Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Pillars for me too. I think I've gotten to Defiance Bay a few times and something else has grabbed my interest.

Bloodborne is another game I just stopped playing. Got stuck on Father Gasgoine many years ago and when I finally beat him I felt so elated, I just turned off the console and never played it again.

I gave up on Metroid Prime and Kingdom Hearts 1 almost 20 years ago and before I could even think about getting back to htem all of my games got stolen and theyve been gnawing away at my mind all of this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I also stopped playing the Witcher 3 near the end a few years ago and just never played it again...its still installed on my PC just waiting for me to jump back in a shag some whores over a game of Gwent.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

That Little Demon posted:

like, I get it.. but I can't, I feel like I'm cheating myself even though I didn't like 1 at all. I'm the same way with any numbered series, like I beat all DQ and FF before I go to the next one too lol

I dont even think its bad. I like the Lore well enough...just it isnt very exciting. Also, I get burned out descending into the castle basement every time.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I stopped playing eu4 after only 600 hours and I barely cracked 300 on CK3. Paradox drat fell off once they had Dumb Bitch the Wiz on the payroll.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Witcher 2 is another game I couldn't finish. Got all the way to the last city and felt dread at having to go through another hub again and just stopped playing. Found out a while later that the last city is literally just endgame. Whoops.

FF6, finished all the way to the final dungeon, saved outside and just never ever played it again. Just couldn't fathom fighting one million random encounters all the way to the last boss.

Also, FF3, except I quit because I needed to grind to beat the last boss and just wasn't about that poo poo.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Recovering the last memory is the best part of the story anyway. Hyrule castle is cool though.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

BotW is amazing, but it does lose something once you are equipped to the gills. Its probably why everyone talks fondly about Eventide.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Link is allowed to be right-handed. He might be pre-disposed to being left-handed, but we don't yet fully understand the mechanism for the reincarnation or connections between games.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

i can legitimately never remember if i've beaten ff12 because of this. like three or four times i've gotten deep into the endgame and i truly can't remember if i ever just took the time to beat the game, lol. i'm pretty sure that if i beat it tomorrow i still wouldn't know if i had beaten it before then, the story sort of starts to blur together for me.

FF12 was the first game I ever remember struggling to finish.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Fortaleza posted:

Also on the list of BOTW giver-uppers. Got all the divine beasts done and I’m pretty sure every shrine but stopped at hyrule castle, kept getting owned hard by the guardians there. I’m sure there was an approach or piece of equipment I was missing to make it smooth sailing but oh well. Then not long after I gave up I moved and kinda forgot about it and eventually gave the switch away so it just ain’t gonna happen.

How did you get every shorine without every figuring our how to kill a guardian?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

que sera sera posted:

reminds me of this lol

Lol, Herculon ftw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wrong thread...lol