Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

Neverwinter Nights 2. I always get to the bandit mountain and realize there's another good 10 hours before I get to any good part of the game and quit. I know Mask of the Betrayer is supposed to be amazing but since it's technically a direct sequel.I can't play it unless I beat 2 first. It doesn't help that nwn2 is an insanely janky game, after I upgraded my computer performance got WORSE somehow, not like graphics wise or low fps but weird glitches like rubberbanding in singleplayer mode which made combat even more painful than it already was

had this exact same experience except i managed to power through it by gratuitous use of console commands to skip through the awful stuff (most of nwn2). i think you could probably watch a recap of 2 and head right into mask, the hardest part is figuring out how to play 3rd edition dnd as an extremely high level character. if you start in mask they shotgun 5000000 experience at you and you spend an hour in dozens of levelup screens.

i will never finish nwn1 though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Secret of mana

'Jrpg arpg hybrid' sounds great but I was hoping for lttp with rpg stats, not timing invulnerability frames for attacks while standing around. I beat the spike tiger because people said that was the worst part and it was still bad after that.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

That Little Demon posted:

they want to gently caress the childrens cartoon characters

You're so close

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Gave up on mischief makers when I was like 6, I couldnt get past the first level. Playing it years later I'm not sure what there is to get stuck on. Thankfully blockbuster was the best demo system around.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

blk posted:

Anyone else give up on Total War: Three Kingdoms? I loved Shogun 1 and 2 and Medieval 1 and 2 (Napoleon/Empire was fine, skipped the Romes). I have never sunk so much time into a game only to perpetually have it kick my rear end and waste hours of campaigning, both with Cao Cao and whoever the guy that’s tarts in the south is. I’ve read guides on how to make the most of the new politics system, etc, but don’t seem to be getting anywhere.

Am I just lovely now or is it much harder than the others?

No, 3k is the best one imo. Start with sun jian and learn how to strategically make your buildings to focus on the strength of the commandery. Kill everyone else in the south and you can become invincible. The politics system is very awesome and theres no weird stuff to learn because the ai will respond in realistic ways. Ignore spies for now. Unless you're on very hard I don't know how you can lose that.