Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Same, I gave up on the first PoE after five hours but I've played through the second one twice and had a great time

Giving up on Red Dead 2 is probably my most haunting failure but I just couldn't take any more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I played like two planets of Outer Worlds and then gave up when I realised I'd already seen every single enemy the game was going to offer

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Major Isoor posted:

are there some plot elements that are better/clearer if you play through the original?

It doesn't seem like it, there are a couple npcs who are like "hi I was in the first game" but none of them are important at all and there's a recap that covers the major plot points anyway. Just play 2. It's fun

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I didn’t even finish the first planet. The game felt devoid of personality despite the decent voice acting

I kept hanging on because I was having just enough fun to carry on and wait for it to all come together and then suddenly I was just like oh wait, this is it. Well so long

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Larry Parrish posted:

i no joke met the AI of your ship in outer worlds and almost immediately turned it off lol

good instincts

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rabid Boar posted:

I pick up Darkest Dungeon at least once a year and never manage to get more than a few hours in. I love the atmosphere and art style but the RNG is so painful and the overall gameplay is just too grindy for me. Maybe I'm playing it wrong but I think I just need to accept that it's not happening.

I have similar feelings with Sunless Sea as well but the urge to replay it isn't as strong.

Sunless Skies as well, I remember all the cool poo poo and get hyped to play it and then after an hour I remember how agonisingly fuckin slow it is and how much the combat sucks and I stop again

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Big Bizness posted:

I'm not saying village is horrible or anything, I just wasn't into it. like half of what I played was fun exploration and combat, but it just seemed loaded with the walk and talk modern AAA game stuff. Extended cutscenes like the villagers who are introduced, characterized and then completely abandoned is the kind of material I'm talking about. Getting the 1911 and starting to upgrade the shotgun only to go into the doll house and immediately lose access to all of it. Upgrade some more afterwards only for the next section again to abandon the combat mechanics in lieu of avoiding fish man in another combat free setpiece. Just not enough of the core gameplay in there for me. I usually love the series but wasn't feeling that one.

The dollhouse and the fish man chase over the rooftops are like the coolest parts of the game. You maniac

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I finished the main story of gta v in a textbook demonstration of the sunk cost fallacy