Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Plebian Parasite posted:

Every year I spend days trying to beat octopath start to finish but always get frustrated with it's glacial pace and drop it. I either need to just pick up where I left off or stop trying at this point.

I’m in the same camp, I don’t want to admit that I’ve given it up because I love the battle system and I like the characters and stories, but every battle, even random ones, takes so long, and you have to grind to keep your team on pace because only the active party gets any XP, and then on top of that the episodic nature of the story makes it so easy to play a chapter or two and then put it down for 6 months. I swear I’ll finish it one day but it might be in 10 years on the Switch 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I think the only game that I’ve ever consciously, deliberately given up on (as opposed to like “well, I’ll get back to this one day when I’m in more of a mood for it” and then that day never comes) was Rage 2. I drove out to the first bandit camp nearest the tutorial area and cleared it out, but they blew up my car during the fight. The walking speed in that game is like half the speed it should be so I just said gently caress it, quit, uninstalled, and never played again instead of walking back to base.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

mycophobia posted:

i dont finish like 80% of the games i start op

I’m the same way, that’s why I limited my post to just the only game I’ve made the actual “gently caress this, I’m not playing this anymore” decision on. I try to juggle too many games at once and then inevitably a bunch of them end up falling out of rotation, never to be seen again

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

lmao. I tried again a few months ago and was able to do it but for like 3 years I wasn’t able to play Grim Dawn because I got violently sick while playing it one day and then my brain decided to link it to the game so even thinking about playing again made me feel queasy

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Here you go brother. PayPal’s in the bio.

lmfao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Fungah! posted:

cspam must be destroyed at all costs

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

Imo all it takes is not posting like a freak to not get probated. Not like you gotta prove your epic poster chops or anything

This.