirming a scum is probably a good trade.

I think optimal play would have been to keep your mouth shut. This is especially true since a game with observation powers may give scum stealth abilities, so letting them know that you're a priority target for ninja kills makes a potentially useful ability into a liability. But it does still provide excellent cover for scum/third party roles.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
merk scummy for pretending to not understand what a party host is......?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Maerlyn posted:

This does ping me as scummy though

##vote steak

this vote is scummy lol, dont ask me why tho.

Snooze Cruise posted:

???
i didn't know what a party host was

thats fine, merk is way more experienced than any of us so it'd be weird from him, but also im pretty sure i misread what he said anyway so ignore me calling him scummy

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PlasticAutomaton posted:

I think if Infinitum's scum that would be an incredibly ballsy move to pull right at the start of the game and is more likely to backfire and get attention on him Day 1 while also giving himself an incredibly disposable role, meaning he's putting himself up for first lunch.

So yeah, I'm going to believe the claim because the alternative seems like absolute suicide.

this could be a scum post of knowing that infi is town. it's going in the record

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

merk posted:

##vote plastic

This is a fake take.

my man merk, im so glad you're town in this game

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
bif probably scum tbh, but seriously dont ask me why tho

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Infinitum posted:

Bif I barely remember what I did last game

No, I considered it. I feel the benefit of immediate fullclaim offsets the risk of a ninja-type role if town are aware they shouldn't visit me intentionally - as scum will try to throw whoever's on the list under the bus.

Don't be on the list intentionally is the biggest net gain for town

bro, you failed to consider that town investigative roles might want to take a peek at what's up w the dude who claimed party host on day 1. lmao i mean, if i had an investigative role [which i dont] then i'd 100% be using it on you. and it's not going to be hard for scum to spin a believable fakeclaim about doing exactly that, so.....

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

im gonna be real w you the only reason i suspect bif is that she used spoiler text in one of her posts even though she was just talking about the game still.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sub Rosa posted:

So I ask myself how I feel about you unvoting in response to a little bit of suspicion. And the part about already setting up justification to vote Infinitum later even without a scum read for the information doesn't sit well with me.

##vote the holy poopacy

this is wrong. very bad vote

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bifauxnen posted:

Not liking this po-

Yeah I agree, but you forgot to do this

##vote Sub Rosa

Really tempted to vote IA instead though.

oh ok, good. bif is town this game too. y'all are hosed

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ia subrosa maerlyn

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
maybe plastic as well

##vote plastic

solved it.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

the holy poopacy posted:

ia/subrosa do seem to be lining up together (almost too well to be scumbuddies although that's getting into WIFOM territory) but why maerlyn in particular, other than the vote on you?

other than the vote being on me, it was a bad vote with no explanation other than an implication that my post was bad. also seems to be treating the vote as a serious one.

also, she participated in the "content game" proposed by ia which seemed like a forced way to fake game content

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

merk posted:

Steak calling people town so strongly seems scummy.

no it aint

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

merk posted:

##vote Steak

Reading again, Steak jumping quickly to call Bif and I town so strongly is the scummiest thing so far.

no it isn't though!!

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bifauxnen posted:

Ok this is legit a good place to look

##vote Steak

??? bif what

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote sub rosa

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

the holy poopacy posted:

I do think it's IA + Sub Rosa

vote sub rosa with me then!

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

the holy poopacy posted:

you made the same call, why are you voting sub rosa and not IA?

cuz the most popular option is more likely to have scum on the vote.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what is this about turboing me? have i been inactive or someething

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also im thinking PA is more likely scum again ##vote plastic

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bifauxnen posted:

Oh that was quick, but have you got anything else, Steak?

what do you mean?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

the holy poopacy posted:

mason me maer plastic ia ????
scum sr maer plastic ia

wait hol up, you think 3 of your masonbuds are all scum...?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bifauxnen posted:

You literally just showed up to go "what am I getting turboed, ok vote somebody bye"

I demand more Steak content

too much time playing great ace attorney lol

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PlasticAutomaton posted:

As much as it actually pains me to agree with Taste, I really want to know what the gently caress Rosa just did, because nothing about that pardon made sense, and Rosa admitted they were doing it for their own sake.

##vote: Sub Rosa

scum post

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh, no, im not a mason btw

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Toalpaz posted:

##vote ia

scum was shaking in their boots when we did this...

i agree wholeheartedly ##vote ia

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

merk posted:

Let’s talk about content. Steak’s, for example, is scummy.

literally why?? i was thinking you were town early on before you started pulling this poo poo

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

the holy poopacy posted:

why does it "make sense" for a town role to out themselves with a deliberately useless use of their ability rather than keeping it in their pants

it's equally "wasted" either way

i 100% agree with this btw. i just also dont think that makes him scum

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sandwolf posted:

peepee,

poopoo

hello? what's up

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

the holy poopacy posted:

I do, and I don't think this should be controversial.

IA is obvious scum

I have spent most of D1 claiming he is obvious scum

at the time he was definitely going down, he got 4 votes in 15 minutes which would have been hammer had I not pumped the breaks. this after.an entire page of people saying "yeah I could vote IA"

those 4 votes were Sandwolf, Plastic, CirclMastr, and SR

do you think that those 4 votes were all townies who were all spontaneously persuaded at that exact moment to turbo without further discussion?

I don't see how that turbo happened without scum votes in on it and given how much momentum was on ia I believe it was a hard bus

i don't get what you're saying here. well, i mean, i do get what you're saying. you're saying the scumteam decided to scumrush their own teammate. but..... why though?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

yea?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Snooze Cruise posted:

if you had to kill gulag or sub rosa, who would you pick

gulag.

why did you ask about those two in particular?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
poopacy, switch to IA then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Idle Amalgam posted:

What's your actual case, steakmeat?

i cant say i really have one! but the case on sub rosa reeks of easy target for me, and doesn't resonate w me as scummy nearly as much as people are pushing.

my first choice would be plastic, but seeing as im also personally at risk of being voted out, i'd rather put my vote behind someone on the board